PAY'N - TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It'd be mad funny if heads just crashed his class squad deep and bombed the shit out of the room/building. If dude tries to front just roll on him in front of his "students" and be like "this is graffiti, faggots!!!". :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Step5:

Now it's time to finish your piece (why did it take so long?).

:haha: :haha: what the fuck is that?? :haha:

and dudes using montana.. power to him earning stupid money from stupid people in stupid graffi academy. whats happening to this world.................................................................................. :(

Originally posted by Jasenroxwell@Mar 21 2005, 01:43 AM

track him down stab him infront of class and tell them students "this is graffiti are you down for beef "

haha can you imagine that, hes teaching his class and you walk up in there..bandana on and shit..pull out a knife and stab his ass and look at everbody and be like " this is real graffiti, down for beef!?"

yup teen center near my town is paying my friend to teach this summer, Hes hustlin them hard, got $5000 grant from state to buy supplies, so now were gonna rack paint that the state buys us and hes getting paid to do it. We each already got over 200 worth in free paint and paid 150 to paint the inside of the place. I say get money its like artists doing anything commercial you never bring your a game to the table, you keep that for the real in the spots.

No one can say they don't want $ or free paint for bull shiting some kiddies into thinking their down with somthing they know noting about

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Mar 17 2005, 02:49 AM

What is he even teaching? What order to paint in?

The only worthwhile comment on this. Most of you sound ignorant.

For one...Did graffiti artists invent fonts or language....NO

Two...did writers invent spray paint...NO

did writers invent graphic design...no

Ok so this guy writes graffiti or has knowledge on lettering and how to apply it using spray paint....This was obviously in another country outside of the US where graffiti and art in general are more widely accepted. People do legal walls and random citizens see them painting, graffiti artists, some of the most reputable and most inventive write books on graf, videos, which for instance show people painting step by step, hahaha even making toys emulating graffiti.

Mentoring in a class to people who express interest in the artform is not much different. And if some of these people start writing graffiti based on the experience then that just adds more people to the mix, thus spurring along the evoluition of writing.

As if this 12oz forum is closed to anyone...no it is opened to the whole world to see. When I started writing 12 years ago 12oz and picture sharing on this level wasnt even thought of. The only "pics" I had were from friend who grew up in the BRONX and had actually painted trains with people like COPE, and killed NY streets. How many retarded forums are there that "teach" how to do "graffiti", ie...caps, mops, markers, wheatpasting, mixing paint....

Shit when I started just how to mix paint was a coveted practice....whatever...fuck it.....................

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a great deal of hate. Is graffiti only cool to you guys if you slam the door shut behind you after you got in? What do you all really need out of graffiti, anyway, if you feel it's so special that people that teach it should be shot and beat up?

We all "are taught" graffiti one way or another. Chances are, many of you learned a lot of what you know from this website and all the people who are here sharing what they know. You might also have learned a lot from the "teachings" of graffiti magazines like 12 oz. I hear plenty of you parroting as graffiti gospel quotes we've printed from writers such as Twist, Os Gemeos, Skuf, Revs, and so on. I've even heard my own words parroted from time to time, and don't think that I don't notice.

Granted, this teacher guy might be an herb. I have my suspicions. But tell me that you wouldn't be interested in spending time with (insert your favorite writer here) to soak up all the knowledge you can - especially if you knew nobody would ever find out about it.

I'll be giving a talk at Harvard on April 7, by the way, and the public is welcome. I promise I won't tell anyone that I saw you learning.

If the guy who is teaching has payed his dues to the graffiti game, i dont see why he couldnt teach it. When you get older, and realize that you putted so much efforts, time, money, problems with justice etc for this graffiti game, some people want to have some things in return .

Hey, he's teaching, getting paid, for a thing he loves, why not? We dont even know who is this writer anyway... maybe he bombed more than all of us.

But if this writer has stared graffiti 1 or 2 years ago, or is an unknown writer in his city...it would be another story...

Quote : Edika " efforts, time, money, problems with justice etc"

Does that fuck ever look like he put any more effort in?

than a couple of sessions on the throne with a copy of 'Back Jumps'

mag in front of his despreado face?

Their is some dumb fuck who teaches kids how to paint at youth centers here in england..... i see it as pathetic because they dont learn shit and he makes a fuck load of money and gets alot of free montana and belton..... I never saw ne thing like that when i lived in Washington...

Originally posted by 3973_OMT@Apr 3 2005, 02:40 PM

and gets alot of free montana and belton.....

Don't knock that, I'm sure he uses a lot of the paint himself. That's just ingenuity. Also, if it is a youth center I bet the program is free.

I'm done replying here, I am just going to laugh at the title... Not me, but these fucks.

Originally posted by remorseles@Mar 9 2005, 01:40 PM

thats gay, i struggled to get as far as i am with graff and neverhad any one by my side showing me how to do it ill i ever had was people in the area i didnt know who painted i had to learn from their paintings until i got my own style. besides half those fuckers in that class couldnt handle half the shit the average writer goes through from racking down to just plain bombing. it seems in europe graff is takeing a wrong turn...

M

...the grass is greener in the south side...a couple of guys in south san diego started the same thing, but no compensation, totally volunteer work...and it wasn't for adults...it was for elementary and middle school kids...think about it this way... would you rather have 30 kids following the "tag banging" trend that has been around... or 30 kids who know their role in the game??? it's not about "takeing a wrong turn" but turning these kids in the right direction..... imagine that

WHAT IS THAT C MON PEOPLE YOU CAN LEARN HOE TO DO GRAFITTI BECAUSE IN GRAFITTI YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR OWN STYLE HAHAHAHA HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PAY SOMEBODY TO TEACH BUT HEY.........................................................................I WOULD PAY 2 YAH KNOW :innocent:

Guest KING OF HELL

its easy to to nay say from here, but alot of you are participating in something that has done more harm to graffiti than a muraling class will ever do.

the internet.

most of you are learning your styles from looking at what everyone else is doing in every other part of the world.

the internet has absolutely killed anything resembling regional styles, or the master apprenticship thing. you used to be able to tell where a writer was from or what crew they were with based on style. now its so bastardised so that kids in idaho are doing south bronx knock offs and kids in orlando are mimicking philly tall prints. thats far worse far graffiti than some graff class.

and just so you know there has been graffiti class in one form or another for about as long as graffiti in its present form has been in existence.

who cares.

i would kinda like to see him get jumped... bot cause i have any hard feelings.. but it'd be funny for him to walk into class w/ his eyes all blacked, saying to his students, "beef caught up w/ me."

personally, i'd be teaching em not to do it