I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: I wanna see your...........PETS!

Is there any way to get rid of the ferret smell? I've always wanted one, but the smell was enough to keep me away.

He doesn't live in a cage, gets baths pretty often, and has his own body spray type shit

He himself definitely has a musky scent, but he doesn't stink the place up

Thanks.

My original dog is a female and he is a male - not sure if there is anything to that.

My original (the big one) is pretty weird, she doesn't get along with all dogs all the time.

Other times she does well. She is starting to play with him, tug of war etc..but she gets out of control if he starts to win. I have seen her growl at him a few times if he tries to take a toy. If he does get one, she takes it away. I try to break this up everytime it happens.

They are getting better everyday, only had the pug 3 days so far.

that's bound to happen when you introduce a new dog to the pack. She is just trying to let him know that the toy is hers, not his. The best thing to do, is that whenever she gets too rough, or starts to act aggressive with the little guy over a toy or something, you take it away from both of them. They are your toys, not hers is the way you need to look at it. It should be a privalege, not a right to play with your stuff. If you do that, then she won't get so mad when he takes them, cause she will start to realize that they aren't hers. Also, she will start to see that if she tries to act like an A-hole, she can't play either.

I tell people to think of it like this: If you were to send a couple of 6 year old boys out to play in the backyard all day, sooner or later one of them is coming back crying. But if you make them come inside, eat a sandwich and relax for a few, chances are they will make it through the day alright.

I not witty...what kind of dog is the brown one on the left?

I always liked those dogs but never bothered to ask what

they are.

shes a boxer mix of some kind. someone found her on the side of the road a few weeks old, she had a belly full of worms and was all scratched up. when we took her she was so little and i thought she was a full blooded boxer puppy, but now that shes grown up and shes still so tiny she must be mixed with something.

that's bound to happen when you introduce a new dog to the pack. She is just trying to let him know that the toy is hers, not his. The best thing to do, is that whenever she gets too rough, or starts to act aggressive with the little guy over a toy or something, you take it away from both of them. They are your toys, not hers is the way you need to look at it. It should be a privalege, not a right to play with your stuff. If you do that, then she won't get so mad when he takes them, cause she will start to realize that they aren't hers. Also, she will start to see that if she tries to act like an A-hole, she can't play either.

I tell people to think of it like this: If you were to send a couple of 6 year old boys out to play in the backyard all day, sooner or later one of them is coming back crying. But if you make them come inside, eat a sandwich and relax for a few, chances are they will make it through the day alright.

thats some good advice. i haven't been consistent on that but i will start to do it that way.

any advice on barking at cars? he is from the country apparently and barks at every moving car. l live on a busy street so he needs to get used to it. i try to correct him with a yank of the leash whenever i can tell he is about to get tense about a bus or whtever. i think i'm doing the right thing, but its going to take some time.

Swamp I see you in a totally new light now that

I know you have a ferret.

They're really cute though. I'd get one one day.

But I think they are illegal here in CA.

What kind of light did you see me in before? Lol

They're regulated here in RI and I never registered him, so technically he's illegal too. He's actually a favorite of police officers though, no joke. The night I got taken to jail there was like 10 cops in my house, and they were all amazed by the ferret. Since I got out I've gotten let go on 2 speeding tickets because they remembered me and wanted to talk about the ferret instead of me speeding haha

As far as barking at cars, you have to make sure that along with giving a leash pop, you give him a reward for not barking at them. Try teaching him a quiet command. This way you can tell him to do something when he gets pissed. If all you're gonna do is use the leash, he's not really gonna understand what it's for. If his sit command is real good try that too. A lot of dogs will quiet down once they sit. So try that, when ever a car comes by start telling him to sit. just make sure you actually make him sit. Don't let him just go beserker and ignore your commands, that's a whole nother can of worms. Use the leash pop, and when he looks back at you, start showing him a high value reward( a treat he thinks is the shit) then tell him to sit, and once he's sitting and focused on you, give it to him. At that point you can also tell him good quiet. It's gonna take all sorts of repetition like anything else with training. Just make sure you're consistent.

