so i survived the falluajah invasion

WhAt_dA_fUcK

Originally posted by LENS@Dec 13 2004, 11:42 PM

The whole point of this thread is to provide homie with a breath of fresh air, a little bit of space to step back from burnt corpses, headless bodies, plumes of oily black smoke and dead comrades. Why do you think he wasn't going into detail about the people he killed, the friends he lost or the chaos around him?

Then you fools come in and drop these flicks on him and the rest of us. He's supposed to feel comforted knowing the rest of us are regrading the horror of war as a mere "curiosity", a vulgar form of spectatorship that demands nothing more of us than the click of a mouse button?

Wow, great, we see the real side of war but he's lived it and I'm sure his moments of respite from it don't need to be continually reminding him of whate he has to go back to in a few hours.

You people are lacking in good judgement, class and respect.

this sums up how i feel but i couldnt express myself well at the very top of this page.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, didn't mean to repost that, honest. I don't know you but I wish you the best of luck. I have friends in Iraq and cringe whenever i hear of someone being killed over there. I don't support the war but I support the troops doing their job. May you and your friends have a safe passage home.

Originally posted by LENS@Dec 14 2004, 04:42 AM

The whole point of this thread is to provide homie with a breath of fresh air, a little bit of space to step back from burnt corpses, headless bodies, plumes of oily black smoke and dead comrades. Why do you think he wasn't going into detail about the people he killed, the friends he lost or the chaos around him?

Then you fools come in and drop these flicks on him and the rest of us. He's supposed to feel comforted knowing the rest of us are regrading the horror of war as a mere "curiosity", a vulgar form of spectatorship that demands nothing more of us than the click of a mouse button?

Wow, great, we see the real side of war but he's lived it and I'm sure his moments of respite from it don't need to be continually reminding him of whate he has to go back to in a few hours.

ok, i see your point and im sorry to bother him but to the rest of the people on this board who dont see whats goin on and are asking him all these questions just got to see whats goin on and not have to bug him about it.... i guess i could have started a new thread about this or something but this seemed appropriate so i posted them up...

Originally posted by dobsilla+Dec 14 2004, 05:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dobsilla - Dec 14 2004, 05:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LENS@Dec 14 2004, 04:42 AM

ok, i see your point and im sorry to bother him but to the rest of the people on this board who dont see whats goin on and are asking him all these questions just got to see whats goin on and not have to bug him about it.... i guess i could have started a new thread about this or something but this seemed appropriate so i posted them up...

[/b]

hey man, just so as long as you see where I'm coming from....

And onesecondple.....you're at the bottom of the fucking food chain for thinking you're being cute for posting that flick of that guy in the car. I didn't think I had any less faith in humanity but you just raised (lowered) the bar you dickhead.

look, lens, i didnt read the whole thread and just skimmed through, i wasnt trying to be cute or antying like taht, i was simply being curious, i see now that it was pretty stupid based on the content and subject matter of the thread. my apologies go to whoever it affected and am tryin to get the picture taken down, it was a simple misunderstanding.

Guest NoamChomsky

i'm back in iraq right now shamming in BIAP for the moment but the marines are not meant for these kinds of battles MOUT with m-16's instead of m-4s. fixing bayonets? what the fuck jarheads. good soldiers but they train as if the japs are coming back. stay safe man

thank god your safe what da fuck!!

i grew up on a base in saudi and was the last to leave with my moms and sister when iraq invaded kuwait..

in my view point, i feel the true weapons of mass destruction are the corrupt politicians who lied about starting world war 3.

when i lived in saudi, with the us selling arm to both iraq, iran, somthing like 8 million people were killed. with only 2 years of peace before what some say is another instigated us war, gw1...which hundreds of thousands if not millions of children died. not only through bombing and fighting but mainly through starvation and sanctions...

i have the upmost respect of those that serve in the military as my family was in the gulf war -sorta civilian style but we were in saudi from 80 with the USN..Vietnam Korea WW1 and WW2. In my opinion the missuse of the most powerfull military in the world is entirely blasphemy to what our country stands for.

making younger generations fight a war the chicken hawk politicians have been waging since the early 80s is probably one of the more criminal acts since hitler....

