The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Chad Muska, is a good skater. But like Bam, he's not a great skater. He's an okay skater that found is niche and went with it, good for him.

Pj Ladd is probobly one of the most consistant skaters, ever. Besides Jim Bates, who has a lot less style than PJ, but I've skated with both and Jim landed way more insane tricks and more often than PJ. He is probobly one of the most underated skateboarders in the industry today. The only reason anyone knows who he is, is because he one the eS game of skate last year.

Also, PJ is weird, he was staying with my friend who is the younger brother of a well known filmer, and every morning he would wake up, take a shit, and not flush the toilet. Then go outside at around 8 am and do flatground for a good 3 hours.

Jim has his own little quirks, but they're easier to deal with. Also, I went skating with Jim one time and watched him kickflip, backside flip, frontside flip, and pop shove a BIG 12, all first try. And he tre flipped it second try. He actually landed the first one but stepped off.

Paul Rod used to be a really cool and down to earth dude, but it's hard to talk to him nowadays. So I don't. Mike Capaldi is going to be famous, you might of seen him in Forecast. I used to drive him around to skate and then cuss at him because he wouldn't stop not missing tricks. Great style, great kid. Nick McClouth is also in that video and I have nothing but good things to say about him. Probobly one of the nicest and funniest people I've ever known.

I used to teach skatecamp at a well known skatepark in socal, where apparently every 5 year old kid skating has a hot mom. Probobly one of the best jobs I ever had, it didn't pay shit, but it was worth it.

One day after skatecamp me and Mike and his brother Vince, who's just as good just at rails, were skating a box and I slipped out on a trick and split my shin open to the bone, just 4 stitches, but now anytime I have any real impact on that leg I feel like someones stabbing my shin bone with a rusty nail. So I haven't been able to skate, and I've lost alot of what I had. Don't get me wrong, I will still fuck up probobly all of you in a game of skate. But it doesn't mean anything because I'm probobly only 65% if what I was.

Another good story is about a kid who is on Nike who was in the shittiest graffiti state there is, "Hawaii" and has since had the good sense to move to SF, I don't know if he's painting still. But he is probobly one of the most naturally gifted people on a board I've ever seen.

Oh and Torey Pudwill, he's good and I like him. Oh and Baby Schitzo from the Pj ladd video, he's a cool guy, I was an announcer for some contest that he skated at where in between his runs he would go outside and puke because he didn't feel good, I think he got second overall. Then he took me to the Guilty premier where I watched Chad Muska get shitty and Sammy Babtista go pro. Then we went to Sammy Babtistas house where I watched him puke all over himself and pass out. I have pictures.

Anyway that's my skateboarding rant. Holler

G!

I personally stay away from skateamerica.com, they take FOREVER to ship your order and their shipping fees are outta control.

blackholeboards.com (superfast shipping)

actionvillage.com (new decks run for 42.95)

or shop the clearance section at activemailorder (you can get all sorts of boards for 29.99 - 34.99)

Another good story is about a kid who is on Nike who was in the shittiest graffiti state there is, "Hawaii" and has since had the good sense to move to SF, I don't know if he's painting still. But he is probobly one of the most naturally gifted people on a board I've ever seen.

G!

If dude you're talking about was on savier before nike and has a SLIGHT resemblance to the king of pop, i know who you're talking about.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
I personally stay away from skateamerica.com, they take FOREVER to ship your order and their shipping fees are outta control.

or shop the clearance section at activemailorder (you can get all sorts of boards for 29.99 - 34.99)

Thanks for the news, never bought from them but I wont now.

I was trying to support the local shop today, I went to 6 stores in my area to see if they had Wonderful. Horrible. Life on DVD.....no dice. Yet they got every single fucking variation of that CKY crap in thier display cases. So, right now, fuck the shop and their 65 dollar decks and shit selection. And half the stores I went to didn't know a fucking thing about skateboarding. They were like "What? PJ Ladd's wonderful life?"

I've seen those ebay deck 5 packs and you really can't beat 120-130 for 5 or 6 name brand decks...I'm just wary of copping a pack of finding out half of them are warped

I checked out the prices of all those websites and www.skateamerica.com seemed to

have by far the best deals for custom completes......thats what Im looking at getting

skateamerica shipping is around $13 but the money you actually save in product pays off

blackholeboards - $6

actionvillage - free

activemailorder - free

oh yeah thanks for the links

Boy are you in for a surprise, Muska did the skate scene, Tried the beats, dated Paris Hilton for a minute while doing the Hollywood secne. Now he is on a rampage in skate again. He is riding for KR3W and Supra. (his proto type shoe is crazy !!! He is riding in them now if you see him, check them)

Greco and Ellington can not give give anymore good words about how stong his comeback is looking. He is starting to pop up in photos in the mags again, I cant wait for the next video part.

LOL! Chad Muska chiming in on 12oz. promoting himself!:haha:

^ lol are you serious?

haha..

i shit you not.

Zoo York has teamed up with Skechers USA, Inc. for the design, production, and distribution of a new line of Zoo York Footwear. Under the terms of the agreement, which were released this March, Skechers will handle all back-end functions of the new brand, while Zoo’s current business team will oversea all marketing and advertising functions.

TWB506_IN9_02300.jpg

A silver-platter sample of the new Zoo York kicks.

For Skechers, linking with Zoo completes the brand’s portfolio. “We have women’s high fashion, we have men’s high fashion, and we have an urban piece,” says Wolfe. “The one thing that was lacking in our portfolio was skate. Partnering with Zoo rounds out what we do. Skate is such a growth lifestyle business right now and everyone wants a piece of it. Action sports is one of the most important movements I’ve seen since I’ve been in footwear.”

:shakehead: <----oh shit, u can make smilies links!! (for the non-sherlocks out there, click the fucker.)