so i survived the falluajah invasion

WhAt_dA_fUcK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dowmagik+Dec 12 2004, 11:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dowmagik - Dec 12 2004, 11:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Vanity@Dec 11 2004, 08:23 PM

what's the most fucked up thing you saw?

how the hell can you ask sometime who just got back from WAR what the "most fucked up thing you saw" was? have at least a shred of sensitivity.

wtf - im glad youre alright and im sorry about your friends. were you able to see change in how the iraqi citizens treated the soldiers? what im asking is, does it seem like theyre hating our occupation more and more every day?

[/b]

The answer is so obvious too. The wholesale slaughter of non-combatant women and children is the only answer, but it's ok, because bush said so.

Originally posted by LENS@Dec 13 2004, 07:48 AM

Are you allowed to grab an AK-47 and use it on the enemy? I dunno, seems a lot more gangster than an M-16

yeah just out interest are you allowed to "liberate" the enemy of their weapons for your own use?

do you think iraq will reach a time of peace anytime soon?

keep your head down, i hate reading in the news about all the horrific injuries/deaths over there. peace

im just going to say a little something that us as marines think people back home should know....and when i say this i do not direct it at any of you but more to everyone in the states....im well aware of what i got myself into but i just want everyone to appreciate what they have...i wish i can wake up and grab a beer and chill the fuck out on a saturday night with my boys...but i cant

when i was in the city there was a day that i was losing 2 friends a day for 4 days......sit there and think about it...it got to the point where i wouldnt want to know who else is dead...because i was afraid it would fuck me up when i should be as clear minded as can be...where not being able to shower for 20 days...shitting in a fucking cardboard box...

the fucked up part of this war is that an insurgent with an AK-47 can run into a house and drop his weapon and change clothes pick up a white flag and we cannot shoot at him...(i lost a friend because an iraqi with a white flag crying went up to a patrol of marines and when he got up to them he threw a grenade and killed one of my friends) i want you to sit there and really think about that and actually put a friends face on that marine getting hit with shrapnel all over his face and neck because the iraq had a white flag....

the media take a picture of a dead woman or child and want to the public to believe that what we are doing is completely wrong to begin with.....when in all actuality you have no idea what the fuck happened....the next time you read an article about shit happening out here put yourself in there shoes and ask yourself what you would do?

just ramblings of a tired man....

Originally posted by WhAt_dA_fUcK@Dec 13 2004, 08:11 AM

im just going to say a little something that us as marines think people back home should know....and when i say this i do not direct it at any of you but more to everyone in the states....im well aware of what i got myself into but i just want everyone to appreciate what they have...i wish i can wake up and grab a beer and chill the fuck out on a saturday night with my boys...but i cant

when i was in the city there was a day that i was losing 2 friends a day for 4 days......sit there and think about it...it got to the point where i wouldnt want to know who else is dead...because i was afraid it would fuck me up when i should be as clear minded as can be...where not being able to shower for 20 days...shitting in a fucking cardboard box...

the fucked up part of this war is that an insurgent with an AK-47 can run into a house and drop his weapon and change clothes pick up a white flag and we cannot shoot at him...(i lost a friend because an iraqi with a white flag crying went up to a patrol of marines and when he got up to them he threw a grenade and killed one of my friends) i want you to sit there and really think about that and actually put a friends face on that marine getting hit with shrapnel all over his face and neck because the iraq had a white flag....

the media take a picture of a dead woman or child and want to the public to believe that what we are doing is completely wrong to begin with.....when in all actuality you have no idea what the fuck happened....the next time you read an article about shit happening out here put yourself in there shoes and ask yourself what you would do?

damn. i think about shit like this ...and honestly it gets me really emotional..but i've never really been good at explaining my feelings.

but i just wanted to let you know that i'm glad your safe..

i go to fucking work and i deal with the most ridiculous customers taking phone orders from fat bitches. who are gettin so angry and pissed off screaming at me about how the ink from the dark denim pants rubbed off on her shoe, or how her package came a day late, or how she didnt get a promotion on her catalog, or how shipping is too expenisive and i feel like screaming at them "theres a fuckin war going on, where are our soldiers are dying and your calling me screaming about some stupid fucking shit i could give a fuck less about? come the fuck on.."

i'm sorry about your friends. ;[

you're in my prayers..

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by WhAt_dA_fUcK@Dec 13 2004, 10:11 AM

I hear that man, glad to hear you're safe really sorry about your firiends too, rip....war is a really fucked up thing, you guys just shouldnt be there, i know you have to do what you have to do once you're there, and i know that sometimes all the negativity makes you people crazy...still, what you do is wrong and i could never blame ANY soldier for that, i blame the people that send you to do their business...anyway, i just hope you and your people stay safe and this tragedy soon ends so you can live your life again. take care homie.

i'm with tesser. unless it's some extremely blatent shit, i dont blame none of yall for the death of civillians.

hindight is 20/20, but in the dark, with rifles and bombs going off...i'm shooting anything that runs in my direction and isn't speaking english. anyone back here in america that can't understand what you guys are going through doesn't know shit, and doesn't matter. i hate this war, and i hate that anyone has to die, but that's life.

as a whole, how do you guys feel about the insurgents? is there any real emotion attached or is it just kind of a matter of 'business'? does that question make sense?

quick story... in ww2, there were american and german soldiers dug into fox holes in a field just a few hundred feet apart. it was the end of december, cold and shitty. for days they'd been there fighting. then all of a sudden, on christmas eve, they stopped and started singing christmas carols. in the morning, they all climbed out of their holes, and literally, just hung out, american and german, together. they played football. they talked (in whatever capacity they could). they traded hats, scarves, etc.

then the next morning, they resumed fighting as if nothign happened.

i think about that story everytime i think of war. it would be impossible for me to hate the insurgents, because truth be told, i totally feel where they're coming from. if someone invaded america, i would be them, ya know? i could fight them, and i could kill them, but i dont think i could hate them.

i dont know, long winded, but whatever. stay safe.

