Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misteraven

Price points on high-end denim?!

Originally posted by skem@Oct 11 2004, 11:23 PM

The edge of a fabric that is woven so that it will not fray or ravel.

kind of... it describes an old technique for making the denim fabric. back when it was done on shuttle looms, they could only make it so wide. as a result you could actually see the ends of the fabric and how they were finished off. most jeans try and immitate the look by weaving or stitching the end, but selvedge looks different. It's not so much this reason that the fabric is appealing, but rather the distinct twist that selvedge has when constructed into a pant, and more importantly, the unique character the fabric has from being made by such a crude technique. all the imperfections in the denim makes each one a little different, and because it's a relatively slow manufacturing process, you can usually count on the jeans only being made in relatively small batches.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

one thing I have to say......

CK makes some of the finest jeans I've ever owned.

And the best part.... the pocket lining is black!!!

Plus they are soft as sin and just the right shade of blue.

Sure they aren't handmade fancy pants,

but in the 'under-100' category, they're tops

i went through a brief period where i wanted to drop a grip and get one good pair of jeans i'd have forever. then i realized that no matter how careful i try to be, i get paint on absolutely everything i own. i do not want a pair of jeans i have to be paranoid about wearing.

instead i got 5 pairs of levis, onsale for $22-$24. sure enough, after two years, only one of them is still 'active'.

fast forward to last week... i'm at my ex's, and she made me put on this new pair of seven's she'd just gotten. now, i was skeptical of putting on girls jeans, but i'm a sucker for blow jobs, so whatever, you do what you have to.

i cant front, them jawns fit kind of nice.

now i have a dilemna. do i suck it up and drop $150 on a pair of jeans?

raven (or anyone)

what is a good brand under $150 (or there a bouts)? it's got to be low-rise and made for skinny guys without asses. i would bite the bullet and buy girls jeans, since i know they're cut differently, if there was a specific one that was ultra-hype. all i know of are the shits jay z talks about. ha. seven, evisu, etc.

raven? anyone?

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 13 2004, 05:26 PM

i went through a brief period where i wanted to drop a grip and get one good pair of jeans i'd have forever. then i realized that no matter how careful i try to be, i get paint on absolutely everything i own. i do not want a pair of jeans i have to be paranoid about wearing.

instead i got 5 pairs of levis, onsale  for $22-$24. sure enough, after two years, only one of them is still 'active'. 

fast forward to last week... i'm at my ex's, and she made me put on this new pair of seven's she'd just gotten. now, i was skeptical of putting on girls jeans, but i'm a sucker for blow jobs, so whatever, you do what you have to.

i cant front, them jawns fit kind of nice.

now i have a dilemna. do i suck it up and drop $150 on a pair of jeans?

raven (or anyone)

what is a good brand under $150 (or there a bouts)? it's got to be low-rise and made for skinny guys without asses. i would bite the bullet and buy girls jeans, since i know they're cut differently, if there was a specific one that was ultra-hype. all i know of are the shits jay z talks about. ha. seven, evisu, etc.

raven? anyone?

seeeking: i think you would like the brand Club Monoco (sp?) they got some nice jeans for under $125.... other than that, you can always try Express...which are around 50-80.... can't say that these are really good brands or not, but they do fit nice, if you find the right pair of pants..... however, for baggier jeans and what not, just look up L-R-G, their jeans are pretty damn nice... and not too expensive either.... but as i said before, they're not the slim fit kinds....more like the baggier, loose fit

and i know a lot of haters, hate on Deisel jeans, but they are pretty nice.... a little on the expensive side...but whatever....but like i said, some people will hate on you, but at least your gonna be gett blowjobs...... THE CHOICE IS YOURS

L-R-G jeans are really really dope...

the jeans are very well made... all diff styles, and nice little touches that really seperate them from the other bullshit... L-R-G on a whole is dope as all hell... and i aint just saying that cause they give me free clothes...

im sorry man, i cant fuck with club monaco.

i cant even fuck with express.

if you knew the dudes around here that sported that shit, you'd totally understand. i'd rather pay extra and floss lucky's or something.

thanks for trying though.

what i really want is something that feels super good/soft, and looks right. i wear my shit really low, but not super baggy. this creates a problem because it gives me thatundesirable 'ass sag'. not fresh.

to quote my man charlie hustle 'pants saggin, lookin like i done dookied on myself

Originally posted by skem@Oct 13 2004, 03:01 PM

i was about to suggest diesel, they go for about 150

but now you aren't? ha. i'm confused.

diesel are cool, but them shits is real mainstream now. they're kind of the abercrombie of the hipster world. then again, if they're nice, fuck it.

this jeans shit is making my head fucking hurt.

why the hell can't google just give me a fucking website? go try and find seven's site. i bet you cant. you can find a million people trying to sell you it, but a single one that is it. thats bullshit.

all this fashion shit is such a pain in the ass. this is why i wear discount levis, cause that shit is easy.

