basically, HELP ME

MrJackDaniels

Originally posted by MrJackDaniels@Oct 1 2005, 01:45 AM

right guys and gals, i need help majorly. this may well be a long story but it all needs to be told and i need ADVICE.

the background info:

i live in a house with 7 others. there are 4 boys and 4 girls. one of the girls, lets call her jane, has developed what we think could be schizophrenia recently.

jane, as i know her, has always been a hectic person. hectic in terms of being busy (and thus stressing out).

this summer, the house has only been half full - 3 guys (me inc.) and her. its been a pretty chilled out summer - we spent a lot of it smoking weed and watching tv.

a couple of weeks ago, jane went on holiday with her mates from back home. and after she got back (ie. 2 days later) it was her birthday (she went raving and took over 2g's of coke.) now please bear in mind that she has a history of being a bit fucked up and turning to drugs. her parents slipt when she was a teen and she turned to drugs as a way to sort it. this could be part of the problem.

whats happened recently:

she went home for a day or two and then the next thing we know as a house (again, bear in mind we all love her to bits) she comes running in shouting at me to close the window because "we are being spied on by The Sun ( a tabloid news paper here in the UK). she thought she was being watched on the train and being photo'ed. i really dont want to go into that big a detail because i dont understand it. but all the classic signs of schizophrenia are there. she's been talking about how the government is sending her texts saying the world is going to be bombed etc.

she has spent the last 2 days wigging out. im shook, along with the rest of the house. i havent a fucking scooby do about how to deal with a peson out of their mind. she has freely admitted that there are voices in her head telling her to "sort her life out".

i came home from work tonight to find her mumbling something about the numbers being wrong.

she's been to a doctors today (im leaving out the details of her going AWOL and randomly turning up in certain places after following her "guardian angel" (some random one night stand a next housemate had). we've been given phone numbers of people who will come get her if she skats out. thats scary enough as it is.

(as i type)

its half 2 in the morning and she has come down stairs screwing about some random trip to australia for 3 days with a "james"....

what the fucking fuck???

basically what i need to know off you lot is what the flying fuck can we do as her mates?

im scared as fuck.

help, please.

(im gonna email kabar a link to this as he seems to know his stuff)

I'm not at home, or else I'd take a peek in my DSM-IV TR and jot some notes on Schizophrenia (paranoid from what it sounds like) and/or schizotypal personality disorder. How old is your friend? It's generally considered to be an affliction of the 20 to 40 year olds. It sucks to see anyone go through this. Where are you located? In the U.S. if you believe her to be in danger to herself you can report a 5150, and she can be held against her will for up to 72 hours and receive a behavioral/mental health evaluation. Does she have a family history of schizophrenia? As far as I know, no one on here has their Doctrate in Psych. or a related field, so none of us are really qualified to make any sort of diagnosis or suggestions of that sort. Call your local county/district behavioral health. Let me know any other info or questions and I'll try to help. Cheers.

-fugazi

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ARCEL@Oct 1 2005, 02:09 AM

make up stories that corroborate her delusions. two men in black coats were asking for her, there's been a suspicious van parked outside, etc. it may not sound like traditional medical advide or rational, but you have to think outside the box to make a great dscovery.

I really hope you're joking. I've seen some professional psychotherapists use techniques similar to this effectively, but why the hell would you suggest something like this to the lay-person who has not the foggiest idea of how therapy works? It's like asking your kid brother to make you a cast out of his Play-Doh when you break your arm. This is a life we're dealing with, not an experiment where we can afford to try and "make a great dscovery". What if she killed herself because of the increased paranoia? Good grief...

Originally posted by MrJackDaniels@Oct 1 2005, 02:39 AM

her parents know.

they came down today to try and help.

its just so scary to see some one wigging out about really really wierd things (we've found a few common themes, mainly making money and also Indians being knowledgeable).

im scared.

the doctor said that we should try and relate what she says in her random modes back to something normal, but this seems to be impossible.

and, alow the stupid comments. this is serious.

i remeber reading a story in the paper about how cannabis can bring out mental problems. it happens to one in ten people i think...i just never thought id be this close to it...

(im not worried about my smoking habits though....)

Couple things; what kind of doctor is she seeing? M.D., Ph.D., Psy. D.,??? I hope she's seeing someone working as a Psychologist or Psychiatrist, rather than just an M.D. I've never read an legitimate article with a causational link between cannabis and mental illness. I'm sure it's correlational; marijuana does not function in the capacity that it could bring about mental illness, more likely it is the person's genes.

Originally posted by Fugazi@Oct 1 2005, 12:53 AM

I really hope you're joking. I've seen some professional psychotherapists use techniques similar to this effectively, but why the hell would you suggest something like this to the lay-person who has not the foggiest idea of how therapy works? It's like asking your kid brother to make you a cast out of his Play-Doh when you break your arm. This is a life we're dealing with, not an experiment where we can afford to try and "make a great dscovery". What if she killed herself because of the increased paranoia? Good grief...

Honestly, you've been here long enough that you should be able to spot the typical 12 oz asshole sarcastic response when you see it, shouldn't you?

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Oct 1 2005, 07:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Oct 1 2005, 07:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Fugazi@Oct 1 2005, 12:53 AM

I really hope you're joking.  I've seen some professional psychotherapists use techniques similar to this effectively, but why the hell would you suggest something like this to the lay-person who has not the foggiest idea of how therapy works?  It's like asking your kid brother to make you a cast out of his Play-Doh when you break your arm.  This is a life we're dealing with, not an experiment where we can afford to try and "make a great dscovery".  What if she killed herself because of the increased paranoia?  Good grief...

Honestly, you've been here long enough that you should be able to spot the typical 12 oz asshole sarcastic response when you see it, shouldn't you?

[/b]

I don't think that's what it was... my "I'm going to make a profound comment that I just pulled out of my ass" radar was beeping off the hook... the sarcasm detector was only pinging mildly...

My sarcasm detector went off pretty strongly. It was still uncalled for though, I mean this thread is serious. I'm an asshole, I'll call god a douchebag if I feel like it but I try to help people if they're genuinely worried about something important like this man.

this really doesn't need to be a pissing match between jail house lawyers (or psychologists in this case) and sarcastic assholes. i knew that dude's horrible advice was a joke, and while i dont find it very funny, it was pretty obvious that thats what it was. im far more concerned with people who give otherwise intelligent and caring advice, but then stray with the particulars.

you dont need a textbook to know that the girl needs a dr. and she needs people to look out for her and keep her from hurting herself (even if that's not what she's intending to do). you can't fix her, so all you can do is look out for her. best of luck.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Oct 1 2005, 05:47 AM

I gotta say, LENS, what you're saying is some ignorant, selfish shit.

not ignorant....just thinking sensibly....

I've gone out of my way too many times to try and "help" people in situations like this and gotten badly embroiled in their affairs....always to the point where I ended getting fucked.

Selfish? Selfish would be having had this happen once and then never going out of your way to assist someone again on account of getting screwed over.

Getting fucked over 2-3 times and then deciding not to get involved with people that have problems like this? That is called thinking rationally.

Sorry

^ I'm on that stuff, it helps.

Lens, from what it sounds like, you've had a couple of bitchy ex-girlfriends who play the manipulation game. That is miles away from what JD is talking about. The girl is seriously ill and is going manic. When she crashes, she's going to crash hard. It's one thing to beg for help from an ex-boyfriend, it's another to talk complete nonsense and lose your mind.

i got tired of reading the responses, cuz OZer's like to bitch, but i'll say this:

2 grams of blow in a weekend is not gonna flip someone's lid...

niether is smoking more if someone is already a fan of the herb...

sounds to me like girl has had at least a bit of history with this, yes? if so then anything, or nothing, can set shit off...

if she actually seems to be a danger to herself then get her into a lock up (72 hour mandatory in the states, dunno what the limeys got)

been in the 72 myself twice, and for the first several hours you're either pissed as hell, or scared shitless, but after that it's a damn good thing...

if she's already seeing a doctor about it then that's awesome... if she can acknowledge that something ain't right then that's the best that'll happen... tough it out... it's a bitch seeing friends going through shit you don't understand, but thaty's the way it goes...

be supportive and be a friend...

another note- if she has any "habits" making her stop can be real fucking bad... detox can make head problems waaaaay worse...

