I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my dog has gotten thinner over the past couple months cuz he doesnt really like dog food so he dont eat much. so i would mix cottage cheese, chicken, canned food and ground beef but eventually he got sick off all that.. so i made him last night some thing my grand pa would make his dogs in mexico. it was a mixture of white rice and chicken.. its not thick its like a stew.. he would put 2 garlic pieces some onion and half a tomato. and his dogs have been eating that for years, i added some carats for some veggys. he loved it and i hope he sticks with his and i make a big pot so it lasts me all week so far so good..

m_528c9e9b0467ec411986ada367e28e5a.jpg.86506fc28d552ce066596fa3826e8a0d.jpg

I had a dog that was really picky once, didn't like anything but canned food. Everyone in the apartment babied him, but I got sick of it because I found canned food gross (the smell, the texture, plus he would only eat half of whatever we put out and waste it), so I decided he was gonna eat regular dog food and that was it. He spent 2 or 3 days ignoring the food completely, but when he realized he wasn't getting anything else he came around

If you don't mind cooking special shit for him though, that's cool. My grandpa had a German Shepard growing up that ate better than anyone I knew, different meals every night haha

my co-worker spends one day a week preparing her dog's food for the week...just like you said..chicken, rice, carrots....etc. (organic, btw)...like he said...^ the dogs eat better than some people. As long as hes not getting sick, im sure its fine..hope it works well for now though, what you gonna do when he gets tired of that?..haha

but for reals, when a dog is hungry enough, they will eat. good luck

Re: I wanna see your...........PETS!

i came back to post a picture of one of my dogs i had to give up..( ^before i read that post)

not because of having a kid though...

i get updates on the Dachshund, with pictures occasionally, Buzi....with no shame. the space heater is her favorite thing

Buzi20in20_not20shy_.jpg

yea heard about the garlic and onion after i made it but i know for next time. also im hoping he doesnt get tired of this.. and my dog would refuse to eat when he wouldnt like some thing he would go like 2 or 3 days with out eating the food. then he would go outside and eat grass and throw up inside my house.. hate that shit!!

i'm no vet but dogs not being hungry seems odd.

if you haven't already, get some xrays.

he may have something going on inside that is making him not want to eat.

bloat, bone, foreign object, could cause him blockage.

i know my dog purposly eats random plants when his stomach doesnt feel good.

Does anyone have or has anyone had a dog with joint/hip problems?

My dog is in so much pain she can't really even walk, but it's hard to tell if its her hips or her other legs. We went to the vet just about a week ago, and since she got pain meds, things have been okay for a bit until now. Randomly her pain just increases and gets worse. We also use a blowdry to help with her arthritis.

I really don't want to have to put her down over this, so any tips would be really helpful.

my dog has gotten thinner over the past couple months cuz he doesnt really like dog food so he dont eat much. so i would mix cottage cheese, chicken, canned food and ground beef but eventually he got sick off all that.. so i made him last night some thing my grand pa would make his dogs in mexico. it was a mixture of white rice and chicken.. its not thick its like a stew.. he would put 2 garlic pieces some onion and half a tomato. and his dogs have been eating that for years, i added some carats for some veggys. he loved it and i hope he sticks with his and i make a big pot so it lasts me all week so far so good..

dude, onions are bad for a dog's kidneys. garlic too.

along with chocolate, raisins, grapes, onions and garlic have toxicity for dogs.

please, do not feed your dog those particular ingredients.

i make my dog's food.. or i get my man to do it

but we put all the ingredients in a crock pot, and it cooks all day

then it's pureed with a hand blender.

i would not spend all fucking day on that shit.

She's a west highland terrier and a bishon. I know one of them is prone to hip/leg issues but I don't think it's really supposed to be THIS painful to ap oint where she yelps everytime its lightly touched or when she tries to walk. The vet said part of it was just arthritis and it would kind of clear up with some kind of medicine.

wordup

*to melinoe..

really? i have heard of dogs having arthritis but i didn't know it was that painful for them.

maybe get a second opinion? do you know anyone who can recommend a vet?

i hate to say it, but there might be something a veterinary orthopedist might be able to do with her in therapy. might be big bucks though.

i haven't ever heard of any holistic remedy for that sorta shit.

Yeah I'm trying to think of some ways or get tips. We already went broke after taking her to the vet and taking her back is kind out of the question since well...we're broke haha. So I'm gonna call around and see if I can get a hookup or SOMETHING. I hate seeing her like this.

i know with my dog's breed I have to look out for hip dysplasia

i believe the hip socket grows improperly so that the bone looses proper contact with the hip

look into things like glucosamine, shell fish tablets etc that they have at the pet store

but for the moment i believe if the dog already has it you might have to have surgery to fix it.

in terms of arthritis i don't know that much about that or smaller dogs.

symbols just curious why you use molasses.

i too put karo corn syrup for sugar content because my dog used to get diabetic seizures

but has stopped since i addes the syrup. i may switch to molasses if you know anything about it vs the corn syrup.

i am making some food this week i'll take picutures and post

well, the molasses isn't as refined as white sugar or corn syrup

and supposedly, the molasses has a lot of minerals in it, so it hasd some nutritional content.

one of our dogs occasionally likes ot eat dirt and we heard she may have needed minerals, she doesn't eat dirt much anymore, i know that.

ok, so i checked the content, the molasses i use has potassium, calcium, B6, magnesium and copper in it.

so the pups get the flavor, the sweetness, and nutrition :)

• Like 1

meet fleetwood.

hes a 3 month old mini potbelly pig.

hes smart as fuck, and full of energy.

he figured out recently how to open my hairless rat's cage and let them out.

i suspect a love affair with one of the rats, named pajamas.

they cuddle up next to the heater and make out every time he lets her out.

He loves Common, and Tribe...and any time i put them on, he grabs his rope toy...runs through the house wagging his tail / squealing.

He also loves weed, and grapes.

probably the most cuddly, loyal, sweet pet i've ever had.

Picture714.jpg

• Like 4

quite the ham there.^^^

i was going through my phone's old pictures....

Buzi (top)

Ed Earl (middle)

Sassafrass (bottom)

l_4a18018e0af149c5b9393d87bd31fb71.jpg

2- 60 lb bassets trying to squeeeze through the door for a shih tzu

l_013969de7f684e78a8f64bab950c66ba.jpg

Like having a child..when the house gets quiet..you know they are up to no good-

Ed Earl helping himself.

l_98ca1bb124994018ae98b8d226dabcfd.jpg

Ed Earl would post up on the back of the couch..looking through the window..

l_d4e4f2d7f92d4a9e9e7da2716f678386.jpg

Ed Earl , again....he had a lot of personality

l_1484d8cef8c54f0285b2de5b0af26b2a.jpg

jus missin my dogs today :crying:

• Like 1