Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

Iceberg was hot before 2001, it was at its prime in the late 90's Coogie too (biggie raps a verse about coogie, "coogie down to the socks"). Anything after Y2K, the quality of both brands went dddoowwwwnnnnn. Bad move for those companies.

YO RAVEN.. What are your thoughts on evisu? I think the denim is crazy nice. I just hate the fact that the gullwing logo looks like mcdonald arches on your ass. Haha.

D90 - Word sun, been in the game for too dam long.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by slum@Oct 14 2004, 12:24 PM

I don't want to be sexist or anything but is it really necessary to wear women's jeans?

go to a tailor...

I feel weird

well alot of retailers are trying to sell their jeans as unisex such as Diesel... i know where i work they tell us to tell the customer to visit the other sex's section if the jean style their looking for is more of that style

Guest imported_Tesseract

I think Raven is the man to answer that, personally i'm a bit conservative with clothing in general and my idea of looking sharp is more based on classic values. I dont really like thin denim and absolutely hate pre-worn out jeans, the rivec was simply awesome cause while looking totally classic it had a much more nice fit than any classic jean, lower waist, a bit baggy but still fit and great details. Most importantly the fact that its tough enough so time and everyday use work wonders on it..i hate the fuckin diesel guys for removing that one and keeping all the trendy-ridiculously worn out ones.

Having said all that, that site raven posted trully has some tasty denim.

If you really want something, get evisu.. . trust me.. . but not all are knif.. . errr. ripstop*.

The denim for evisu is made with love and patience.

If you dont like the logo, get the painted ones. They come off with the wash.... i hate when people rock evisu's and dont want to wash the denimn because it'll fade liek crazy.. well duhh.. it'll fade because evisu uses rare indigo flowers to dye their jeans.

later club 40 40 is calling..

d90

dow,

after haggling with all this expensive jean bullshit, going out, trying on a bunch of different brands: seven, evisu, paper denim, etc, all between $140-$200, i finally settled on a $44 pair of levis 527's and couldn't be happier.

i still wouldnt mind a pair of paper denim's, but that's just sort of vanity talking, and me thinking i'll be able to pull girls for rocking some underground shit.

unless you're on some homo status shit, check out levi's, gap or express, then spend the remaining $100 on fried chicken, malt liquor and a stolen gun. thats the real shit.

Originally posted by seeking@Nov 17 2004, 10:45 AM

unless you're on some homo status shit, check out levi's, gap or express, then spend the remaining $100 on fried chicken, malt liquor and a stolen gun. thats the real shit.

amen. nobody cares what jeans you're wearing. nobody cares that you have $400 pants. people see jeans, khakis, whatever the fuck and walk right by.

i buy gap jeans on sale for 20 dollars and wear THEM for years. i'd say thats more "worth it" in the end, if you ask me.

im sure there are people who do care, but seriously what the hell do i care what another dude thinks about my clothes? you wanna suck my dick? then dont worry about what i wear.

if people want to spend their money on the stuff, thats all them, doesnt bother me at all, but quit trying to front like theres anything more than a false asthetic difference.

Good jeans are the shit, but the best feeling pants I have ever worn are from Club Monaco, everyone go try on a pair of their cut 2 or 3 pants, you will love them. That being said I have some small brand french jeans that cost 260, and I almost never wear them because I love my Club Monaco too much.

Maybe i missed something..but when it comes to fasion and clothes you almost never pay for quality, and with quality i mean durability..You always pay for style/brand etc. If you want a pair of everlasting jeans just go to the nearest supermarket and buy a pair of unwashed straightcut blue jeans for 20 dollars...

and while you're there, take all the free 'apartment finder' magazines, and all the copies of 'cat fancy' and use them in place of toilet paper.

even more savings!

after saying all that, i'm back on my stupid expensive jean kick. ha. i think it's mostly because i realized my levis dont fit like i'd like them too. if i was 5'10" and 165, everything would fit me awesome...but i'm not. oh well.

it's funny how little i knew about jeans when this all started, and how ridiculously much i know now. i can break down company lineages, styles by brand (both guys and girls) and give the different selling points of each.

i need a new hobby.

Originally posted by DESTROY90@Nov 16 2004, 02:18 PM

it'll fade because evisu uses rare indigo flowers to dye their jeans.

Oh shit, someone bought the marketing hook, line, and sinker. Indigo isn't a "rare flower." It's the oldest dye known to man, and pretty much every pair of jeans were dyed with it before the 80s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_dye

Historically speaking the reason indigo was wanted so much is the same reason it became the color of royalty, it was expensive to get. Depending on how you make it now it can be a little more expensive to get, but not a $300 difference. The reason you pay so much for evisu is because it is evisu. That said I'm considering a new pair of evisu jeans or a blazer, probably getting the blazer though.

Has anyone read "Napoleon's Buttons"? It's a really good read.

Tribal_man wrote: Historically speaking the reason indigo was wanted so much is the same reason it became the color of royalty, it was expensive to get. Depending on how you make it now it can be a little more expensive to get, but not a $300 difference. The reason you pay so much for evisu is because it is evisu. That said I'm considering a new pair of evisu jeans or a blazer, probably getting the blazer though.

Tribal_man is correct. Evisu are great jeans, great denim with a great logo and 'brand story' and you pay for that.

"Cool" costs.

Great topic BTW.

Originally posted by Misteraven@Dec 1 2004, 02:56 PM

hey ringring, good to see you here. i thoroughly enjoyed reading up on the knowledge you've been dropping on superfuture.

welcome aboard.

Hey Raven, nice to be hear and thanks for the welcome. I've always enjoyed your posts on Superfuture, which is pretty much the reason I came by here. (I don't post on many forums). Good to see some denim aficionados.

I'll be back in NYC in spring and will no doubt be doing 'the denim shops' LOL.

Great board you have here.