I put all our servicemen and women worldwide in our prayers.

dang, boxcarfilly, that was some touching words. But don't think that all media is twisted like that. I mean, sure mostly it's like that, but I have read some articles here and there written by reporters who were in Fallujah, and did get to read some horror stories. Like, recently, I read one that came from the NY Times, and it had interviews with soldiers before they died. Like, this one sniper was talking about how the insurgents were ready to take out the snipers one day, and he pretty much called that he was going to die. Sure enough, he did. They described such things as crossing the goddamn street as being a HUGE risk of dying. Tons more, but I can't remember. Just know that not everyone is painting you guys as the baddies.

What really gets me angry is that these young soldiers are facing war crimes charges.

You can not fault them for bad judgements made in the heat of battle. Even the Abu Gharib scandal....I can look past that. Our troops are fighting people who have been war hardened over the last 20 years.

War crimes? Thats the Bush administration. Not the soldiers. The ones who lied. If they really wanted to provide democracy in the middle east they should of taken over Saudi Arabia. Who's population is allready used to our bases and whose goverment does very little for the infrastructure and nothing for the civil rights of women. I have a few friends in the military and they joined to better their lifes and defend their country and its constitution. War is a brutal hellish experience no one should have to experience. Prior to the Iraq Iran war Iraq was the jewel of the middle east. Liberal, Cultural, top notch schools and medical institutions.

The war crimes committed by this administration...these neo cons who never went to war, who have very few family members who went to war have betrayed the military most, and have millions of bodies on their greedy hands.

I can not express my regret enough at the situation our generation is stuck in. The insurgents have nothing to lose. They were literally better off under Saddam and under sanctions. The Bush administrations decision to invade illegally not only plunged the country in a hellish chaos, but will scar many many lives of patriotic americans unneccissarily.

Much respect for having such a good outlook on it what da fuck.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Dec 14 2004, 06:20 PM

but I have read some articles here and there written by reporters who were in Fallujah, and did get to read some horror stories. Like, recently, I read one that came from the NY Times, and it had interviews with soldiers before they died. Like, this one sniper was talking about how the insurgents were ready to take out the snipers one day, and he pretty much called that he was going to die. Sure enough, he did.

believe this or not but we had the only NY times reporter with our unit...and yes a sniper did die in our unit....3 to be exact...ziolowski...is the one he was probably talking about...the rest died towards the end of the battle...

its wierd because i know the reporters they were good people...i remember when they went back to base to send in there pictures they bought us a shit load of ciggerates....they said it was the least they could do...

a little late, but i guess it was ww1, and it wasnt americans. whatever, moral of the story still stands. and i saw it on the hsitory channel as well.

lens, way to ruin the 'breath of fresh air' with a bunch of complaining. i agree that this thread was not the place to include the pictures, but i dont think it was malicious on dudes part. it was perfectly relivent here, just perhaps a little short sighted. either way, WDF is living this stuff every day, i doubt the pictures are gonna cause him to bat an eyelash.

what da fuck,

check your pm's.

Originally posted by WhAt_dA_fUcK+Dec 15 2004, 10:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WhAt_dA_fUcK - Dec 15 2004, 10:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Dec 14 2004, 06:20 PM

but I have read some articles here and there written by reporters who were in Fallujah, and did get to read some horror stories.  Like, recently, I read one that came from the NY Times, and it had interviews with soldiers before they died.  Like, this one sniper was talking about how the insurgents were ready to take out the snipers one day, and he pretty much called that he was going to die.  Sure enough, he did. 

believe this or not but we had the only NY times reporter with our unit...and yes a sniper did die in our unit....3 to be exact...ziolowski...is the one he was probably talking about...the rest died towards the end of the battle...

its wierd because i know the reporters they were good people...i remember when they went back to base to send in there pictures they bought us a shit load of ciggerates....they said it was the least they could do...

[/b]

Oh, I believe you. I didn't save the article, but that is definitely the sniper he was talking about. Also, the article started with a bunch of dudes running up some stairs, and the guy in the front getting shot dead and falling on top of the guy behind him. Also, there was a description of when some dude Simon something or other (or I might not even be close) who got shot in the leg. There was a picture of him being pulled from the street to safety. He later died. It's some sad stuff to read, man. Once again, us 12ozers/graffiti writers are glad that you're living, and I hope you can return to the good civilian life asap. But damn, at least it beats dying from a drunk driver or some shit, eh?

