The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
And you live by me. So thank you for reitterating my previous statements. Doesn't skating suck up here? hahaha

In the winter it fucking sucks. Rain, straight rain, every day. SO when it ISNT raining I dont really give a fuck how cold it is ill bundle up and get down to wherever is dry. Parking garages get played out really fast. Paying to skate is okay for a while but indoor parks get boring. Stationary flatground in a tiny garage is just not doing it.

In the summer its awesome though. Love summer.

^^^ I moved to seattle from boston. I had just started skateboarding when I moved but endured one winter of skateboarding in gloves, hoodie with a jacket over it, chipping ice off ledges and stuff haha. shoveling snow from mini ramps. Yeah.

Heres a fucking great video if you havent seen it yet. Some random from randomsville put this one out.

Turtles Giraffes & Cats.

truth. its been scientifically proven that when you hit a crack in some shitty east coast pavement and fall, the freezing ass cold ground hurts 3 times as much as in the summer. ive been doing test studies for about the last 20 years.

Bahaha when I was 14 like 3 years ago I was learning varial heels (which i cant do anymore?) and it was about 0 degrees out. I was on a shitty rough street, slipped out. Hi fived the pavement as I hit the ground. Sooo painful.

hitting pavement in the winter sucks some serious dick, but it comes with the terroritory.

In the winter it fucking sucks. Rain, straight rain, every day. SO when it ISNT raining I dont really give a fuck how cold it is ill bundle up and get down to wherever is dry. Parking garages get played out really fast. Paying to skate is okay for a while but indoor parks get boring. Stationary flatground in a tiny garage is just not doing it.

In the summer its awesome though. Love summer.

make some grind boxes and shit and bring them along, do a little searching for a file cabinet, get a piece of plywood, and some angle iron, and your golden. or try and find some of those small orange barriers, im sure theres a spot somewhere that'll have one you can snag.

i did not think the dude at the end of that was gonna make it out of that speed wobble alive. thats nuts.

yeahh i was at the edge of my seat being so glad that wasnt me. I dont think ive ever had speed wobbles that bad ever. When I just started skating and would go bomb hills it would be shakey and i deffinately thought i was about to die but somehow i made it out without falling.

dao, i've been informed a seatbelt is in fact a tailgrab.

A tailgrab is just a tailgrab.

Unless you're talking about a front hand grabbing the tail like a reverse crail.

If that's the case then I've never actually seen that and "seatbelt" sounds like an appropriate name.

If I didn't have this 12 pack in the way of doing grab tricks, I'd probably set out to learn that shit myself.

I simply said skating in Seattle during the Fall/Winter is gay. And that's why I'm bitter. Jesus Christ. INTERNET PEOPLE.

No, you said that skateboarding is gay, then emphasized you living in TPWF land as making it even gayer.

I just think skateboarding is gay as fuck now. Especially living in Seattle during the Fall/Winter.