Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Price points on high-end denim?!

redline usually means it's made with selvage denim, which in turn has a 'red line' going down the inseam

edit: redline doesn't always mean selvage denim.. selvage denim can have any assorment of colors in the 'selvage' inseam

• 2 months later...

i have a pair of APC new standards. i'm not really feeling the fit on them but then again, the person i got it from fucking hemmed the length 2 inches so it barely touches my heel so i have to sag it.

i also have a pair of nudie thinn finns. i love them to death. they are so soft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So this girl I'm dating now is all into fashion and shit and decided my $60 levis won't suffice so for Christmas she bought me two pairs of Citizens of Humanity. They look good and fit perfectly but after doing some research and finding out they cost $200+ a pair I don't even want to wear them. I gotta admit they're probably the best pair of jeans I've ever tried on but I know that I'll be paranoid the second I leave my house.. Its only a matter of hours before I end up dropping some shit all over them.

isnt that big of deal sprite, rock that shit. if you fuck them up get a new pair.

i mean you got 2 pair anyway.

got pictures of the fit?

Shit, when I fuck them up I'm most likely going back to levis unless she plans on buying me a new pair. I don't feel comfortable yet dropping that kind of dough on some denim, it's getting pretty tempting now that i've been rocking these though. As for the fits, here are the two pairs...

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=CITI-MJ45&c=Citizens+Of+Humanity+Jeans&d=b

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/product.s?productId=613713&source=category&index=4&prodIndex=124&listSize=314&pageIndex=12&perPageElements=10&categoryId=357038

WESC is not high end denim. they have decent basics like sweaters and shirts and such. infact i got this green/green/blue/blue/ (i think brown too) horizontally striped sweater from them.

but their denim isnt that great.

That begs the question then, what constitutes high end denim.

I realize that if a pair of jeans comes from china, then the denim is probably not high end, but what is the difference between wesc and say APC or something like that?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Anyone else into high-end denim (japanese and domestic selvedge). Personally I'd down to throw down a grip on nice denim, but the prices Rogan and PRPS is asking these days seems like a stretch. Seems like last year, they broke past the $200 barrier by going from $180 to $220. Today I was checking out Union NYC and now Rogans are all at $240 - $290 and the same exact denim PRPS was pushing last season for $240 is now $290. Granted PRPS is doing some nice stuff despit me still not being a fan of the short wide cut, but that seems awfully high even for a niche brand doing japanese selvedge. Granted I've dropped $450 for a pair of 45rpm's that were too sick to pass on, I don't think I'm willing to pay those kids of prices for domestic brands even if the denim is imported, or especially for domestic denim.

Any one else into premium denim kinda turned off by this?

On a similar note, what's up with all the companies also asking $50 - $65 for simple t-shirts?!

Thanks you for the post.

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Movies Online Free

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Went Xmas shopping in Woodbury commons. My wife bought me RRL jeans for $56! Japanese selvedge denim for that price is unheard of. Needless to say I'm psyched. Btw, all double RL merchandise is 75% off lowest ticketed price. These jawns cost $325 retail.

from what store