basically i hate nyc

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Glik0@May 29 2005, 03:12 PM

yo HE$H, I'd say avoid areas like park slope and wburg when you feel like this. It'll only perpetuate the situation.

New York is waaaack. It's gotten really boring in the past 5 years.

All these kids who come to NY for school from like wisconsin need to fucking stay at home on their farm and churn their butter. Nahmean.

Kids from Jersey who go to school in Manhattan then claim to be from Brooklyn really piss me off.

BX boro son, lean back.

amen. i would add the LES as well. i've been living in nyc for over 10 years and i can never i'm a ny'er.

also, most of the people (that i met) that where born and raised in ny tend to want to get the fuck out.

note to all you motherfuckers who leave NYC and can't stop talking about how it's the best place in the world and how everything is better there: GO BACK HOME. we don't want you here.

you're grown ups and can make your own decisions, don't push all that shit on the rest of us because "nothing is the same as NY".

Originally posted by Old Growth@May 30 2005, 05:36 AM

I'll probably get a ton of hate for this, but these feelings are deeply rooted.

The thing about the city is that people who live there can't stop talking about it. I should clarify. The people who can't stop talking about their beloved city are either artists, hipsters or writers. NYC is so fucking full of itself it's about to explode. It's like bro, I'm glad you're proud of where you live, but to make it a part of your description as a human being is just a step too far. I'm so fucking tired of hearing about how fucking dope you are because you're from the rotten apple. Awesome, bro. Two thumbs up.

It may seem wierd.But when you are born and raised your whole life in nyc, it deffinantly makes you into the person you are.You realy think a kid from brooklyn , will be the same kind of person if he grew up in bumblefuck new jersey? of course not.Theres constantly something going on here.I see thousands of people a day, and its never the same faces.You grow a certain pride for the city and place you grow up to live in.Ecspecially when its a place thats held in such high regards all over the world.I can go anywhere in the world and say "whats up" and just from the way i talk, look, and my all around vibe.They can tell im from new york right away, most peoples first question when i go out of town is "your from brooklyn right?" and eventually you grow proud of that fact, and will preach it, like its your heritage, because in some ways it is.feel me?

Guest HESHIANDET

no doubt. same goes for people from philly, boston, baltimore. they dont the shine like new york but they have tons of pride in their cities as well. truth be told the only people in nyc i like are the neighborhood guys i spend 60 hours a week w/ at work. i think im moving soon. time to se some new shit and meet some new faces.

and vaginas

Notice how most 'cool kids' in NY are NOT from NY? Exactly. There are barely any born and raised NYers, or actually cool out of staters, in NY anymore. But shit, Ive managed to magically weed out all the corny folk and have a cool bunch of friends.

HOWEVER: If you live anywhere in the vicinity of Williamsburg/GPoint/LIC/some Astoria, I can definitely see why youre in such a po-ed mood though, HESH. Its hard to get away when you're over there.

Notice how people in WBurg take shit to the extremes? I know what youre talking about Hesh, Im talking about the same shit. Its like, you cant kind of look white trash, you must have a mullet, ill fitting pants and some cut up old raggy t shirt. Or you cant look slightly 80s, you must look like you built a "Back to the Future" time machine and for whatever reason decided to visit Brooklyn. Or kids wearing hightops.... and nike track suits.... and old baseball hats... they might has well wear a clock aroud their neck and call it a day.

yo mero.... could you head down to the Coloumbia campus

and puch out this kid 'producer' that wasted lots of my time?

Or just got to that square the NYU kids comsider their campus

and start swinging dukes. ok?

Guest HESHIANDET

mero,

i got your message that day, saved it, put the number in my phone, then lost the phone. holl at me again....

man... i dunno. everyday something new and interesting happens. i used to hate ny as well, but i'm growing to love it.

the more i explore the city, and the more random things i end up doing and random places i end up at, the more i'm totally in love with it. the good things and the bad things make it so unique, you've gotta take it all in and just enjoy it. nyc as a whole is definitely unlike anywhere else i've ever been.

my favorite time is around 4-5 am when there arent hardly any people outside, and it feels like the city is yours...

weird thing of the week: saturday morning around 6 am, me and a friend were hitting up some ill cheap mexican spot in bk, after a crazy night of drinking for free and dancing to the smiths for hours... waiting for food, people in there ordering etc... i look down and there is some dude curled up in the corner, on the floor, just sleeping. no one said shit about it. the motherfucker could have been dead, no one cared. we told the girls behind the counter that there was someone sleeping on the floor and they just giggled and ignored it. we went back to my boy's crib & got a camera, went back to the spot maybe 20 minutes later & that fool was still sleeping on the floor! we got mad flicks with him, then flicks with us and the dude on the floor, then a shot from outside the little bodega (because you could see straight in there and peep the guy curled up).... moral of the story: only in new york.