Originally posted by bathoræ@Sep 30 2005, 11:53 PM

OK.

I doubt that your friend is actually schizophrenic.

Large amounts of amphetamines are known to produce schizo-like symptoms. There is a condition called "cocaine induced psychotic disorder" that she may have.

There are some scholarly references out there, here is a google search...

If you are serious about getting her some help, you should tell her doctor, or at least her parents about the coke.

Ding. Right after I graduated highschool an ex-friend of mine went through this after being awake for 4+ days and strung the fuck out on coke/meth cocktails.

Long story short, dude was on his way home from a 'camping trip' with a bunch of friends and somehow got it into his head that the driver was someone from his past that he had beef with. This then progressed into him thinking that he was being kidnapped.

Timmy says "Pull the car the fuck over before I kill you motherfuckers for trying to trick me!".

They pull the car over.

At 6 am Timmy gets out onto the freeway.

It was around 7 when he made it back to his parent's place where he would wake his dad to tell him that 'someone' was "tapping the phones" and putting "crystal meth in the milk".

By 9 his dad had taken him to the mental ward where he would bug out calling people for 3 days trying to convince them of his delusions. He called people he hadn't talked to in years trying to get ANYONE to believe him, that is, until one of my friends called the hospital and got the phone taken away.

It didn't completely subside until a couple days later but he eventually came back to reality.

The best part is that his dad actually went as far as to get the milk tested. Needless to say, there wasn't any meth in the milk.

He's pretty normal these days. He was always an arrogant little prick... if anything it made him a tad more humble.

Sounds like your friend has had some sort of psychotic break from reality. Sadly, we're not the people you should be talking to, mang. Get her some help and hopefully it won't do any lasting damage outside of a little embarassment.

Some skitzo became tranfixed with my house for about 6 months. He beleived their was some girl living here who didn't exist. He delivered a boquet to her with a note - "Sorry Cynthia" - even though we repeated confirmed no such person existed. He also left groceries on our door step for her a few times

jackdaniels, prevent her from ever taking any more drugs

Im not going to get into great detail with this... Im not the best at articulating my thoughts... but this is a summary of me loosing my cake.

i fliped my lid four years ago after eating some REALLY bad shit. I ended up in hell, and was stuck there for eternity. Satan shit on my bedroom floor, and EVERYONE in the world was a manifestation of the devil... and I was all alone.

I eventually came down (or got used to it) but for the following few years, I struggled to keep a grasp on reality. One night, out of fucking no-where, I was CONVINCED that "they" were coming up my front stairs to get me.. (I could rationally believed that I "felt" this at the time). i was stricken with panic and ran out my back door... as i was going down the stairs, straight panicked, I realized I was being a complete NUT-JOB (no homo). That was an honest to goodness Panic Attack.. and they suck.

I now know that I have acute paranoia. I have a strong mind, so I can mostly keep a lid on things. Every once and a while, I sometimes get weird (as I call it) when I hear about GW pulling some new-world-order shit off.. but I think that comes with the territory (being American and painfully aware of upper level corruption).

I dont smoke any more.. that helps to bring it on. I talked with a doctor/psychologist, and told him I was feeling suicidal and paranoid about shit and he looked at me like I was a joke. He sent me home (from the ER) and advised I go to group counseling with some real nut-cases, and see what paranoia really looks like. Needless to say, the only thing I got out of that visit was about $800 to collections (rat bastards).

I decided that my paranoia had base in reality, but becomes extreme in my mind... I can let things spin in my mind, and go fucking crazy. This happens primarily when I smoke... so I dont.

I dont let "them" get to me, either. The little men of the world will do what their lower-chakras tell them to. They will kill, exploit, corrupt, even fucking eat eachother and other human beings if they think it would gain them more power... thats just the way it is. I accept it, and understand that there truely is no good reason for war and suffering, yet people all over the world cause it.

