Tunnels

niso

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by b0b

Anyhow www.hurtyoubad.com were thinking of doing a "mini-sub-site" gallery of photos taken in places you aren;t meant to be.

OH SHIT! Man, i totally forgot that i was supposed to be sending you some pictures, would you mind tossing me another email letting me know what i should send. Also, should i just attach all the images or how do you want me to go about doing that?

Originally posted by b0b

Personally I love going places you aren't supposed to go. Combination of the excitement of doing it and natural inquisitiveness.

Anyhow www.hurtyoubad.com were thinking of doing a "mini-sub-site" gallery of photos taken in places you aren;t meant to be. If anyone has photos taken in train yards, abandoned buildings, tunnels or any similar sort of place please email me on

b0b@hurtyoubad.com

and we can see what we can sort out.

Thanks

that would be sick....these pictures are well good...i would never go in any of these places though...scary shit

I've done some sewering and urban exploration type stuff in this area, but lost interest in it because:

a) The area I live in doesn't have a large amount of abandonment, and all the storm drains are combined sewage overflows that narrow very quickly. I already covered much of what I wanted to originally.

B) The attitude amongst the urban explorers is sort of a ,OMG MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS BECAUSE I HAVE A BETTER CODE OF ETHICS THAN YOU, type thing. They never pulled this shit on me, but just ask any new user over at infiltration who asked about taking something from a building that had been abandoned for 20 years and see how badly they got reamed. Fucking idiots.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

So, OK, with the excpetion of the possibilities of graffiti, what excatly do you do once you go in to these tunnels? "Oh wow a tunnel, OK let's go"....I've never understood the allure of this shit.....

Finding buried treasure.

yeah this thread is "ALLURING" haha

nice flicks..

there is something that pulls you into a tunnel..cant quite explain it.. and i've walked through tunnels where people hit it up..and its always fun to see that..its a nice suprise...feels kinda like a treasure hunt..mysterious..i dont know.. and i love driving through the tunnels.. reminds me of being younger and my dad always waking me up when we were driving to n.y. cause he knew that was my favorite part;]

Originally posted by BASF

"Thoughts, that i was in this this long, dark, tunnel....with a very bright light at the end...brighter than the sun...."

what is that from? i'm thinking a drum n bass song...i need to know...

while looking through this thread i was reminded of a KR.One anecdote from his interview at www.sixcentz.com ...

"In 1977 I started tagging. I wrote KROME ONE. MACE then told me that there was already a writer called KROME 100 so out of respect to an old school writer I changed my tag to KR.ONE. ..."

Six Centz: Any good stories?

KR.One: Here is one...This is great to me because I look back on it as an underground adventure. One Sunday morning I get a call from SICK NICK (SN)..he gets me on the phone and tells me he wants to go to this tunnel that MIN showed him in upper Manhatten on the A line. It went from 168 st to 175 st. So I said alright lets do a BORN 2 BOMB whole car for BTB (we later changed it BIG TIME BOYS)..So we met , I came prepared with the outline for piece and about 25 cans of paint. We meet on Broadway in Astoria and head up there. I'd never been there before so we take the RR to 34 st switch for the A.....meanwhile we both had about 50 cans with us ink and paint on our jackets..cops even checked us out but we get there. We wait for the train to pull out before we walk into the tunnel. The whole tunnel was on a right turn we walked for almost a block till we came to this staicase..took the staircase down, around a hall ...then there it was..an opening that led to an underground yard! Catacombs. It was spooky. All dimly lit and damp.. I was buggin' About 8 tracks fully laid up and we are ready to bomb. We lined up all our cans..Fed Green, Jungle Green, Cascade Green, Wet Look Lime, we had all these dope colors, Icy Grape..So we're like half way though it when all the lights went on in two trains. I got a nervous but SN said to hide under the car , that it was probably a work bumb or a cleaner. So we waited for like a half hour ..the lights went off and we crawled out and finished the whole car.. BORN 2 BOMB 1980...I could'nt believe what a get over that day was..after we finished the whole car we went and did about 25 throw ups each and we did insides! This is all at like 12:30 on a Sunday morning! We did'nt want to bring the leftover paint back with us, so we hid it under this big piece of metal that was covering a drain...we leave the tunnel..and right there on the wall ..KROME 100 SALSA.. I thought seeing that tag in that tunnel was really cool..so we hiked back to the neighborhood and told RCA, ROB 78 and FOME what we just did..they didnt believe us..but we knew it.. as a matter a fact I never saw that whole car again..we went back to that tunnel 2 weeks later and the paint was gone too..the lights went on again, this time we just broke out....but I'll always remember that day....no crazy chase story , a nice little get over story..BTB 1980..KR.ONE.. SICK NICK a fond memory.

great thread Niso. big up :cool:

• 10 months later...

Archived