The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by iquit@Dec 24 2005, 09:42 PM

i think hes older than 10 now. no? maybe not. hes the little kid with dreds in the element video? he's fucking insaaane.

Yeah Nyjah Huston, I would say he's 11-13ish now. You can watch his winning Tampa Am line on their site....he fucking broke it off....I think his last trick was a fakie backside 270 flip I think....

I'm with SF1, kids that good piss me off, it's rad and all that they've got such board control, but I just want to break their legs sometimes.

Originally posted by SPORTO+Dec 25 2005, 03:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SPORTO - Dec 25 2005, 03:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Dec 25 2005, 02:45 AM

I fucking hate kids that have been alive for less years than I been skating but are better than I ever was in my prime.

Skateboarding is an attitude, & you don't have it.

[/b]

Aparently I do! :haha:

Guest im not witty

i have a stereo deck. im drawing a blank on the guys name, the nerdy light skinned guy with the glasses. not jason lee but the other half of stereo. its the second one ive bought of the exact same board. i love this shape.

every thing else is crap,

blank55mm

tensor trux. blech.

some old swiss bearings. i cant buy new shit until the weather cooperates.

Originally posted by mindvapors@Dec 24 2005, 02:52 PM

The Charles River Skatepark

Local skaters putting in their input on design aspects, via clay.

Zach_RvT_Kids_design.jpg

Gonna be under the curved ramp next to the hangar.

ZakimBridge_800x600.jpg

First revised preliminary design.

CurrentSkateParkDesign.gif

Concept Art. Yes, they plan on being better than you guys in Louisville.

NightRendering_640x480.jpg

Latest designs in PDF format here.

We currently have a little more than $762,905, which would have been good if out initial goal wasnt doubled to $2.036 million. SO ya, its already been pushed back to 2007. Will i even be skatin then?

I'd rather a skateplaza.

damn im going to boston when/if they do that.

That sucks, I just dipped out of the Boston area a llittle while back....the park I go to around here has at least 5 fruit booters at any given time, kids that just hang out on the half pipe(no board, bike, or blades, they just slide down the ramps on their asses) and little kids that share a pair of rollerbaldes and take a seat on the rails, boxes and banks as soon as you're 6 inches away from popping your board...

Originally posted by PUMPKIN ESCOBAR@Dec 25 2005, 09:41 PM

little kids that share a pair of rollerbaldes and take a seat on the rails, boxes and banks as soon as you're 6 inches away from popping your board...

"Accidental" bail resulting in board-to-dome contact usually sets them straight.

"My bad dawg, you alright?" :haha:

• 5 weeks later...