I know I wouldnt earn a "Mental Health Certificate". I dont think 99% of the population should. What I see in society is complete madness... and this madness caused me to go mad.

**advice** love her. be her friend and be compassionate, and help her help herself. its a dark world in here, and we all need special people to shed light in our darkest hours.

Wow. I don't know, man. All I can do is share some of my experiences on both sides of the matter with you and then tell you what I think. Mostly, I just want to say that I do know how horrible it feels to watch someone slip away like that. It seems like I'm a lightning rod for situations like this, in a way. Sorry about the length, but it all pertains to this topic...honest.

First off, I moved last year into a house where I ended up living with some folks that were a lot younger than me (I was 30 at the time). So, I asked if there was a lot of drug use in the house, since I saw some signs (basically, ravers + messy house= danger) that there might be some shit going on. I was told that everyone smoked pot (fine by me) and that they would do a little blow before going to a club occasionally, but nothing hard-core or on a regular basis. I told them that I drank, a lot to be precise, and did drugs once in a blue moon, but had a grip on it. Fine with them.

What they neglected to tell me is that one of my new roomates was dating a crackhead, and they were in the process of breaking it off. It became official about a week after I moved in, and then the fun commenced. It started with him refusing to leave, and saying he would tell the cops that we were running a meth lab and had guns in every room of the house. Hoooo-kay...We responded by serving him with a restraining order, and cleaned house.

His next move was to start breaking into the apartment, regardless of whether we were there or not. When we were there, he would swing between screaming fits and accusing us of trying to hook up with his ex, stealing from him, getting him fired from his job, turning all of his friends against him, etc....or, be laying on the floor crying and telling us he was going to kill us and then kill himself and that we were evil for what we were doing to him...and on, and on... and, when we weren't there, he would toss his ex-girlfriend's room and would only steal from her, leave weird notes, unplug the clocks, appliances, and the phone, raid the fridge and lock us out of the bathroom. (I still haven't figured that one out). You'd think the cops would have done something by the third time he did this...wrong. They claimed that the only way they could bust him was to catch him in the house in violation of the restraining order, and could only hold him for 72 hours on a 5150 at the most. He couldn't be charged with anything yet, since the restraining order was a 30-day emergency violence abatement order, and he had done nothing but imply thst he meant to do us harm. So, all we had was only a stay-away order from the ex and not the premises, and that although the charges were piling up (26, in the end) we would have the option to file charges at the hearing, and testify in support of the order. Then, we asked them what we could do, and showed the letters to them as proof that it was all bad. They told us that if anything happened to him while on the premises, we were liable even if he had broken in. All we coud do is try to keep him there somehow until the cops showed...usually fifteen minutes after the fact.

Fuck that. One of my roommates who worked at a hardware store brought home a bunch of shit, and we went to work turning our flat into Fort Knox. We started by screwing all the easily accessible windows shut, braced the back door with a pair of 2X6's and U-brackets, and bought two cans of pepper spray for each room of the house. We also changed all the locks, since he had stolen a set of keys, and changed and delisted the phone number as well. I've worked in the Court system for years doing investigations, and got the guy's rap sheet (don't ask) and found out he had a few warrants as well. So, I asked around on the street, and offered twenty bucks to the first person who told me where he was staying, and had an address within the hour. we felt like we were covered.

We weren't. Unfortunately, our landlord wouldn't change the front gate lock, saying that it was too expensive, and that a crazy ex was our problem, not his. Sure enough, we came home one day and found the front door kicked in. He did this to leave us a note saying he came to "get his stuff" and that "he was watching us all the time." Later that night, he used a Krypto to lock our entire building in, and out. That was the last straw. Everyone was pissed now, and crazy or not, he needed to be taught a hard lesson the next time he showed up.

Anyway, the story ends the following night with him ringing our doorbell nonstop for twenty minutes one night. His ex wasn't home, so the three of us decided that if the cops weren't gonna help, we would administer our own law and punishment.

It was too simple, really. We agreed to not do anything unless he tried to rush in...but, if he did, we would drag him out to the street and beat his ass there. (I know some of you are going to say that it's wrong to beat up crazy people...but, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing and why he was doing it, and he was dumb enough to brag about it to the guys we paid to find him. I still don't know if he was crazy...but, I know he was criminally dumb, and was too smoked out to keep his mouth shut.)

