<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Religious Freedom Watch offers a $5,000 reward for information leading to the identification and criminal or civil prosecution of persons making threats against RFW and/or persons associated with it. The threats have come from a person or persons using the monikers of ElBaldo, Eggshell White, Advocate of Painful Death or similar names.

The following are some of the IP numbers identified in either the usenet postings or email threats that have been received by the publisher:

ip's edited by casek

THE WAR HAS BEGUN!!!!!

does this have to do with the internet war against scientology?

i read something about this on one of the chans

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

Re: need help with MAC

I've had a Power Mac G4 for about 4 or so years now with no problems. I use it for minor design work in photoshop and such but mostly use I-tunes and surf the web with it. Its a 1GHZ single processor with 256 GB RAM and a combo drive. 60 GB Hard drive. Still runing the OSX version 10.3.9 that came on the machine when I got it.

Anyways I wanted to ubgrade to the latest OSX so I can use I-life program which requires a later OS than I'm currently running. Got the OSX 10.5 install disk put it in and and install icon pops up double click it, and then it restarsts the computer like its supposed to as stated in the install guide. Once the comp re-starts it goes to the white apple screen, with loading icon, then a blank blue screen and then a grey screen with the "spinning beachball" cursor and stays like this unless I power down the computer. I can hear the CD/DVD drive spinning but it just does this indefinately and Would not eject disk untill powered down. Computer still works fine but I cant upgrade the OS. I would'nt mind just sticking with my original OS, but I need the upgrade to run newer apps. Anyways, I cant figure it out. Maybe I'm missing something in the requirements for this to work on my machine. I'm pretty sure my drive is fine as it reads CD's and DVD's just fine. Maybe its because My comp doesent meet the minimum required amount of RAM? (512) I was thinking it swould still work but be slow untill I was able to install more RAM.

Thoughts?

Hey, I know the answer to this one!

All right. It's not entirely good news.

First off, the Leopard install disc is a dual layer DVD, so you need a DL reader. From the specs/age of the machine that you described, it's not likely you have a DL reader, unless you installed one. It's probably reading the lead-in track just fine, but when it gets to the main body of data it chokes.

Second, I think that you need a minimum of 1 GB of RAM and a 1.8 GhZ processor to run Leopard.

Third, even if you DID get it to run, it would be a dog compared to 10.3.9 on that machine.

I won't ask where you got the Leopard install DVD from, but if you bought it at an Apple store, go get your money back and tell them that the guy who sold it to you said that it would work on your machine. Otherwise, hang on to it and invest in a used Mac Pro. Look into some of the older Intel Mac Pro towers (circa 2005-2006). They're pretty cheap, and they're still great machines. Plus, they'll run 10.5.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news, but those are the facts.

Casek or Seffiks

My work computer completely just shut down java or script. I cant add pictures to posts and i cant see youtube videos. Im running firefox and checked the tools and options part java is clicked as enabled. I downloaded newest version of java and flash player same shit. Went to IE7 same shit.

Ideas i gots none.......

T;6026100']Casek or Seffiks

My work computer completely just shut down java or script. I cant add pictures to posts and i cant see youtube videos. Im running firefox and checked the tools and options part java is clicked as enabled. I downloaded newest version of java and flash player same shit. Went to IE7 same shit.

Ideas i gots none.......

soemthign is blocking, either firewall \, router, or an addon.

add block, noscript?

turn them on/off in tools/add ons

i have a couple of issues too:

1. when i try to connect to my modem (plugging in the cable) or router (wirelessly) i always get a "limited or no connectivity" message. The only way i get a good connection is to plug in the cable and restart the computer.

2. I think my isp may be throttling my torrent traffic. Im trying to dl something with 3600 seeders and 2500 leechers but can ony connect to maybe 1 or 2 leechers. and when it finally finishes, i cant keep uploading, it just stops.

Any thoughts?

i have a couple of issues too:

1. when i try to connect to my modem (plugging in the cable) or router (wirelessly) i always get a "limited or no connectivity" message. The only way i get a good connection is to plug in the cable and restart the computer.

2. I think my isp may be throttling my torrent traffic. Im trying to dl something with 3600 seeders and 2500 leechers but can ony connect to maybe 1 or 2 leechers. and when it finally finishes, i cant keep uploading, it just stops.

Any thoughts?

what type of router?

in your router, pertaining to torrent traffic, you have to open your ports for the torrent program.

i should have been more clear, but its not the router thats the issue. even when i plug in straight from the modem to the computer, i'll get the 'limited connectivity' thing.

and the torrent traffic is the same deal. happens when im modemed up, no router.

wild..

ok, start menu, cmd,

type "ipconfig /flush"

hit enter

type "ipconfig /release"

enter

type "ipconfig /renew"

enter

wait, exit it, try your internets.

let me know what happens.

xp.

i ran through what you said and i got this:

Windows IP Configuration
An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection:
unable to contact your DCHP server. Request has timed out.

so obviously i couldnt reconnect and i got the "limited or no connectivity" thing again and i had to restart to get back online

xp.

i ran through what you said and i got this:

Windows IP Configuration
An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection:
unable to contact your DCHP server. Request has timed out.

so obviously i couldnt reconnect and i got the "limited or no connectivity" thing again and i had to restart to get back online

dude, you ahve some serious 'puter issues.

wait for a pm form me. it will only take a sec.

Is there any way to find out what kind of GRAPHICS CARD is inside my Desktop without contacting those assholes at dell or opening my machine up...

i need to know the exact model so i can download the correct driver....lately, every time i switch accounts on that machine (xp) the screen resolution gets totally fucked and any attempt to change it back results in a blue screen that says "physical memory dump" with the fan going crazy loud. Then i usually just unplug the cpu, wait, and power it on. its annoying.

okay im getting these pop ups from oin/outerinfo

think it might have came on some software i dloaded.

uninstalled the programs i think might be causing it.

now im trying to delete the actual files on my comp.

but one of them says i do not have permission to perform this action.

i am the administrator.

what gives?

vista

i need a usbehci.sys driver ... uh anybody know were i can get one without actually looking online...

The all elusive usbehci.sys file. Download to temp file, run add hardware, when system asks for location of file, browse to temp file. enjoy.

http://members.driverguide.com/director/dispatch_getfile.php?did=123003&time=1201145430&auth=638e9c08722214dbd747264f4a5656d5