Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Nudies hold up very well if you leave them unwashed for as long as possible.

I work in a dirty shop and have been wearing various pairs of them everyday for years, still unwashed and still look clean. Strange actually, because when you wash them or get them wet, they collect dirt/oils quickly.

this is funny. i only read the last page and its humorous at best...

you will not find another pair of jeans better then RRL, APC or Imogene and Willie... maybe Acne getting an honorable mention...some might be scared off of the prices but then you really dont want a good pair of Denim jeans and should stick to a pair of levis which are just fine...

i visited Nashville JUST to go to Imogene and Willie and it was such an amazing store and your jeans are fitted exclusively for you. then they get the tags sewn in, stamped and dated.

*EDIT FOR PHOTOS I TOOK DURING VISIT...

5284930848_9f7f441f14_b.jpg

5284930808_a8cfc17877_b.jpg

5284332949_42f53ca522_b.jpg

5284332905_cb804d8243_b.jpg

• Like 1

Barton rigid...

and take your RRLs to the store and speak to a manager they will replace that for free, they are usually really accommodating, not sure where you live but if you can get to the RRL barn in the Hamptons its unreal... also the Garrage on Melrose in LA is another great location of theirs...

as far as APC. my thing is how they wear in and honeycomb. out of all the denim i wear APC by FAR wear in the best. with that said the quality of denim is not that of RRL or I&W... so they wont last as long but fuck they just wear in so ill...

im such a nerd

for sure size down two. the stretch is so awesome and get to fitting perfect. i have one pair of "New Standard" and two pairs of "New Cure" the later prob fitting closer to levis and less stiff even from point of purchase...

yea i go to the RRL stores just to experience them and see all the cool shit they have. relics and one of ones. sick americana etc etc...

they have two in NYC though. one on Bleecker and one on Prince... Prince is a tad bigger but they are both tiny...

Went to Prince st location today and the manager told me he would replace my jawns. super excited about that. he told me that i was the second person today to complain about the rivets falling off. i've been to the bleeker one before and your right both are mad small. first time at the prince st location.

Mission accomplished. Exchanged my jeans with another pair today. The manager I talked to yesterday was not in and some tpwf fuck decided to give me mad attitude. First he couldn't find my size until his more helpful coworker checked the shelf right next to the one the lazy tpwf checked. Then it was a game of 20 questions on how I acquired my jawns. Who keeps receipts for gear that was purchased 6+ months ago? Fucker.

Scott Morisson of Evisu (yuck!) fame just opened up a "high end" denim store on Mercer in NYC.

cant say im a fan. the place is too clean and the price points are fucking wilding. if you want a custom pair its 150.00 just to talk about it (set up a consultation) and the cheapest pair are 500.00. you can walk in off the street and purchase a ready to wear pair for about 300 and up. the brand is called 3x1. im sure his name will carry him a bit with this endeavor because of all his Evisu minions but for how good he made shit when he was at Paper i think he has fallen from grace. the workers there trying to pop off saying "we are the only place in the world that offer this service". i mention I&W has since 07 and one dude dindt even know what that was. if your gonna open a spot like this up you have to hire people in the know with high end denim or even denim in general.

the upside of this place are the looms of denim and how many different types they have. that part is unreal.

big pants are big! stitching designs are designed!

maybe we should take this to PM haha its like me and you in two threads...

its too bad this section is so dead, there are a few really cool threads. same threads might even get some momentum in ch0...