He had somehow managed to get inside the gate by the time we opened the door. He tried to barge past my smaller roommate, then pulled a 2X4 on us and swung it at my bigger roommate (who was about my size- 6', and a solid 180 lb.) and missed...it was on now, boy. We both charged and straight-armed this kid who weighed probably 130 pounds soaking wet, and knocked him clear off of the porch, onto his ass into the gutter. He dropped the 2x4 and reached toward his back pocket, so my other roommate grabbed the board and smacked him in the shoulder hard enough to break the 2X4 in half. He didn't go down, though, and was still trying to get at his pocket so all three of us charged him while his arm was behind him. I jumped back, so I would have a clear shot at him if he got up again...the next thing I know, he was on the ground and getting stomped by the other two guys, so I ran inside to get the pepper spray we had bought along with a pair of handcuffs. He was screaming that he was going to kill at least one of us, so I wasn't taking any chances at this point and figured the best move would be to subdue him and lock his ass to a pole till the cops got there, and deal with the consequences later.

By the time I came out, it was all over. He was long gone, and the neighbors were outside, talking with my roommates and saying that they had seen the whole thing, and were willing to back us up when the cops got there...and if the guy ever came back, they'd be ready for him, too. It turned out that he was trying to get his cell phone out of his back pocket and that when he pulled it out, it was smashed in the fight...my guess is that we must have killed his high and wanted to get a rock to take the edge off. When the cops finally arrived, we filed our report and told them exactly what happened. They told us that now that he had commited a violent offense and was possibly armed, that they had to pick him up next time they saw him.

The next day, my roommate came home from work to find dude looking around in the gutter for pieces of his phone. He saw my roommate, and walked up to him and said hi. My roommate started laughing once he saw what was doing on, and told the guy to get the fuck on before he got lumped again. The kid froze up, and went towards his pocket....and, just as he was doing this, two cop cars bookended the street, and the cops hopped out with guns drawn and snatched him up...turned out he had dope and a boxcutter on him.

He posted bail that day (rich kid) and caught the next thing smoking out of town two days before the hearing. Since he didn't show, we won by default, and he can't go back to that house for three years. The last time I was doing background checks at the SFPD, I looked him up in the bail jump/fugitive book, and sure enough, he was into the city to the tune of $25,000 in fines. That's not including the bond he skipped, so it's probably fifty grand in all. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, in my opinion.

This took a lot longer to tell than I expected...I mostly want to say that it sounds like your girl isn't violent (for now, anyway) and that if you don't reinforce her delusions or give her any reason to see you as a threat, there's no reason why you can't be there for her, and a lot of reasons why you should. Mental illness can be for the person experiencing it a very isolating and lonely ordeal, since they realize on some level that their reality is slipping away, and that their relationships and interactions with people are a basic part of that reality. So, by being there, you could see it as giving her a point of reference to normality. You have to decide what your comfort level is, however, and it's not an easy choice to make. In the past, I've dealt with friends and their situations that were a lot less dramatic than the one above, and, sometimes I could be there for them, other times I had to take a break from them till they got help, and a few close friends or loved ones I had to let go of when I felt that it was unhealthy for both of us to maintain the relationship. Do I have regrets? Of course...but, there were times when I had my own shit to go through and I had my hands full taking care of number one, and I would find myself dealing with someone else who wanted my time and/or my pity, and couldn't or wouldn't save themselves. I've actually been going to therapy for years now, and the reason I ended up there is because I had let one of those relationships do a lot of harm to me, and I didn't realize it until after the fact and I could see things objectively. And, I don't regret the insight I've gained one bit.

Also I don't want to speculate on your friend's drug use as being a factor, because everyone is different and a person's tolerance to a drug can change overnight, sometimes. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that you only find out by having it happen to you or seeing it happen to someone else.

