Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

im sorry man, i cant fuck with club monaco.

i cant even fuck with express.

if you knew the dudes around here that sported that shit, you'd totally understand. i'd rather pay extra and floss lucky's or something.

thanks for trying though.

what i really want is something that feels super good/soft, and looks right. i wear my shit really low, but not super baggy. this creates a problem because it gives me thatundesirable 'ass sag'. not fresh.

to quote my man charlie hustle 'pants saggin, lookin like i done dookied on myself

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this jeans shit is making my head fucking hurt.

why the hell can't google just give me a fucking website? go try and find seven's site. i bet you cant. you can find a million people trying to sell you it, but a single one that is it. thats bullshit.

all this fashion shit is such a pain in the ass. this is why i wear discount levis, cause that shit is easy.

girls sevens are definitly a nice fitting jean. the giys are a little bit baggier, i don't like them as much. if your looking for tighter fitting jeans i'd offer a few suggestions. if your down with picking up some diesels i'd look into the hushes. they are a female pant, but i know tons of guys who wear em and they fit quite well on guys. there definitly a lower fit andthe legs are quite nice. if your looking for some cheaper jeans i suggest you go check out gap women stretch boot cut. there definitly a pant for guys who like tighter pants, but the fit is quite good. there also alot cheaper then the diesels so thats a defintie plus. other then that i'd jsut go to your nearest store and start trying jeans on. tell the sale people exactly what your looking for and chances are they can help you out.

is it really necessary for guys to wear women's jeans? i think not. girl jeans are made for the female body, hence curves. but not too many guys i know have curves (no homo)......

but i've never tried on girl jeans....

do they really fit that well? cuz when i think about guys who wear

girl jeans, i think of those emo fag asses who have to wear thongs

just to get into those tight ass, so called "jean" pants,

which really look like spandex

i don't want 'tight' at all. just not uber baggy.

all i know is that my girls sevens that i tried on, besides being real tight on the sack, fit me better than any of the jeans i own. i dont know what thats about, but whatever. i'll figure shit out eventually.

one of the things i like about the girls, is they're a lot lower cut that guys pants. i dont want a 10" crotch seam, thats still too high.

fucking poor me. ha.

Originally posted by sarcasm@Oct 13 2004, 11:10 PM

is it really necessary for guys to wear women's jeans? i think not. girl jeans are made for the female body, hence curves. but not too many guys i know have curves (no homo)......

but i've never tried on girl jeans....

do they really fit that well? cuz when i think about guys who wear

girl jeans, i think of those emo fag asses who have to wear thongs

just to get into those tight ass, so called "jean" pants,

which really look like spandex

it all comes down to how you like your jeans to fit i think. i prefer fairly tight jeans so girls jeans work well for me. i agree with seeking on cut is a big difference. a long crotch is something i've enver enjoyed to much, so by wearing lower rise womens jeans it helps cut down on this problem with for me. and for seeking if you don't want tight jeasn i'd suggest still checking out girls pants but most likely your'll be happier with mens. my suggestion would be checking out the diesel zathans, or the diesel raboxs. there both a bit of a straight leg not to tight, not baggy jean.

For under $150 I'd probably go for a pair of Paper Denim & Cloth, Levi's Vintage, or Diesel depending on the cut and wash you like. Personally I'm not a fan of Seven jeans for guys, but that's just me. L-R-G isn't even in the same category as what we've been discussing. They might have cool shirts and hoodies, but their denim is some cheap crap straight out of China.

my signature notwithstanding, i can't hang with spending too much on jeans to look fly in. i ride my bike everywhere (read: ass worn out) and manage to have silver dripped all over everything i own. it just ain't worth it for me. i get the same size color model of levis every six months. besides, last thing i need is another expensive habit to complement my sneaker habit.

Originally posted by foulphil@Oct 14 2004, 07:03 PM

At the end of the season, they always seem to mark thier denim down. I gotten $150 Joe Jeans for $15. Same with special ed. Levis, and Earl Jeans.

on that note any other suggestions about

where to get discounted designer denim

preferrably around chicago for me at least.

one love.

Originally posted by foulphil@Oct 14 2004, 05:03 PM

I know this may seem weird. But if you live in nyc, I would suggest checking out Bloomingdales. Yea the original store. At the end of the season, they always seem to mark thier denim down. I gotten $150 Joe Jeans for $15. Same with special ed. Levis, and Earl Jeans.

word, i am never paying full price for wardrobe staples again. fuck. i bought some 90 dollar diadoras when they first came out. i saw them early this week for 20. fuck that, i can wait.

• 2 weeks later...

whats the deal with outlet store denim?

is it not as good as their boutique shit?

i constantly get jeans from polo/rl or guess from outlets.

they usually go for at most 50 bucks...sometimes 2 for 60 or someshit.

i only had one pair of guess fall apart on me within 1 month, but i think those were a lemon pair or something.

my polo jeans hold up pretty well.

outlet stores are referred to in the industry as strike out. this means anything they carry couldn't be sold by retailers, even after several rounds of sales (the discounts given at department store sales are generally absorbed by the brand) and after every regular retailer was given several chances to order the stuff at deep discounts. further, outlet stores are becoming increasingly dominated by margin builders that are predestined for strike out. these garments are generally designs and styles from older seasons or designs that didn't make the cut from a recent season, re-manufcatured using cheaper materials. for example in the case of denim, it'll usually be a much lighter grade of fabric, and often a much cheaper standard as well. further, often times they'll cut corners on trims, washes and finishing. Most consumers aren't sophisticated enough, experienced enough, or interested enough to realize these differences. Generally, they simply see stuff being sold in department stores for far more, and thus feel like it's a bargain when they see a garment by the same brand, for a bit less at an outlet store, never really catching onto the fact that it's a bait and switch type scenario. I'm sure most of you have that feeling in your gut while at an outlet that something isn't quite right about the clothes there. Irregular items are a very small part of what they stock at outlets since most of this isn't even released from the vendor manufacturing the stuff for the brand. Other strike out retailers include Marshall's TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, and many others. Your best bet is shopping at sales from regular retailers, but fact is you usually get what you pay for.

