Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Close to it. Going on legal US drinking age.

i wasn't trying to fuck with you, it's just that when that came out, it was pumped up so big because of his one hit wonder fame. then it dropped in theaters, and was a laughing stock. it's a horrible movie, and fucking hilarious to watch. i mean if the dude wasn't corny enough, he went and made that movie, and that sealed the deal --he's a cheese dick. i was in high school when that piece of shit movie came out, it was a fucking riot to watch crash and burn.

i watched this last night. if you're into photography, or a humane person, it's worth checking out.

born_into_brothels_lrg.jpg

damn....ive been wanting to see this movie for almost 2 years now...

they had a showing of it at my school (the movie/film club put it on)....but i had class when they showed it and couldnt go.

So next week is another DVD release of Bladerunner.

The thing I want to know is how can it be HD??

How do you make a movie HD that was made before HD was around??? I thought that HD movies were shot that way. More than likely I am mad confused, so help sort a mother fucker out.

So next week is another DVD release of Bladerunner.

The thing I want to know is how can it be HD??

How do you make a movie HD that was made before HD was around??? I thought that HD movies were shot that way. More than likely I am mad confused, so help sort a mother fucker out.

i can't wait til this drops on blu-ray. i heard it's gonna be like 4 movies in one.

it will have:

1. all-new never-before-seen "final cut" version (supposedly this was their original intention of how it should've looked, but it never materialized due to budget, politics, etc.)

2. original theatrical version (never was released on dvd or vhs as i understand, so this is sorta "new" too)

3. international version... i never even heard of this one. i think this is the version that was released on VHS in the US, and in movie theaters oversaes, and it is slightly different from the original theatrical version.

4. 1992 director's cut... i already have this on dvd... this is the only version i've ever seen.

i can't really answer the question because i don't have much technical knowledge on the subject, but you can basically upscale anything to "HD". they can remaster the original footage, clean it up, and then get more pixels of the original footage on an HD disc than on a DVD. think of looking at old footage through some dirty glasses... that's standard def. then cleaning the glasses would make it high def. even though the footage is the same, the method you use to view that footage changes and enhances with HD.

granted, movies made in the 50's, 60's 70's, 80's, etc... will not look as good in HD as movies made last year and filmed in an HD format.

i think mammero or somebody would be able to explain it better

i can't wait til this drops on blu-ray. i heard it's gonna be like 4 movies in one.

it will have:

1. all-new never-before-seen "final cut" version (supposedly this was their original intention of how it should've looked, but it never materialized due to budget, politics, etc.)

2. original theatrical version (never was released on dvd or vhs as i understand, so this is sorta "new" too)

3. international version... i never even heard of this one. i think this is the version that was released on VHS in the US, and in movie theaters oversaes, and it is slightly different from the original theatrical version.

4. 1992 director's cut... i already have this on dvd... this is the only version i've ever seen.

i can't really answer the question because i don't have much technical knowledge on the subject, but you can basically upscale anything to "HD". they can remaster the original footage, clean it up, and then get more pixels of the original footage on an HD disc than on a DVD. think of looking at old footage through some dirty glasses... that's standard def. then cleaning the glasses would make it high def. even though the footage is the same, the method you use to view that footage changes and enhances with HD.

granted, movies made in the 50's, 60's 70's, 80's, etc... will not look as good in HD as movies made last year and filmed in an HD format.

i think mammero or somebody would be able to explain it better

I was talking to a friend about this new release and it is something like 9hrs of material. Riddley Scott supposedly still isn't happy with it. Have you seen the special collectors edition?? It comes in a metallic carrying case.

I love the soundtrack for this movie as well and can't follow which is which. Right now I have a bootleg Espers Edition. Good stuff.

i wasn't feeling this movie when i saw it. too avant-garde and weird. i may have to see it again. maybe it's those things that grow on you.

this was in reference to "downtown 81."

THEO --i'm with you 100%. to me it was just a corny ass 80's new york city student project. i haven't seen in in about six years, but i wasn't all that impressed. people just hype it because of basquiat, who also doesn't really impress me.

this was in reference to "downtown 81."

THEO --i'm with you 100%. to me it was just a corny ass 80's new york city student project. i haven't seen in in about six years, but i wasn't all that impressed. people just hype it because of basquiat, who also doesn't really impress me.

the thing is, i liked the movie "basquiat" starring jeffrey wright. and i kinda like basquiat and his work.

but yeah people only hype "downtown 81" because it's like the only movie basquiat has ever been in. that's all they got so if you're a basquiat fan i guess you have to like it.

I've been stoked for Cloverfield since its viral debut. Wicked cool.

i saw "the golden compass" last night. for a fantasy movie and all, i was really impressed. hopefully they'll put the second addition out within the next year.

I liked it too, but thought they threw you into the movie too quickly in the beginning. I want to see another one too but the movie BOMBED, so i dont know how realistic that might be.,