Last year, right before my birthday, I was at a Christmas party and there was a bunch of blow going around. Now, I like drugs, I won't lie. That's why I don't do them much these days. I also have a pretty high tolerance to most drugs, and back in the day I could do a lot of blow and not suffer too badly for it.

Either I did too much, or it was pure, or as I said before, maybe my body simply reacted strongly for some reason...I don't know why, but when I got home I seriously thought that I was gonna die, three days before my birthday. It felt like I was having a very slow heart attack, and the only way I think I got throgh it was by sitting in a cold shower for 45 minutes, popping valium, and being incredibly pissed off and stubborn. I was pissed because a friend of mine had died on his birthday a couple months before...he decided to slam some dope when he was really drunk, and didn't think that he should tell anyone about it...he wasn't a junkie, it was something he did once a year on his birthday. So, he copped and went home alone...as it turns out, whatever he shot up was so strong that he didn't even get the needle out of his arm before he kicked off. I miss that kid- he was a good guy, and really smart, too. I guess that he thought that he'd be fine, like all the other times...and that was going through my head as I was going through pure misery. Fortunately, I came out of it okay, and I haven't touched coke since, and have no desire to do so now...I also quit smoking pot a while back since it seemed to add to my anxiety more than allieviate it...plus, it's fucking expensive, so I have more money towards art and things I can actually use nowadays.

The advice about getting all the contraband out of the house before anyone comes over in an official capacity is exactly what I would say.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out and your friend can get the help she obviously needs. Take care.

Yeah, and when she does come around, and get her head right, she'll be happy to have good freinds who stick by her. That will be a big help to her psyche. A lot of people develop mental problems because of their social enviroment. Seems like the best advice so far was to get her professional help and stick by her.

i agree with fermentor..

try contacting her family or someone who can be responsible for making medical decisions for her. if there is no one, try your best to find a doctor or a clinic that will take her.

and definetly try to keep the weed away from her. as much as it seems that would calm someone down, sometimes it has the opposite effet.. it can elevate paranoia and anxeity.

good luck to you. i hope she's okay.

Update:

We've been awake all night long (i finished a 16 hpur day yesterday and have to work 10hours tonight on 3 hours sleep) because she was running up and down the stairs / banging walls / screaming about a "james" being in the house....

only the guys out of the house (along with her) have been here and we simply havent been able to cope. she went awol in the supermarket and one of the guys had to stop her from walking out with 100+ newspapers.

we called her dad to come down and get her. she's just been taken to the hospital. i dont know whats happening there now. its in general agreement she needs sectioning / medication.

on other notes:

-all drugs in the house (only weed) has been hidden in peoples rooms.

- she has just turned 20 to whoever (i think perhaps vinyl junkie) was asking and commenting on the age group most affected.

- i dont know what the doctor she originally saw was, i think a counsellor at uni.

im so tired my brain is a scramble now (it could be worse though, this could be happening to me) so i dont know what else to say.

ps. thanks for all the supportive words. i knew there would be people talking sense here

Yeah, some smart people come through here although I find that it takes a little coaxing to draw them out.

Sorry about your night...at least if she's in the hospital for a few days you'll get some sleep, and she'll get some help. Everybody wins. Good luck.

I'm relieved to hear that she is in the hospital.

Don't forget to visit her, I'm sure she would appreciate some familiar faces and old friends.

The repetition thing sounds like psychosis, though she is showing signs of paranoia and schizophrenia... she is probably in a manic state (you said she was on a coke binge?) and manic depression can have all sorts of illnesses as subcategories, psychosis, paranoia, schizo-typal personality disorder....etc. etc. Manic depression is serious shit. As are all those illnesses.

Hopefully this will all be hashed out by the doctor, she can be cleaned up and come back to her senses. It might be a good idea to keep her away from drugs for a while, if not forever.

Best of luck to you and your friend.

I dunno.. I'm definately an imbalanced motherfucker. Personally, if I go sober for too long I turn into a stressed out dickhead that's weirder than Gallagher with serotonin receptors on blast. I have to get gone every now and then or else I get paranoid I'm becoming a lame with a shitty demeanor.