About 4 years back when I was staying in Berlin I dropped 190dm on a pair of Ecko pants with weird heavy-denim kneepads stitched onto them. I recieved stupid amounts of compliments and rocked those fuckers almost every day for 2 years until I eventually blew out the thighs from washing/hopping fences. Those were some damn fine jeans and they were just bullshit Euro-stock Eckos (which I might add, it seems most of the booty brands in the US send their nice stuff to Europe and not the US), but it was more than I've spent on any pants prior or since and I must say.. I can't imagine how nice denim get after you start paying $200+ a pair.

thanks for the info misteraven.

im the type of guy who doesnt really like their jeans for a good month.

so i would be hesitant to buy 200$ pair to take the chance of not liking them later.

ill buy the bargain jeans...and then buy 3 more pairs of the same thing a month later.

keep them around till each pair destroy themselves.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Oct 28 2004, 11:40 AM

About 4 years back when I was staying in Berlin I dropped 190dm on a pair of Ecko pants with weird heavy-denim kneepads stitched onto them. I recieved stupid amounts of compliments and rocked those fuckers almost every day for 2 years until I eventually blew out the thighs from washing/hopping fences. Those were some damn fine jeans and they were just bullshit Euro-stock Eckos (which I might add, it seems most of the booty brands in the US send their nice stuff to Europe and not the US), but it was more than I've spent on any pants prior or since and I must say.. I can't imagine how nice denim get after you start paying $200+ a pair.

Often times, brands license their name to licensees or distributors in foreign territories instead of shipping product. This is because there's usually a big different in style/taste from one place to another, and the assumption is they could more successfully predict and fulfill product in their own areas. Usually the main brand needs to approve the designs, but often times everyone is on such a tight deadline or disorganized that it never happens. Either way, this is why you see different cars, electronics, and clothing that differ from one country to another.

seeking, for under 150, shoot for paper cloth and denim.

i LOVE lucky jeans. im a fairly built guy and have a 35 inch waist... it's a bitch to find pants for me most of the time. either a 36 too big or 34 too tight on the legs... 35 is a solid rock. lucky has ALWAYS taken care of me, and as thin as some pair are, if you CARE for them you get 2 or 3 years out of them, and for 70-80 bucks i dont mind paint on a few of them. the only problems i see are the holes you do get rip alot, since it's cross-woven denim, almost the OPPOSITE of ripstop.

check out some stuff at guyshop.com they tend to have some nice stuff by up-and-comers and seem to stay in your price range. returns are easy there if you dont like what you get, or you could always find a style you like and see if you can find a place in your area that carries that brand... which is what i do.

yellowratbastard.com has some decent stuff too, a little lower in price but some good brands..

i haven't bought pants in a LONG time.. probably 6 months or so, fucking office job and no job before that. i'm now the ralph lauren / banana republic whore. but it's about time...

with bills and my hobbies eating a hole in my wallet every month i cant bring myself to spend more than 50 bucks for jeans. i still seem to find more than a few pair, usually for about $40. i usually just wear some plain diesel jeans, they fit me well and most people dont want them because they arent flashy enough for hipsters and they dont look like a homeless painter previously owned them, so they just get marked down all the time. i also wear G-star, their A-crotch series is the shit. can be pricey (more than 200 a pair sometimes) but i've been wearing them for a while and they would also get marked down cause people didnt know what they were.

I spend money on good clothes, simply because of three reasons:

1. I earn alllll my money and can spend it how I want

2. I like quality clothing, I understand the $50 levi argument, but I like to wear (real!) coogi, some iceberg, girbaud, davoucci (yesyesyes), mitchell & ness jerseys (300ish price tag on 1 jersey), etc.

3. Obviously design and look is important, as superficial as that might seem.

Tell you the truth, where I live we don't have any of those fancy schmancy brands yall got, seven prsps or whatever, I've never even seen those before. We just bout 5 years behind down herre. : (

Originally posted by JesusMachine+Oct 30 2004, 06:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JesusMachine - Oct 30 2004, 06:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Seldoon@Oct 30 2004, 12:41 PM

2. I like quality clothing, I understand the $50 levi argument, but I like to wear (real!) coogi, some iceberg, girbaud, davoucci (yesyesyes), mitchell & ness jerseys (300ish price tag on 1 jersey), etc.

you :gaga: got really bad taste.

[/b]

i wouldnt personally rock anything he listed but hey, to each his own. besides, he said everything is about 5 years behind where he is from. shit, i remember when Iceberg was the hottest shit around in 2001 and those horrible Coogi sweaters with the matching hats were "in" in 2000. shit, if you think about it, the shit he is rocking is actually a few months ahead where he is from. (just so you know, "button ups" and Lacoste Polos will be "in" next since Jay-z said he stopped wearing jerseys on the black album... just wanted to give you the heads up.)