PM me for more detail ha ha

• Like 1

What kind of light did you see me in before? Lol

They're regulated here in RI and I never registered him, so technically he's illegal too. He's actually a favorite of police officers though, no joke. The night I got taken to jail there was like 10 cops in my house, and they were all amazed by the ferret. Since I got out I've gotten let go on 2 speeding tickets because they remembered me and wanted to talk about the ferret instead of me speeding haha

haha thats ill.

one of my buddies had a ferret growing up, dude also had 2 squirrels, but they always let the ferret run about and one day his sister was moving her room around or some shit and ended up pinning the ferret between the bed post and the wall and they didn't notice for like 2 weeks that it was gone, nevermind dead, smelled fuckin miserable.

As far as barking at cars, you have to make sure that along with giving a leash pop, you give him a reward for not barking at them. Try teaching him a quiet command. This way you can tell him to do something when he gets pissed. If all you're gonna do is use the leash, he's not really gonna understand what it's for. If his sit command is real good try that too. A lot of dogs will quiet down once they sit. So try that, when ever a car comes by start telling him to sit. just make sure you actually make him sit. Don't let him just go beserker and ignore your commands, that's a whole nother can of worms. Use the leash pop, and when he looks back at you, start showing him a high value reward( a treat he thinks is the shit) then tell him to sit, and once he's sitting and focused on you, give it to him. At that point you can also tell him good quiet. It's gonna take all sorts of repetition like anything else with training. Just make sure you're consistent.

PM me for more detail ha ha

thanks, i'm going to try that. i have a really hard time getting him to even look at me when were walking. he is real stubborn. i don't think anyone ever tought him anything. i've only had him 3 days, so i have patience still lol. he also barks at people walk down the street, bikes, etc. he definitely never walked before. i will try the treat thing. i live on a busy street, so before i get to a side street i have two blocks of busy streets. i cross a major intersection first, if he makes it past that i'll stop at the other end and give him a treat. should i make him sit or just give it to him for calmly crossing? sometimes i can tell the traffic/people bug him out, but he doesn't bark, just looks tense. thanks again for the advice, this is gold.

No problem. I should start a training advice thread, but I think this is turning out to be just that. HA ha. You can also try teaching your man a "look", or "watch" command. This will help to get his focus off the cars, bikes etc.. You can do this by holding a treat between your eyes (make sure he sees the treat) and telling him watch or look. When he looks at the treat, say good watch, and give it to him. Do this for a little while, then start telling him watch before you hold the treat up. If he looks away, use the treat to lure his eyes back to yours, then reward him. With repetition, he will learn to look at your eyes on command, which is good for ignoring other shit that stresses him out.

Fow walking, don't make him sit unless you want to reward sitting. If he did good crossing the street, and then you make him sit, and THEN he gets the reward, he thinks it's for sitting. Not crossing calmly. You can always tell him good boy as you're walking if he's doing something good. But make sure that you reward him immediately for what you want to reinforce, which is crossing calmly, or ignoring cars. So just give him a treat whenever he does one of these things. If he hasn't been around a lot of cars, or bikes, or anything like that, you just have to make sure you get him a lot of exposure to these things, and then reward his good behavior, and ignore the bad.

Best way to do this, is not by saying no, but by telling him what you want him to be doing instead, like sitting, or watching instead of barking.

sweet, i have a whole new focus now.

i'm itching to know how they did alone in the house today.

i'll find out in about an hour.

thank you for the advice. i think it will take me a bit to learn it - then they can.

he is so little/short i can't always tell how calm he really is.

i'm going to try your methods for sure, mine were kind of all over the plance.

hes a smart dog, i can tell he can learn - but he is stubborn which i think is a pug thing.

i finally adopted a pug, took months to find one. here he is.

pug2.jpg

here is the two-some. the big one is not thrilled about the new edition, but i figure she will get used to it.

pug1.jpg

OMFG!!! congrats on the new addition im thrilled for you and your family.