The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Music in skate videos can either add or take away from peoples enjoyment.

I have a friend who can not stand to watch skate videos with anything other than hip hop, I dont fault him in anyway for that ... it looks better to me too. However I understand not all skaters listen to that, so you get all ranges.

I went to skate videos to learn about new music back in the day, these days I may try to do the same but its more misses than hits in the past few years.

I often end up feeling similar to DAO where they just come off like people trying too hard to be hip and listen to shit no one know about yet. Reeking of effort to find some obscure shit.

There was no music! Just a simple, monotone "...yeah". Every fucking time. Maybe it's because bad filming pisses me off? Not sure. It's just annoying when people do that.

seems like homie just started filming or hardly knows how so i wouldnt be to hard on him

i know when i first got my VX i was always saying yeah n shit or id bust

out with a scream when an ender went down..i look at that footy now

and just cringe..if hes a serious filmer hell learn...

Music in skate videos can either add or take away from peoples enjoyment.

I have a friend who can not stand to watch skate videos with anything other than hip hop, I dont fault him in anyway for that ... it looks better to me too. However I understand not all skaters listen to that, so you get all ranges.

I went to skate videos to learn about new music back in the day, these days I may try to do the same but its more misses than hits in the past few years.

I often end up feeling similar to DAO where they just come off like people trying too hard to be hip and listen to shit no one know about yet. Reeking of effort to find some obscure shit.

as an editor you run into the problem of trying to please

everyone from the rider to the sponcer and to the masses..sometimes

you just have to go with whats in your head..unfortunatley it works or completely

bites you in the ass...i say play around with it...hell ive used indy, rap, rock etc..

its just whatever potrays your vision the best...some editors dont think about that and end up coming out with subpar work cause they want to reach a "market" and not an individual..

dunno just my two cents