People always talk about practicing 'moderation' when it comes to getting fucked up, I'd say the same goes for sobriety.

who cares what the cause/your personal synopsis

of whats wrong...

call a mental institution.

visit her in the ward often.

ive had a best friend that wrote/was very schitzophrenic

/thought he was a superhero hang himself.

if you feel she is going to harm herself or others

get her admited. largely she wont have to stay there long.

she wont be able to do hard street drugs there.

all right calm down, i've delt with this shit waaaays too many times before.

its called DETOX

for you blind niggas...

DETOX

Take the bitch to detox for real, she can get all the shit out of her system, and then a fucking professional can figure out her deal, i dont know your city but in any major city or even a city with a fucking hospital there is a detox center.

on a further note, i have been in/through anything and everything that has to do with drugs, not braging but ive done it all to the max, and i can tell you right fucking now that if she did 2 gs and came out alive (girls have lower tolerances)its because shes been doing it a lot and is building that tolerance, soon what everr the fuck shes taking will start working less and she will have to do more, over the past 7 years i've had 11 freinds die from this shit, take her there now.

• 3 years later...

this may seem callous, shifting this thread to be about my friend's situation, but the last post was 4 years ago. i hope things worked out for her. i didnt want to start a thread about this, so i searched "mental health" and this thread seemed as appropriate as it could be

after tonight, im seriously worried about the mental health of a good friend of mine. i will leave names out for obvious reasons. this is a friend ive known & skated with for years, & when he returned home from school this summer, weve been kicking it fairly often

he called me up to go skate, & i met up with him shortly after. he is usually a very kind & relaxed person who needlessly apologizes for little things that wouldnt even cross the minds of most people, but i noticed he was somewhat jittery, paranoid looking, & spaced out. he also doesnt smoke too many cigarrettes a day, but he was chainsmoking.

i asked why he was so stressed out, & he tells me that he hasnt burned all day (which is understandable because most people who burn everyday get irritated very easily when going a whole day without). he wanted to pick up, but he tells me that this mutal friend (i guess somewhat) of ours has called his regular link (who is also friends with the subject of this post) & has specifically told him not to give him anything.

at first, i thought, what the fuck? what business of his is it to do something like that? my friend goes on to tell me that 2 nights ago, he hardly slept because his mind was racing & that he couldnt help but to over-analyze everything, & that yesterday, because he was hanging out with mutual friends (one of them being the guy that called his regual dealer to to not give him any) then burned, he was very spaced out because he was tired from hardly sleeping. he apparently sketched them out & gave them the impression that he was on some hard shit or that he was losing it (of course when he originally told me this part, he said this with an air of "fuck those guys, theyre being paranoid dicks, i was fine, i just havent slept so i guess me being quiet & spaced out like im usually not sketched them out & theyre clearly overreacting")

up to that point, i could tell he wasnt fully his usual self, but i belived him & that the others were overreacting, & agreed that cutting off his best link to trees behind his back was a weak move. he then told me that today (after the sun rises & all), he is going to mtl for a few days on a bmx/skate trip with the mutual friends that cut off his link. he went on to say that the real reason they cut him off tress for a day was because they didnt trust him to not blow all his mtl money, but they dont know that he has more than enough to spare for one night of burning. i believed him further & continued to think, "why the fuck would ____ do some gay shit like this & try to get a chokehold on how he spends his funds?"

after another 20 minutes of skating & me thinking "he isnt his usual self but hell be fine after we pick up", another good friend met up to skate. from there on, we drove around to a couple good local spots in the span of a few hours.

throughout that time, my friend continued to talk about how everyone yesterday thought he was a sketchy crackhead & that they were the ones sketching him out in return, not giving him the confidence to go about being normal & to trust himself. the three of us agreed that whole cutting off his link to trees ____ pulled was way out of line. the other friend we were skating with also noticed & asked how he was feeling periodically. it steadily got worse & he started repeating himself as he chainsmoked about weird things, such as "guys, i get it now, i finally get it" & "i dont like distractions i have to focus". at the last spot we were skating, it got pretty bad to the point where he could hardly hold up a normal conversation while taking short breaks, because he kept shifting his focus to something completely random, always going back to saying "i get it now, i get it & no distractions, gotta focus" (he had a little under 10 of these odd sayings hed rotate & repeat). at times, we also noticed he was muttering random things to himself, & when we asked what he was talking about, he'd just act jittery, shake it off, & continued to babble. this is when we started getting quite worried

