The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

very fun. and whats funny is that last night i planned on digging up this thread and suggesting sumthing.

Skate Plaza Video - Groundbreaking

this is not only a interesting video on its own, but it can used as a great tool to propose one of these to your local higher ups. best thing of all, its all $3.95. and a dollar from each goes to the Skate Plaze Fund. make sure to check out the teaser.

Its amazing to me that when you drive by a skate park you see at least 10 kids at any random time of day.

You have to drive by a baseball/ soccer field at the right time to see anyone there at all.

I hope that is noticed by most city officials and helps them get more parks for each city. Its also super cool that parks have evolved so much in the past 10 years ... the new ones are damn good to skate. in the past you may have to work to find good lines or objects that were challenging.

Over christmas break I went to see my parents and found an old pair of my guy mariano's. Ive been rocking them ever since...

In other news I have been searching for a pair of koston 1's (white/gum) for the last 3 years and might have found a fairly unused pair from a friend. Woot.

Anyways, my setup is a an 7.5 element featherlite with krux trux and new deal wheels (very soft, perfect for parks.)

Originally posted by mindvapors@Jan 26 2006, 05:48 PM

the FEATHERLITE? is that the shit that has like a 'reinforced layer of plexi something' in the middle?

if so, that deck SUCKS ASS. all that was good for was keeping the 2 freshly snapped halves dangling like nunchucks after a (dont remember how it broke).

:haha:

Theres a bunch of different boards that are featherlites.. They are light as shit and easy to flip...

I love em.

Originally posted by shameless self promotion+Jan 26 2006, 10:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shameless self promotion - Jan 26 2006, 10:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mindvapors@Jan 26 2006, 05:48 PM

the FEATHERLITE? is that the shit that has like a 'reinforced layer of plexi something' in the middle?

if so, that deck SUCKS ASS. all that was good for was keeping the 2 freshly snapped halves dangling like nunchucks after a (dont remember how it broke).

:haha:

Theres a bunch of different boards that are featherlites.. They are light as shit and easy to flip...

I love em.

[/b]

they suck.