girls sevens are definitly a nice fitting jean. the giys are a little bit baggier, i don't like them as much. if your looking for tighter fitting jeans i'd offer a few suggestions. if your down with picking up some diesels i'd look into the hushes. they are a female pant, but i know tons of guys who wear em and they fit quite well on guys. there definitly a lower fit andthe legs are quite nice. if your looking for some cheaper jeans i suggest you go check out gap women stretch boot cut. there definitly a pant for guys who like tighter pants, but the fit is quite good. there also alot cheaper then the diesels so thats a defintie plus. other then that i'd jsut go to your nearest store and start trying jeans on. tell the sale people exactly what your looking for and chances are they can help you out.

is it really necessary for guys to wear women's jeans? i think not. girl jeans are made for the female body, hence curves. but not too many guys i know have curves (no homo)......

but i've never tried on girl jeans....

do they really fit that well? cuz when i think about guys who wear

girl jeans, i think of those emo fag asses who have to wear thongs

just to get into those tight ass, so called "jean" pants,

which really look like spandex

i don't want 'tight' at all. just not uber baggy.

all i know is that my girls sevens that i tried on, besides being real tight on the sack, fit me better than any of the jeans i own. i dont know what thats about, but whatever. i'll figure shit out eventually.

one of the things i like about the girls, is they're a lot lower cut that guys pants. i dont want a 10" crotch seam, thats still too high.

fucking poor me. ha.

Originally posted by sarcasm@Oct 13 2004, 11:10 PM

is it really necessary for guys to wear women's jeans? i think not. girl jeans are made for the female body, hence curves. but not too many guys i know have curves (no homo)......

but i've never tried on girl jeans....

do they really fit that well? cuz when i think about guys who wear

girl jeans, i think of those emo fag asses who have to wear thongs

just to get into those tight ass, so called "jean" pants,

which really look like spandex

it all comes down to how you like your jeans to fit i think. i prefer fairly tight jeans so girls jeans work well for me. i agree with seeking on cut is a big difference. a long crotch is something i've enver enjoyed to much, so by wearing lower rise womens jeans it helps cut down on this problem with for me. and for seeking if you don't want tight jeasn i'd suggest still checking out girls pants but most likely your'll be happier with mens. my suggestion would be checking out the diesel zathans, or the diesel raboxs. there both a bit of a straight leg not to tight, not baggy jean.

i once seen a pair of Iceberg jeans with a $875 price tag on em,thats fuckin retarded,if i was bill gates i still wouldnt drop that on some jeans,shit dickies and 50 dollar jeans suit me well

For under $150 I'd probably go for a pair of Paper Denim & Cloth, Levi's Vintage, or Diesel depending on the cut and wash you like. Personally I'm not a fan of Seven jeans for guys, but that's just me. L-R-G isn't even in the same category as what we've been discussing. They might have cool shirts and hoodies, but their denim is some cheap crap straight out of China.

my signature notwithstanding, i can't hang with spending too much on jeans to look fly in. i ride my bike everywhere (read: ass worn out) and manage to have silver dripped all over everything i own. it just ain't worth it for me. i get the same size color model of levis every six months. besides, last thing i need is another expensive habit to complement my sneaker habit.

Originally posted by Misteraven@Oct 9 2004, 02:47 PM

Granted I've dropped $450 for a pair of 45rpm's that were too sick to pass on

may i come be your personal live-in maidservant?

dropping money on designer shit and servers like its hot...

I actually might spring for some unwashed rigid indigo shrink to fit 501s if I can find them around here.

I don't want to be sexist or anything but is it really necessary to wear women's jeans?

go to a tailor...

I feel weird

go to a tailor?

wtf? are you serious?

anyway i dont mean to judge

but dont you guys feel duped

when you spend hundreds of

dollars on a pair of jeans?

i rock levis and gap bootcuts

and cant bring myself to even

pick up a pair of volcoms at $60.

how do you do it?

one love.

I know this may seem weird. But if you live in nyc, I would suggest checking out Bloomingdales. Yea the original store. At the end of the season, they always seem to mark thier denim down. I gotten $150 Joe Jeans for $15. Same with special ed. Levis, and Earl Jeans.

Originally posted by foulphil@Oct 14 2004, 07:03 PM

At the end of the season, they always seem to mark thier denim down. I gotten $150 Joe Jeans for $15. Same with special ed. Levis, and Earl Jeans.

on that note any other suggestions about

where to get discounted designer denim

preferrably around chicago for me at least.

one love.

go to a tailor?

wtf? are you serious?

For alterations--I'm just tryin' to help, I mean I'm not the one wearing ladie's seven jeans.

Jesus Christ what? Am I worried about? My image on 12 Oz?

Originally posted by foulphil@Oct 14 2004, 05:03 PM

I know this may seem weird. But if you live in nyc, I would suggest checking out Bloomingdales. Yea the original store. At the end of the season, they always seem to mark thier denim down. I gotten $150 Joe Jeans for $15. Same with special ed. Levis, and Earl Jeans.

word, i am never paying full price for wardrobe staples again. fuck. i bought some 90 dollar diadoras when they first came out. i saw them early this week for 20. fuck that, i can wait.