My dad went to Vietnam, Staitioned in Khe San, attached to the special forces camp 101st. They were called the Phoenix and part of the SOG teams (that was basically of group harcore people the CIA pulled from all brances to ambush the bad guys like they were doing to us the whole war.) All of there missions were secret into Laos and North Cambodia. Every mission they left under fire.

I asked my dads friends alot about these feelings about what they had to do and if they beleived in there cause. They all say we never really had time to think about it. We stayed as numb to that has possible for mental survival. It was summed up to me like this. One day we were about to the go into Laos A friend of my Dads said let me take your place today I have bad feeling and you have son at home. My dad aggreed.. Well The dude got killed that day with a few others. Later that same night my dad got drunk and was laughing about it. His freinds said no one thought that was wrong or foul or anything. Because it was the state of mind you stayed in so you can mentally survive something like that.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 13 2004, 01:21 PM

i'm with tesser. unless it's some extremely blatent shit, i dont blame none of yall for the death of civillians.

hindight is 20/20, but in the dark, with rifles and bombs going off...i'm shooting anything that runs in my direction and isn't speaking english. anyone back here in america that can't understand what you guys are going through doesn't know shit, and doesn't matter. i hate this war, and i hate that anyone has to die, but that's life.

as a whole, how do you guys feel about the insurgents? is there any real emotion attached or is it just kind of a matter of 'business'? does that question make sense?

quick story... in ww2, there were american and german soldiers dug into fox holes in a field just a few hundred feet apart. it was the end of december, cold and shitty. for days they'd been there fighting. then all of a sudden, on christmas eve, they stopped and started singing christmas carols. in the morning, they all climbed out of their holes, and literally, just hung out, american and german, together. they played football. they talked (in whatever capacity they could). they traded hats, scarves, etc.

then the next morning, they resumed fighting as if nothign happened.

i think about that story everytime i think of war. it would be impossible for me to hate the insurgents, because truth be told, i totally feel where they're coming from. if someone invaded america, i would be them, ya know? i could fight them, and i could kill them, but i dont think i could hate them.

i dont know, long winded, but whatever. stay safe.

seeking,

not questioning your truths, but im interested in reading more about this...where did you hear about this?? any link or something??

this is weird

Congratulations to the bottom feeder that posted those horrifying war images.

here we have an individual using this board as a momentary respite from the horrors of war only to continue to see images that ram home what he saw firsthand in Fallujah. It's like getting stabbed on the way home and having your friend stab you when you get in the front door.

I request the mods take that shit down immediatly.

have to disagree. i mean dudes out there fighting this war, he's seeing all this shit first hand. i highly doubt some pictures are going to disturb him any further then his current situation already is. and i think people need to see the power of what war really is like over there.

seeking i swear ive heard of that story before but cant remember where, didnt something simliar happen on that mini series Band of Brothers ?? dunno if that got aired in america tho.

Originally posted by Armenhammer@Dec 13 2004, 05:50 PM

pffffft, what seeking is talking about took place in WW1 and I think it was British and German soldiers, maybe Americans too, I'm not sure. I saw this on the history channel ages ago, some old guy was talking about it.

Yup, it occured on the Western Front during Christmas 1914 between the British and the Germans. It's a not so well known fact that these 'local' truces continued throughout the war in some areas.

Originally posted by LENS@Dec 13 2004, 10:45 PM

here we have an individual using this board as a momentary respite from the horrors of war only to continue to see images that ram home what he saw firsthand in Fallujah. It's like getting stabbed on the way home and having your friend stab you when you get in the front door.

those pictures were posted by me to give people some what of an idea of what is goin on over there. i feel people need to see it, especially people who are for the war or people that are buying into the bullshit the news is saying about the war getting better and what not. i also dont think after seeing this shit happen first hand that these pictures are goin to bother him that much. i just wanted to show some of the horrific shit goin on if it does bother the guy who just got back or if you find it unnecessary then go ahead and take them down.

Originally posted by LENS@Dec 13 2004, 10:45 PM

Im actully pretty into seeing the reality of shit. After reading this, I thought damn, That is some correct shit.. Its so on point I cant put it into words....

The whole point of this thread is to provide homie with a breath of fresh air, a little bit of space to step back from burnt corpses, headless bodies, plumes of oily black smoke and dead comrades. Why do you think he wasn't going into detail about the people he killed, the friends he lost or the chaos around him?

Then you fools come in and drop these flicks on him and the rest of us. He's supposed to feel comforted knowing the rest of us are regrading the horror of war as a mere "curiosity", a vulgar form of spectatorship that demands nothing more of us than the click of a mouse button?

Wow, great, we see the real side of war but he's lived it and I'm sure his moments of respite from it don't need to be continually reminding him of whate he has to go back to in a few hours.

You people are lacking in good judgement, class and respect.

Archived