Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

I've seen the movie and it was actually a very good, effective, and tragic love story. It was well-acted and beautifully directed. However, there are some scenes of extreme gayness that are inevitable. I put aside the small amounts of homophobia that I had and watched the film, enjoyed it, and I'm still not a faggot (hah).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Why does Dinosaur Jr. ring a bell...

I think I read about them in the Metro or something.

Seminal indie rock band, formed in Western Mass in the late 80's. J. Mascis is one of the greatest living original guitarists alive. Lou Barlow, the bassist, formed Sebadoh after leaving the band in the early 90's, then started Folk Implosion. Both those bands were pretty popular indie bands, Sebadoh more than Folk Implosion. The band got back together a couple of years ago to tour, put out a new album this year, and toured again. The loudest show I've ever seen, J. Mascis played through three stacks, Barlow through two. Unbelievable. I almost cried watching Mascis play the guitar.

And that makes them less good?

Yes, it makes them less good!

Would you watch Transformers any day of the week, regardless of how many times

you've seen it before? I saw it the second time at the IMAX, and was reeeeally bored.

On the other hand, Godfather? Usual suspects? Ferris Bueller? Any day, anytime, repeat.

No lie.

Yes, it makes them less good!

Would you watch Transformers any day of the week, regardless of how many times

you've seen it before? I saw it the second time at the IMAX, and was reeeeally bored.

On the other hand, Godfather? Usual suspects? Ferris Bueller? Any day, anytime, repeat.

No lie.

I think I watched Transformers around 6 times in as many days when it came out on DVD, and could easily sit down and watch it again at any moment, shit is bananas. I love all those three movies you mentioned, and they are of course much finer examples of film, but I feel no urge whatsoever to watch them over and over again.

Good movie ≠ fine film.

I think I watched Transformers around 6 times in as many days when it came out on DVD, and could easily sit down and watch it again at any moment, shit is bananas. I love all those three movies you mentioned, and they are of course much finer examples of film, but I feel no urge whatsoever to watch them over and over again.

Good movie ≠ fine film.

I'll compromise on that one. When I walked out of the theatre the first time seeing Transformers, I was hyped. But like i said, the polish dulled upon second viewing for me.

Dif'rent strokes. :huh: