CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okey i read like 3/4 of the first page and not much was said that was true so heres my 2cents

i have used lots of differant types of tips and feel i have a good understanding of each one. these are the tips that i still use on the reg here we go:

ny skinny - nice soft thin tip that can flair if you know what you are doing. also good for fills that you can take your time on. saves paint doing this. fits krylon and spanish montana well. fits rustos but with alot of over spray causing a crappy line. will fit belton, wallmart and german montana after you shave the stem flush. you can get these for free if you are smart and know where to look.

ny fat (soft balls)- my favorite tip. works on all of the above brands. good for fills, flairs, larger outlines, and fades. these can also be found if you know where to look.

german outlines (bananas)- montana spains stock tips. i use these when im painting in the winter because they are good to cold fingers. basicly the same as the ny skin (fit the same cans) but dont flair as well. outline 2s are avail for wallmarts, beltons and german montanas. the twos give a harder thinner line then the originals i noticed.

hooded german tips (colors)

hooded grey dots - these tips are the shit. i love doing outlines with these tip while beltons or mtana golds (german). they clog easy with the black or platnum montana cans (german) so shake them babies well and carry extras. when i have to outline with montana black (german) i use hooded black dots. they have the same line thickness as the grey but are higher presure so they dont clog as easy.

hooded greys also fit krylon cans and some rustos. blk dots dont usualy.

hooded blue dots - these are soft fat caps and are good for fades and shit. these tips came to the resq when i had to use rusto to outline and the can was being lame to all my thin tips. I DONT BUY THESE TO MUCH NOW THAT I CAN FADE WITH ANY THING. AN i oops didnt meen to shout.

special gold dots dont confuse with gold super skinnys-

these are my go to for huge fades soft and fat as hell. the got the big hole but a vey skinny valve so you get a low amout of paint in the mix but a huge ass flair. works on all above named paints just dont press to hard when using rusto and krylon. sometimes makes a mess if you do.

i also have a few super skinny gold dots for touch ups but hardly use them. pink dots waste alto of paint but are good for bombing fast. i have rustos but all they do is make a bunch of noise. ny fats work better on most rusto cans any ways.

i basicly make sure i have ny thin and fat at all times and hooded greys as much as possable. the rest arnt all that important.

hoppe this helps all you kids save some $$$$$$ and time.

peace

ps im looking to cop some ny pink dots (beachballs) just to try them out. pm me if you know where to find them.

DAMN I MIGHT BE SHOWING MY AGE HERE BUT WHY WAS THE NAME OF THE "NY THIN" CHANGED FROM "TESTER CAP" OR "NEAT CAP"

AND I REMEMBER WHEN THE "NY FAT" WAS JUST CALLED A "FATTY"

SOFTBALL CAPS WERE MADE AVAILABLE TO US CHICAGO WRITERS VIA THE DOLLAR STORE OVEN CLEANER CANS..

AND THE NEAT CAPS WERE MADE AVAILABLE TO US FROM A GARDENING PRODUCT NAMED "LEAF SHINE" OR A COOKING SPRAY NAMED "PAN LITE" IS IT JUST ME OR DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER THESE PRODUCTS AS WELL???

il and wi ahve damn near seperate slang from the rest of the midwest..

i've heard them called either fats or ny fats since at least 88..

but then again i dont bother keeping up with current in aerosol accesories... i think i have a few of thos pink dots i bough twhen i was in minniapolis..for the super suckfest called scribble jam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by 1THOU@Sep 30 2005, 07:25 PM

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOURSELF FROM CLOGGING A CAP

CAN YOU CLEAN A CAP ?

shake the can

and to clean a cap let it soak in like paint thinner overnight or for a few ours

or when ur done with the cap turn the can upsidedown and spray until air comes out to get it all out of the nozzle

but never stick anything in the cap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i reckon 99% of people looking on a caps thread will be toy (not saying im not) and if your toy, i see no problem whatsoever with stock caps and fat caps

however, whenever end up with a baffling multicoloured weird cap, i just spray it a wall in my bedroom or a floor and see what they're like, surely that makes more sense than searching through a thread to find out whats gonna happen.

hopefuly ive helped someone but overrall i think that although interesting, all fancy caps really are is gay, pretentious and confusing

Originally posted by flip words@Nov 19 2005, 06:18 AM

alright, imma sound HELLA fucking stupid right now, but i havent used spray paint in a while, and when i did use spray paint, that was in my toy days. but anyways, i have no idea how the caps go onto the can. do you just pop them shits off then snap the cap on em or what? damn i feel retarded.

nah man, dont feel bad. its a good question.

You gotta put the stem of the cap into the can. Look at the dot really close and push down on the cap to try to see if you have a secure fit. But its kinda hard so you gotta get your eye up real close to the dot on the cap when youre pushing it down.

MIX YOUR OWN COLORS. "ALMOND WORKS WONDERS"

PUT RUSTO IN KRYLON CANS (THANKS ONESECONDFAG.)

AND USE NY THINS AND OR FATS....THEY HAVE THE BEST RECOGNITION SYSTEM EVER. CLOSE LINES ON THE CAP-THIN. FAR APART LINES ON THE CAP-FAT.

YEAH, I GOT PEER PRESSURE INTO BUY GREY DOTS...THEY'RE ALRIGHT-I PREFER NY THINS THO...YOU CAN FILL IN PRETTY QUICKLY THEN GET SOME MODERATELY THIN LINES GOING WITH OUT SWITCHING CAPS. I PERSONALLY THINK THOSE GERMAN CAPS AREN'T WORTH THE MONEY. ARTCRIMES.ORG-100 CAPS FOR 6 OR 7 BUCKS. DONE.

thanks BEEFEATER. i went bombing last night with spray paint (and markers and mops of course) and it was damn fun. but one time, i went to go hit up a fence, then the fucking cap popped off, so now i pretty much know how to switch caps now. i wanna know you peoples' opinion on which cap is the best for bombing. so lemme know. peace.

Originally posted by master bait@Mar 15 2005, 11:03 AM

one "euro" cap I recently found and think some people might like was called "level 5". it's extremely fat and high pressure... I think you can see it happen here:

http://www.90bpm.net/temp/boardpix/sunset.mov

good god not again. that is not a fucking can of paint it is a canister that you can see in his left hand like a fire extiguisher. watch the video when he walsk between cars. it's a big ass jug.

Originally posted by flip words@Nov 24 2005, 12:56 PM

thanks BEEFEATER. i went bombing last night with spray paint (and markers and mops of course) and it was damn fun. but one time, i went to go hit up a fence, then the fucking cap popped off, so now i pretty much know how to switch caps now. i wanna know you peoples' opinion on which cap is the best for bombing. so lemme know. peace.

I do outline, fill, and 3d with grey dots, but only when i'm bombing cars or houses, other than that i use level 2 green dots. Also, using gold spray paint is much better because it comes out cleaner and catches the eye of the public.

all this marketing bullshit abuot different caps with colors and dots and all this bulshit pisses me off

its simple, for fillins use rusto fats, ny fats, german fats

for outlines just use NY thins or stock caps.....i be rockin them stock caps, fucka extra thin cap....if your bombin it doesnt matter