after trying many numbers for trees & failing all of them,, we were going through his front door to play modern warfare when a number returned a call & the guy happnened to be close by. maybe ___ & i didnt notice how abnormally much our friend was fiending because we also wanted to burn, but we were all happy & went to pick up

seeing how happy he was that we were able to burn now made us happy in return, & he seemed to be calming down so went back to his place to session. sitting down, grinding it up & saying something along the line of "ya im glad, i was just cranky & stressed out because of those other guys sketching me out & not being able to burn all day" the other friend and i felt confident that he was just stressed out alot more than usual earlier, that the other friends were overreacting, & that things would be fine now that weve done some skating, found some, & were getting ready to session

about a few minutes after the session, we popped modern warfare in & started to play split screen when he immediately started acting very strange again. basically the same he was earlier, but intensified. it was almost impossible to talk to him, he was pretty much losing it, repeating the same cryptic quotes over & over, mumbling alot, & spacing out. the other friend asked if he was ok & if he was hearing voices, which he denied

thats when we realized why our mutual friends that were hanging out with him yesterday tried cut him off trees today, because he was acting like he did today, but in a more subtle way. they were sketched out & worried for him (as we became too). every few minutes he continued to blabber about nonsense, which he would then apologize for right away, before losing it again in a few minutes. the other friend was not very good at call of duty, so i explained how to run/knife using the L3/R3. a few minutes later, the subject of this post jumps up a little, & says did u just call me a gaylord? im thinking "wtf this is not good" & i reply "no, wtf are you talking about. are you sure youre feeling ok?" a little after this, i was explaining how to hold your breath using L2 while sniping to our other friend. again, after a few minutes, he bursts out to ask me, "did you just tell me to hold me breath & that i should stop breathing?"

we were exponentially worried about him at this point. we played another round & headed out for a smoke before leaving, but he was was still losing it in the same way he was earlier, but increasingly intense & paranoid. it was almost impossible to talk to him about anything for more than a few lines without him going back to repeating his odd quotes, jittering, apologizing, & mumbling. right before we left, the two of us got serious for a minute, & asked, "___, were a little worried & you may or may not know why. we want to talk to you if something is wrong, are you sure youre ok?"

he was in a full state of denial, & hurriedly ushered us to leave. we give dabs, tell him to have a good time in mtl, & to stay safe. we are about halfway to his gate when he calls the other friend on his cell phone, only to repeat, "guys i get it now, i get it now"

as i was being driven home, we were obviously talking about what we just witnessed, & why we understood ___ was trying to cut his link to any drugs. we all are very concerned with him especially because he lives alone. during his entire trip to mtl, i know the mutal friends will keep an eye on him, & that if this happens again, they will try to help him in whatever way

i WILL NOT call the hospital & have my friend locked in a room with padded walls, i am going to call an anonymous mental health hotline tomorrow from a pay phone to gather information i dont have about situations such as this. i am worried because i know he feels sketched out about the way others have been treating him (i assume he doesnt know he is acting this way) & if the friends hes in mtl with try to stop him from burning (i dont know how true it is, but ive heard burning can trigger the onset of schizophrenia in rare cases) i know it will be an ugly situation on way or another

the plan for now is for everyone to keep an eye on him, to briefly observe whether the symptoms increase/decrease before whatever final decision is made (maybe an intervention of some sort?) & im going to call some sort of helpline tomorrow (yes its corny, but this is a good friend of mine & im not embarrassed to say i care about his well being)

i realized this is a long read that seems unnecessarily detailed at some points. if this is just a boring "wall of text" to you, dont feel obligated to leave a dick comment, enjoy the many other fine threads we have

i dont ask much of people, especially ones on the internet im probably never going to meet, but if you keep faith in a religion of any kind, please say a little prayer for the well being of my friend. he is a kind soul with his whole life ahead of him that does not deserve this

• Like 1