- ATHENS 2004 - OLYMPIC GAMES -megathread-

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SteveAustin

bad ass without a doubt.

soooo cool that the greeks held up the ceremony for four minutes.

Yeah, that was definitely a powerful ovation. Can you imagine what a

feeling of accomplishment and pride that was?

He boned his wife TWICE that night, I guarantee it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

GREECE 78

P.RICO 58

Pussiest and antiathletic attitude ever, i used to like the PR team till now but after that i completely lost my respect...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hahahaha, yeah, we didn't even try to put up a good game. Julio Toro (our coach) sat most of the regulars down and had them rest off this game after the 2nd round spot was clinched. I only watched 3 minutes of the last quarter, saw what was happening, and didn't bother watching the rest.

On the upside, since we lost by more than 13 points, we don't have to start off against Argentina, which is almost a sure loss.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by El Mamerro

On the upside, since we lost by more than 13 points, we don't have to start off against Argentina, which is almost a sure loss.

Yeah, that was the plan to begin with...this aint no way to play any sport, really fuckin pussy.

The officiating at the Olympics is horrible. Its the kind were they make bad calls for one side and try to correct it by making a bad calls on the other side.

Plus olympic boxing is just weird. The way they score is ridiculous. They totally ignore body shots as scoring and what they do consider scoring they record inconsistently.

Originally posted by krie

Apprently she was 'exhausted'. I call it race fixing. She might have lost a medal, but she probably loaded up of some bookie.

Link: http://7sport.com.au/NewsFullStory112921.html

Its disgraceful I think, its the Olympics. Where you push yourself to the extreme, I think she could have finished the race. I hope she never gets to race at that level again.

Bro if you only knew....

Out of every sport i've ever competed in, crew was the hardest by far.

I can't tell you how it feels midway through a race when your muscles are filled to capacity with lactic acid and you can barely hold onto your oar, when the only thing keeping you going is adrenaline.

There are no timeouts or breathers or water breaks or strategies. It's just balls to the wall pulling your heart out, all while keeping in perfect unison with your other teammates.

She probably burned herself out too early and knew she was doing more harm than good by rowing sloppily.

Brownbread, in boxing theres 5 judges and they have a button for each boxer. when they see a shot that lands they press the button for that boxer. when 3 out of 5 judges hit the button at the same time it counts as a point.

its a shitty system, because the boxers change the way they fight just to make sure the judges can see punches land. But on the other hand, the fights have been exciting because dudes throw alot of punches with the hopes of getting a point.

woah, the guy on tv just said there was an earthquake in Greece today. The gods are angry....

That was so heartbreaking. I just knew something like that was going to happen to Perdita Felicien. I hope I didn’t jynx it by thining that.

And man, Cuba made a great comeback against Canada to take the baseball game! So now we have to play Japan for the bronze in a couple of days.

Originally posted by Brownbread?

The officiating at the Olympics is horrible. Its the kind were they make bad calls for one side and try to correct it by making a bad calls on the other side.

Plus olympic boxing is just weird. The way they score is ridiculous. They totally ignore body shots as scoring and what they do consider scoring they record inconsistently.

I agree. I've always thought that the Olympic boxing scoring is probably the worst scoring out of all the Olympic games. It's not the scoring system in Olympic boxing I don't like. I think the system itself is great. It's the judges that fail to count a lot of blows, yet count blows that don't really connect or are blocked. The system itself would prove to be more accurate if the judges operated it better. 5 judges, and if a minimum of 3 click the button for a punch, it counts as a point. Sounds like if operated properly, it would be more accurate than the proffessional boxing where judges just score it in their head and then score it at the end of each round.

Also they put points on the board in basketball way too slow. Many times they'll give 3 points for a 2 pointer and 2 points for a 3 pointer (even if they shot it from way behind the line). And they won't change it for minutes.

Guest imported_Tesseract

!@#$%, please explain

Today, the first world record in the Athens Olympiad took place..

http://www.athens2004.com/Images/Sport%20Gallery/Athletics/24%20August%202004/51086792AP667_WFI_pvltfl.jpg'>

Yelena Isinbayeva of Russia celebrates after she completed a world record attempt in the women's pole vault final on 24/08/2004

Today was a really awesome olympic day

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont see the problem homie, they didnt kill any athletes did they?:lol:

seriously, i call bullshit on you(both your sources and attitude). Where did you read that? find me a link or something cause i live here and havent heard shit.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

If Iraq wins, it's only because Bush was their trainer for the past 4 months.

how so? america sucks at soccer.

speaking of americans sucking....how in the hell did australia make it to the finals in baseball and you mofuggas are nowhere to be seen? shit, we even beat japan which i thought was astonishing. those niggas love them some baseball

Archived