need a little help.

aoneske

Ok I'm stuck between the options of finishing school ..to become a teacher or opening up a bookstore. I really want to do both but i see no way of getting both of them done.. So I figure I'll just do one of them but I can't decide... I know if I finish school that's more money I have to pay out of my own pocket... which means no money for me... but i really want to do this teaching thing. But If I open up a bookstore I can take out a loan and pay that off with the money I make off the bookstore.. I know there is a lot of competition out there with companies like Borders and Walden books but Fuck them! I'll put em' all outta business..then there is all the what if's ? fuck it I'm confused ..I NEED HELP...Please Help me! Oh yea I'm writing book too!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the only job you'll make money at teaching is if you're a college professor but that requires a PHD.

You also can bang your students and not get arrested for it.

Other than that, being a teacher in the public school system guarantees that you'll give some little fuck an F grade and then he comes back the next day and shoots you.

wut kind of teacher?...i mean if u actually wud like to teach people, and u have patience with people and u dont have a short fuse..then i would take that as an option...but also tqake into consideration that science and math teachers get paid more then any other subject...the whole bookstore is a good idea...u get to be ur own boss and u dont have to put up wit peoples shit...just go wit ur instincts(miss spelled?). i mean if one thing fails u still got the other option right??

Bookstore I think Is a good Idea but u guys put some stuff in perepctive for me ...If I finish my schooling to be a teacher... wut kind o teacher that would be a history techer... then I can save up money while teaching and be successful I already got $6,000.00 saved up from my shitty ass job right now...Then I could take a loan out too ... and u ask how I will put those big businesses out o business...Well I got one great friend that's actually smart ... and once u put in idea in her head she can't stop thinkin about it...so she will be the matermind behind all of my success...maybe i'll go into business with her! wuttya think?

Bookstore: meet http://www.amazon.com.

Bookshelves are like wallpaper at my house. My mom buys them like most people buy packs of cigarettes, there's at least one amazon.com package arriving each week. This is made possible by amazon. Don't try to compete with that shit. As much as it sucks, independent bookstores are on their way out.

Go to school and become a teacher, you'll have something you can work with later on and something to fall back on if your bookstore doesn't work out.

actually ..yes ..yes I do.. my friend works at a library and she talks to the people who come in and outta there and they tell her exactly wut they'd like to see in a bookstore and wut types of materials catch their attention we've been doin research on this for almost a year now... so yea i think i got wut the people want!

No, really. I've probably spent $15 on online books for every $1 I've spent on bookstore books, and that includes mega-chain bookstores. I try to shop at the local independent store, but it's such a hassle compared to 5 minutes of pointing and clicking. Finish school, you'll be glad you did.

They are right, bookstores are dying out... much like record stores. I can almost garuntee you won't do well. You've really got to have a love for it. If you seriously want to do it, you are going to have to live in your bookstore and work a second job.

I like bookstores alot. You can always find something you wouldn't have otherwise.

after a lot of thinkin and talkin over this with some more peeps I've decided to stay in school and finish wut i was doin...then somewhere a little later down the road I'll open up my bookstore ..so when it opens u all better come down to Chicago and buy some books, eat , and sip back on some beverages at my bookstore! thanx for the help

here's the basic breakdown.

1) people in general, are really fucking cheap.

2) people in general just love to bitch.

so yeah, I'm sure you've heard lots of stuff these people would like to hear. unfortunately there are not enough of them actually committed to what they bitch about to inable you to have a successful business venture. I'm not saying to give up. I'm just saying to put a LOT more thought into and come up with a good, feasible, working business plan. Do a google search for starting small businesses. Most likely there is someone near you that helps people get small businesses off the ground. You can be assured that they will give you good sound advice and also raise questions that you might not normally think of yourself.

Archived