Ashlee Simpson SNL

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Although she'd initially blamed her band, Ashlee Simpson took full responsibility Sunday for her lip-synching snafu on "Saturday Night Live," saying that her voice was ragged from too much work.

"I can't cancel something like 'SNL,' " she said in a post to her official Web site. "You and I know that even if I synched on it or not, I'd still get seen by millions, maybe even make a few more fans. I'll hold my head high and say I think it was silly of me to do it, silly of me to blame the band, I was just so f---ing embarrassed. But I don't think it did me much harm, and people will see that soon."

Though Simpson's first performance in the show — her hit "Pieces of Me" — went off without a hitch, the second, "Autobiography," was derailed when a pre-recorded track of her voice (singing "Pieces of Me") began playing while Simpson was holding her mic to the side and had her mouth closed. When the track came on, Simpson tried to dance a little jig instead, but after about 30 seconds, she exited the stage as her band continued performing. The show cut to a commercial.

At the end of the show, host Jude Law tried to help Simpson brush the moment aside by shrugging, "What can I say, folks? Live TV." For her part, Simpson initially placed the blame on her band. "I feel so bad," she told the audience. "My band started playing the wrong song. And I didn't know what to do, so I thought I'd do a hoe-down. I'm sorry. It's live TV. Things happen. I'm sorry."

An "SNL" spokesperson said that Simpson had planned to use a backing track, a common concert aid that allows singers to either lip-synch or sing along with a guide-vocal track, to augment her voice. A statement from Simpson's record label blamed a "computer glitch" that triggered "a cut from her album" to play instead of a drum cue.

In fact, Simpson had rehearsed the song live on Thursday (see "Ashlee Simpson Preparing To Take On Tara Reid").

Simpson has since been widely attacked for the snafu, with an interview she gave to Lucky magazine coming back to haunt her. When asked what her take on lip-synching was, she had told the magazine, "I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going to let my real talent show, not just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

Simpson's official Web site has been flooded with more than 10,000 posts, many of them negative. In response to the criticism, Simpson defended herself by blaming her hectic work schedule for wearing down her voice. In a post titled, "I'm trying!" she wrote, "Seriously, I don't sleep much for a start, and with flying from A to B and flying all over the f---ing place, it's just getting to me. And it showed. Joke is on me, you seem to enjoy it." In response to her Lucky magazine quote, she posted, "I know what I said, but when I get as worn out and beaten down as I do, sometimes I do not have the energy or the voice left. I have almost lost it due to nonstop moving about. So it is the only option."

ha, her 15 minutes are over....

i feel sorry about the band. see, there job is her back up band and they can make alot out of it...but they have to really devote alot to the tour shit...so now that she fucked up soo bad,blamed it on them, she out and so is the band..and they work waaay mutch harder than she does.

the fact that she fucked arownd and WALKED OFF STAGE shows she is NOT A MUSICIAN to any extent..the band kept playing hoping she co9uld come back and sing the fucking song..but NOOOOOOO.

if you mess up, you eather restart or just keep going. SHES OUT.

good luck band guys, because now they are scorn as the ashly simpson band, they wont get another pop gig in a looong time...good luck fellas.

Guest willy.wonka

hahaha, i've heard and wanted to see that... i think its some producer that wants to kill her singing career, for now on its just ACTING for her now.

Originally posted by CRAMPS+Oct 25 2004, 03:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CRAMPS - Oct 25 2004, 03:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i feel sorry about the band. see, there job is her back up band and they can make alot out of it...but they have to really devote alot to the tour shit...so now that she fucked up soo bad,blamed it on them, she out and so is the band..and they work waaay mutch harder than she does.

good luck band guys, because now they are scorn as the ashly simpson band, they wont get another pop gig in a looong time...good luck fellas.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-JUDONO?@Oct 25 2004, 04:48 PM

dumb bitch!

didnt someone in here say that they knew someone in her band?

Yea, I'm good friends with the drummer Chris. I feel bad for him being blamed initially but I honestly don't think this is such a big deal as people are making it out to be. He said on the European tour they hardly ever played without pre-recorded tracks, band including. He also went on to tell me that alot of musicians do that, which is no suprise, so for people to act like this is such a new thing is a joke. A good majority of pop musicians lip sync, no shock.

And cramps, I don't think the band is going to be shunned as much as you say they are... I know for a fact that the drummer is really talented and pop is not the type of music he comes from, he just is getting paid. To the best of my knowledge the band didnt even record the songs with the exception of the main guitarist, it was all studio musicians... which is also common practice in alot of mainstream music.

When I talk to the Chris again I will see what he thinks about it all...

PS. That jig dance thing she did was goofy as fuck...

This bitch looks exactly like Eminem in drag....in fact, it probably IS Eminem in drag!! You queers outa be ashamed of yourselves for wanting to bone a dude...... :yuck:

If I was in her band I'd drop the hoe and find a new lead singer w/ some real talent.

Archived