Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i ment the market and the japs participating in the game. not the denim they make. hell i cant hate RRL uses jap denim. what i ment was japs running up the prices on vintage meets and buy backs. and japs playing out shit and creating hype beasts so to speak... i still respect US Cone Mills selvage denim and anything woven on US shuttle looms...

grey denim is better for fading and wiskers etc etc. i only have one pair of RRL black denim and only have worn them once. not totally my thing but i did need a pair for the collection. i would say you will get nice fade etc if you wash them once with a coin size amount of bleach or get at them with fine grit sand paper.

• 4 weeks later...
What are your opinions of Naked and Famous?

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com

They don't seem bad for the price. I like the fact that Neiman Marcus has a few of their stuff I can actually try on rather than ordering/exchanging/refund.

I peeped the n and f jeans a couple of days ago, I dunno they seem very flimsy compared to my rrl's. My guess they are 12-13 oz. and rrl's are 14.5 oz. But I like my jeans extra rigid (pause) and the naked and famous folded over when I picked them up. Rrl's were like plywood.

Cop them and report back, maybe they're the shit, maybe not. How much do they run? Seems like they're the next nudies.

If you got a barney's they got a nice selection of selvedge as well.

Ha. I just scrolled up and saw I had a link to Naked and Famous' site about Japanese denim up top. From the look of things, they start at $125. I did a brief research on the company and its owner and decided why not. I plan to cop these.

011083zoom6.jpg

Here's another link to the same pair elsewhere, although I noticed the button upfront is different.

I didn't announce it on here, but I recently acquired this on sale.

crooks-krew-denim-5.jpg

I let my brother wear them one night and he blew chunks and pissed in them. They went into the washing machine then into the dryer (gasp!). I wasn't the one doing the washing, but oh well. They got ridiculously hairy/fuzzy, extremely faded, and looked like faggot pants on me so I slept in them and wear them almost everyday to stretch them back out.

I don't want to say I've become some denim freak, but this shit is quite fascinating if you ask me. The fade, whiskers, honeycomb is cool and all but that's not my main concern in buying denim jeans. What can I say? I buy what I like. When I get the N&F jeans, I'll post flicks and "review/compare" them to the APC New Standards I just ordered. I was very tempted to order the Nudies Grim Tim: Dry Dirt Organic because the orange lining is LOUD.

884_20090321143915109202.jpg

I am very well aware that all the money I am blowing on all these jeans can go to something "better", but I don't really feel like doing so (at the moment). I checked out the Imogene & Willie page and saw a pair I like so we will see. The pics you or whoever posted when visiting their shop was pretty neat.

My brother plans to buy these Burberrys so that's another pair of jeans I can wear.

0e15ca5cd4adb54b5ad6d59c697c3e6c4ab15e70?$prod_main$

Oh yeah. This is cool: http://hypebeast.com/2011/11/raleigh-denim-hand-dipped-indigo-video/

/end terribly structured post due to tiredness

Thanks! I look forward to it all. I've read that I'm supposed to buy one size smaller than my actual size to account for stretch, but fuck that. I'm content with these. I plan to coerce my brother into getting the New Cure's in place of the Burberry's though. That way I can utilize the aforementioned advice. Heh.

Haha true that. I wasn't planning on doing such a thing so think of it as a bad joke. :D My brother wore my black jeans for a night out and managed to vomit and piss himself retarded. My mom was off the following day so she washed it while I was at work. I measured the jeans after the wash and wore them. Straight up jeggings, brah. I compared the measurements to the APC Petite Standards and New Cure if I were to go two sizes down and noted the APCs were .5 - 1.25"inches longer in diameter at the thigh, knee, and leg opening. Needless to say, one size down would be the best choice.

The fit of the jeans after getting washed/dryer'd was absolutely ridiculous and I don't want to wear anything remotely close to those measurements ever. I don't understand why guys thinks it's epic to have their jeans literally hug their thighs and calves.

Oh yeah, I decided against the N&F's and moved forward with the Petite Standards (APC). The first pair of APCs I bought (as mentioned a few posts above) are the New Standards.

i wear APC 2 sizes down and they fit right within a week or two. short time.

and NEVER dry jeans! hell i dont even wash mine in a machine. but all this was discussed a few pages back.

i can't fuck with a handwash (because i'm lazy). Gonna visit my folks during xmas and they got a brand new dope samsung washing machine with all the "handwash" setting. cool story br0, just wondering what kind of detergent do you use? i've always used regular detergent for my jeans but i really didn't give a fuck back then and I want to make my RRL's last. I'm also thinking about using Dr. Bonners for the first wash, but again I'm lazy and don't feel like tracking that shit down. Is cheers for dark clothes sufficient?

edit: i see red is in here... how are those 501 STF's?

i dont really fuck with any detergent. i usually wear them into the shower and let the run off clean them then i scrub em a little. thats are for my best jeans. otherwise i would just use Woolite DARK. i have herd of Bonners but im like you, dont wanna go out of my way to find it...

• 4 weeks later...