Originally posted by Rolln@Dec 13 2004, 09:07 PM

I asked my dads friends alot about these feelings about what they had to do and if they beleived in there cause. They all say we never really had time to think about it. We stayed as numb to that has possible for mental survival. It was summed up to me like this. One day we were about to the go into Laos A friend of my Dads said let me take your place today I have bad feeling and you have son at home. My dad aggreed.. Well The dude got killed that day with a few others. Later that same night my dad got drunk and was laughing about it. His freinds said no one thought that was wrong or foul or anything. Because it was the state of mind you stayed in so you can mentally survive something like that.

I read a book written by a huey pilot from vietnam and he described the same shit...when someone would tell him about a friend getting killed he'd get this sick grin and and start laughing and then have to run away in shame

I was once watching this fat tongan chick cross a main road and when she got the the last lane she got smacked by a car and landed on the footpath wailing in pain ...same deal, i was on a bus and start cracking the fuck up ...i had to get off the bus in embarrassment

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 13 2004, 06:21 PM

quick story... in ww2, there were american and german soldiers dug into fox holes in a field just a few hundred feet apart. it was the end of december, cold and shitty. for days they'd been there fighting. then all of a sudden, on christmas eve, they stopped and started singing christmas carols. in the morning, they all climbed out of their holes, and literally, just hung out, american and german, together. they played football. they talked (in whatever capacity they could). they traded hats, scarves, etc.

then the next morning, they resumed fighting as if nothign happened.

i think about that story everytime i think of war.

WWI dude

I really want to see those flicks that dobsilla and co posted up

....i can imagine what theyll be like but seeing as theyre the truth about whats going on i dont think they should be censored anywhere out of this thread ...although after going through it in person i doubt WTF would give a fuck

i propose a new thread for the pictures. thankyou.

sorry seeks i didnt know everyone already jumped on you with corrections

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 15 2004, 05:54 PM

a little late, but i guess it was ww1, and it wasnt americans. whatever, moral of the story still stands. and i saw it on the hsitory channel as well.

lens, way to ruin the 'breath of fresh air' with a bunch of complaining. i agree that this thread was not the place to include the pictures, but i dont think it was malicious on dudes part. it was perfectly relivent here, just perhaps a little short sighted. either way, WDF is living this stuff every day, i doubt the pictures are gonna cause him to bat an eyelash.

what da fuck,

check your pm's.

Complaining Seeking? Complaining? I was calling people on some very bad judgements. How are pictures of mutilated bodies "relevant" to a thread that was meant to be an escape from all that shit? And just because he sees it everyday, do you honestly think he wants to keep seeing it on his down time? Just because he doesn't bat an eye doesn't mean it being burned into his brain. It's gonna ride with him for life and we don't need to add to that. There is NO relevance behind it.

"Here bro, you just went through 48+ hours with no sleep and vicious combat. Have a beer, go on 12oz, here's a decpaitated bopdy, some burnt corpses, have a nice visceral reminder of what you get to go back to in 2 hours."

I'm not complaining, just pointing out how some folks lack a lot of common sense and class.

WHat Da Fuck, get back in one piece.

i agree with your whole point about insensitivity, lens, but i think the removal of the pictures is excessive. 12oz is one of the last places i'd expect outright censorship like that. the posts shouldn't have been removed. they could have been edited down to links instead if it was necessary.

get back safe WhatDaFuck.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 13 2004, 06:21 PM

quick story... in ww2, there were american and german soldiers dug into fox holes in a field just a few hundred feet apart. it was the end of december, cold and shitty. for days they'd been there fighting. then all of a sudden, on christmas eve, they stopped and started singing christmas carols. in the morning, they all climbed out of their holes, and literally, just hung out, american and german, together. they played football. they talked (in whatever capacity they could). they traded hats, scarves, etc.

then the next morning, they resumed fighting as if nothign happened.

The Christmas Truce

WTF, Glad you made it through alright, Civilians back home will never be able to truly fathom the shit we go through on a daily basis. Stay focused and remember complacency kills. Hope you see you back in So Cal in a few months when 2MEF gets here....I dont know about you but when I get back I'm drinkin a beer.

Semper Fi

Sarifs&Clips

AKA Gunny

Archived