Throwin Away tons of perfect dudes.

skirmfirm

Originally posted by DETO@Jan 9 2006, 01:27 AM

seriously, they could just give that food to a homeless shelter or someshit.

In my city that's what they do. There's this company called Phillabundance that picks that shit up, stores it in a refridgerated warehouse, and delivers it to homeless shelters, churches and community centers. That's pretty much the only thing in my city that makes any sense.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by isor357@Jan 8 2006, 10:06 PM

Whole Foods throws away so much produce. I would throw away perfect fruit maybe with a small bruise or no bruise. Whole banana boxes of perfect bananas. Not yet ripe avacados. everything. Day old produce gets thrown out to make room for new stuff. All the bread is tossed daily. Prepared foods are thrown out 3 days before the sell by date. As previously stated most food is supposed to be good to eat for 3 days after the sell by. Honestly i wont eat any meat that has sat around my fridge for more than 2 days. I deffinitly wouldnt fuck with dumpster meat or eggs. I wouldnt hesitate to dive a whole foods dumpster if necessary.

Whole Foods has high standards. People who shop there often pay double what you would pay at other markets. They can not keep inferior anything around. You could easily pull $150 worth of really good food in no time. Shit that you would have no problem eating. I used to have the opportunity to purchase the garbage for 25 cent a pound. I would spend 5$ a day for 70$ worth of groceries. Plus you can grip organic shit if you dig around

i feel you on the whole foods tip...when i used to travel/hitch i would always ask the first local i saw where the nearest whole foods was...not only great dumpsters but they were super easy to rack from as well...

and home depot gives away free spray paint when they restock every few months,all you have to do is ask for it and not look suspicious, yea yea eevrythings free if you show up at the right time...(real Talk )

its easy to get free buckets of paint from home depot too if you ask them in a way that you sound like you know what your talking about, thats how i usually get paint to do giant rollers.

my mate works in a bakery also and gets fat bags of munch at the end of everyshift for like a quid, and brings them bags down the skatepark and has an instant crowd.

Its also fun watching the seagulls swallow a baguet whole, and the have some massive bulge in its neck and try to take off.

Originally posted by skirmfirm@Jan 9 2006, 01:28 PM

my mate works in a bakery also and gets fat bags of munch at the end of everyshift for like a quid, and brings them bags down the skatepark and has an instant crowd.

Its also fun watching the seagulls swallow a baguet whole, and the have some massive bulge in its neck and try to take off.

what the hell is a bag of munch? and im assuming quid is like currency or slang for money or something.

Originally posted by fuse=--action@Jan 9 2006, 12:21 PM

I have an inexplicable aversion to trash juice.

I absolutely hate it. Can't stand it. Hate it when it gets on me. Hate to look at it. Hate to smell it.

Can't do it.

-fuse.

who doesnt?

that shit is foul

ugh

grime

:yuck:

skirmfirm everything i read of yours makes me think your a chief just that little bit more.

Look at our 'ghetto' lives we eat out of the bin. Twat.

Go back to your little skatepark that your local beat copper made for you. Fuckin rich little gimp. Do all your mates wear green day hoodies?

:clown2: :clown2: :clown2:

THis reminds me of this website: Fallen Fruit

These guys mapped out cetain neighborhoods in L.A. where fruit trees grow over public property, making the fruit public property. They tell you where to go and when to go to get certain fruits. They are working on mapping other neighborhoods around here with the help of others submissions.

They also plan to expand to NYC with a project called BuddyBag, and map out different types of food resources there. Such as bakeries and grocery stores.

I work in the kitchen of a nursing home and I couldn't event tell you the amount of food we just toss away every night.

However, if people just started giving the food away, and unfortunatly someone were to get sick, they would of course sue. Leaving the buisness dead in the water, for trying to do something good.

HAHAHHA yer we do pritty much the same shit. When me and a couple of friends come home in the early hours in the morning we stop by this bakery which is next to a supermarket and there are always open trucks loading stuff into the super market. We take like trays of doughnuts and bread. And the bakery a couple of stores down are making pasteries in the back and we go in and take a tray of brownies and drinks from the fridge.

I wouldnt even think of doing shit like that when sober, when your drunk you dont really care if you get caught so its not a problem

Originally posted by DISTRACT@Jan 9 2006, 10:22 PM

HAHAHHA yer we do pritty much the same shit. When me and a couple of friends come home in the early hours in the morning we stop by this bakery which is next to a supermarket and there are always open trucks loading stuff into the super market. We take like trays of doughnuts and bread. And the bakery a couple of stores down are making pasteries in the back and we go in and take a tray of brownies and drinks from the fridge.

I wouldnt even think of doing shit like that when sober, when your drunk you dont really care if you get caught so its not a problem

that sounds orgasmic. can't wait to try this in the summer.

fuckyes. booze, pastry, free drinks from fridges.

FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dobsilla+Jan 9 2006, 12:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dobsilla - Jan 9 2006, 12:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-skirmfirm@Jan 9 2006, 01:28 PM

what the hell is a bag of munch? and im assuming quid is like currency or slang for money or something.

[/b]

MUNCH = food

QUID = ONE ENGLISH POUND