The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

Originally posted by Mr. ABC+May 15 2005, 07:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - May 15 2005, 07:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Manifesto@May 16 2005, 09:51 AM

california was built by skateboarders.

no, it was built by mexicans haha

[/b]

which reminds me of a pretty bad joke?

there are 3 mexicans riding in a truck, who's the driver?

...the landscaper.

• 4 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mr. ABC@May 11 2005, 12:20 AM

video days is an easter egg on the new blind dvd for all those that have a copy

I just got this and dug and dug ... i cant find the easter egg ....

where is it hiding ... i even dug through all the deck images (SUPER COOL TO SEE SOME OF THOSE OLD DEKCS AGAIN !!)

find the rudy johnson old english deck (on page 2 i think). select it. press < (left) on the remote and a little reaper should pop up on the screen. press enter on the remote and you should hear a noise like a vault unlocking or something. when that happens go back to the special features screen and you'll see video days as one of the selections.

enjoy

Old school pre double tail right here. Had a Sims New Wave as one of my first decks.Skated pretty much the whole time through, and as I wake up every day I am reminded of this.

June 21st is skate day worldwide..dust off the cobwebs and go for a push.

No Comply kickflip.

Originally posted by tycobb@Jun 14 2005, 04:17 PM

Old school pre double tail right here. Had a Sims New Wave as one of my first decks.Skated pretty much the whole time through, and as I wake up every day I am reminded of this.

June 21st is skate day worldwide..dust off the cobwebs and go for a push.

No Comply kickflip.

Its dusted off ...well a weeks worth of dust after rolling my ankle ..but it will be ridden. The Etnies park is having free stuff all day .. maybe i will stop by on the way to work for a quick session and a bagel.

'Streets of Fire" 1989

Natas ....

No comply 360 kickflip footplant on a light pole ... boggles the mind.

st30204.jpg

I was flowed boards from H-Street in '91 to '92....rode for some shops between '93 to around '99 lastly getting boards from New Deal before I tore my ACL.....I just started skating again.....my knee feels good....so that's cool.It's fun just cruising around and getting things back.

Originally posted by ERIZENO@Jun 21 2005, 04:00 PM

bump for go skateboarding day !!!! get out there today !!

Testpattern: ollie higher ... thats it ... if you can only ollie knee high you wont be able to kickflip higer than that. so its relative to your ollie in my view.

i feel that, but i can ollie higher than i can kickflip. i actually used to be able to kickflip way higher than i could ollie. kickflip four boards and ollied three. something like that. then i quit skating for about four years and now i'm slowly starting again. only this time my kickflips suck and my ollies are alright. for some reason i just can't pop the kickflips. they're like, just right off the ground. last night, though, i did find that it's mostly in the drag. if you kick off right as you pop it levels the board out higher. for that, though, i gotta place my front foot at about 3/4 level on the board.

Originally posted by SF1@May 11 2005, 04:37 AM

I hate Vans parks too. I got banned from the one in my area the only time I went cause I refused to wear pads. It was mad fun getting chased around the park by the 40 year old soccer-mom manager ignoring her screaming at me and just skating like she wasn't even there... Till the cops showed up. :haha:

lol, thats great