shitty thing of the week: i had 3-4 unpaid parking tickets, my car got towed while i was at my new job. it cost me about $700 to get it back..... moral of the story: only in new york.

ghetto/funny thing of the week: last nite in a deli, going to buy a 40 & a loosie... i peeped a transvestite in a white tee and jeans. this guy had his hair about chin length, bleached and dyed red, with red dye drips on his white tee, with the neck of the shirt stretched out to go down the shoulder on some 80's type shit, talking like a female...... moral of the story: only in new york.

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by dubsface@May 30 2005, 10:55 AM

Or you cant look slightly 80s, you must look like you built a "Back to the Future" time machine and for whatever reason decided to visit Brooklyn.

Hahaha.

I think I'd like to live in Williamsburg for about a week...

Then I'd move somewhere else within BK. Park Slope's fun.

Nothing happening where I am in NY...and sometimes that's a good thing. I'd like the option to get away from the city...whether it's an hour out to suburbs, or 40 floors above it, I don't care.

Originally posted by dubsface@May 30 2005, 10:55 AM

Or you cant look slightly 80s, you must look like you built a "Back to the Future" time machine and for whatever reason decided to visit Brooklyn.

So they dress like the Japanese?

I think there's alot of good shit going on here on the coast. I'm on the middle east coast. But shit even here, traffic and prices drive me nuts. I can hardly imagine new york.

I went there once to visit. It was a good experience. I don't know if I would like to live there. Or if I could even afford to live there. Which I highly doubt. Good to know they treat the destitute well.

If I wasn't in the military, I might move back out to the heartland. But there's no jobs out there anymore. All the jobs are here. And better paying jobs even. But then they rape you with rent and parking tickets and shit.

Just how I'm feeling about this.

for me, its gotten to the point where the only thing i can do is laugh in the faces of these rich artschool kids and asians from the 80s. ive passed the being pissed off at them part. its not worth getting upset about the large amount of stupid people in ny. dont let it get to you. dont be weak. laugh at them. works for me. and i dont even go to nyc that much.

hipster culture in williamsburg made me move to china.

true story.

hesh. keep your chin up.

you know what the best thing about new york is? going fishing. i'll be home in july and i'll take you fishing on my dads boat. we'll spark a blunt with papa goose and catch some motherfucking striped bizzass.

fishing is the best cure for hating new york.

well... moving to china is the best cure.

but fishing is good too.

I ain't been to NY in years, but I remember a lot of things. Namely, the pizza is amazingly excessive in cheese, there was old dudes breaking into cars in broad daylight, and stripped rides on almost every block in the Bronx. Just like in the comics!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan i went to NY a couple times for different things and each fuckin time I couldn't wait to leave that bitch. Too much noise and people, i'm fuckin paranoid and i can't keep an eye on all you bastards. And your winters are fuckin WINTERS.

The hood was on some shit, but that fuckin manhattan is full of cocksuckers.

I didn't have to deal with any of that shit because I lived in Queens... which is just a straight up corney place. Hipsters don't go there; there's no reason to. Rent's cheap. Anyone who tells you they "don't go to _________" (insert anywhere other than Manhattan or BK) when you bring up where you stay is a scene fag and you know not to deal with them.

All the other shit I just kind of ignored. I worked 4 or 5 different jobs out there and didn't have a cozy trust fund to fall back on. I didn't go to art school either, I went to a community college with financial aid.

I think if you just stay away from gay shit like hipsters, art schools, girls in ironic clothing, and most white people in NYC you'll be alright. It's all you people that had to deal with that stuff that seem to hate NYC.

I'm almost positive that Williamsburg is the 9th level of Hell...The best part about that whole fiasco is that "Williamsburg" isn't even the most "it" place to be anymore...You gotta go to East Williamsburg/Bushwick now. I can't wait to see these dorks start moving into East New York and Brownsville...There needs to be a sick ass riot in that area full of "Pratt-erly Hipster" stabbings. (That school already sends out warnings for kids because they keep getting jacked for their iPods...or so Gatita says...keep wearing the white earbuds bitches....keep it up.)

I love/hate this city more than anywhere else in the world. I dropped out of college to come here to work, live with my girl and our dog, explore all the parts of the city that ARE'NT the stupid ass Willy B. and the L.E.S., and do graffiti as much as I can and it's the best decision I've ever made.