bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 months later...

Blew my knee out training for a 24 hour enduro race. Been off the bike for over a month now - I was pulling up too hard when clipped in and grinding hills on my single speed. Heartbreaking being off the bike like this. Going from beating the shit out of myself 5 times a week to no exercise at all has even stopped me from being able to sleep properly. Sucks.

26er: '99 Schwinn Homegrown hardtail (6061 alum frame), 3x9, XT/XTR set up, Hayes nine discs (these are garbage, btw), fox vanilla R, Mavic wheels, can't think of the name

29er: Rocky Mountain Hammer 29 (reynolds 725 steel frame), 1x9, XT components, Race face cranks, Formula ORO k24 discs, Reba Race fork, sun ringle black flags

So both hardtail xc builds, obvious differences in gearing and frame material, but the geometry is where the difference lies.

The 26 is just so nimble and I feel like I can carve corners and pull cleaner lines with it.

The 29 is faster, but far less nimble. I almost feel like I'm floating on the Schwinn, even at lower speeds, whereas the RM feels like I'm on a horse...

got one of these cheapo gran royale bikes for commuting in skirts and/or crappy weather

not the aristocrat below, but cogsville or some shit.

not bad. but not even a little fancy.

i think nashbar made it. which i guess makes it a huffy.

very cheap though. can't remember the last new bike i saw under 2 hundo

cylcus-bike-shop-520x306.jpg

Do you watch American football?

Those dudes put on tight pants and touch each other as much as possible.

People that rule out biking because they can't imagine themselves in tight pants without thinking about gay sex have some serious issues they should probably confront before they get married...

Do you watch American football?

Those dudes put on tight pants and touch each other as much as possible.

People that rule out biking because they can't imagine themselves in tight pants without thinking about gay sex have some serious issues they should probably confront before they get married...

you're comparing a cyclist with a 250 pound man charging full speed at another person with his head first.

And I never brought up gay sex, you're the one who took it there.

I might sound like a douche bag, but I'm honestly JUST curious as to what the attraction to the sport is.

I'm comparing tight uniforms to tight uniforms. If you can get over it when its 250 pounds of muscle I don't understand how it can be questionable on people with less mass.

The attraction is in pushing yourself, in having fun, in enjoying nature, competition, technology, fitness, community, etc. The emphasis on fun. I've been riding bikes as a serious hobby since I was 11. Starting with BMX, moving on to mountain, and eventually road. I find a liberation when I'm out on the trail that I haven't found anywhere else in life. I truly disconnect from every bit of bullshit in my life.

I'm comparing tight uniforms to tight uniforms. If you can get over it when its 250 pounds of muscle I don't understand how it can be questionable on people with less mass.

Violence. I like violence.

The attraction is in pushing yourself, in having fun, in enjoying nature, competition, technology, fitness, community, etc. The emphasis on fun. I've been riding bikes as a serious hobby since I was 11. Starting with BMX, moving on to mountain, and eventually road. I find a liberation when I'm out on the trail that I haven't found anywhere else in life. I truly disconnect from every bit of bullshit in my life.

Thanks, now I can have a little bit more respect for the sport.

I might sound like a douche bag, but I'm honestly JUST curious as to what the attraction to the sport is.

for me, bikes gave me my earliest taste of freedom and it was an amazing feeling

i used a bike to earn money for a long time

and i have continued to commute to work on a bike well into adulthood

there is a great calm i get from riding.

it's fun, it's meditative, and it allows me to get shit done

it frees me from driving, which is only fun when there are no other cars on the road.

and it's just a cheap, easy way to get around that keeps me in good shape

i don't see it as a sport though, for me it's an activity, a hobby and a means to an end

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My buddy just gave me his old bike he left outside in the backyard for years. The fork shocks are frozen. I popped the top caps off and sprayed some WD-40 in there. Any other ideas? Should I actually heed to the warning sticker? I just want to ride on, skill level 1, fire roads with Mrs. Ko Sprueone.

res_Specialized_hyb-shockwarn_zpsqbrvvvhw.jpg.d89c8bfce11d69cbcaeb0de45c2a29d4.jpg

res_Specialized_hyb_zpsv1mquccf.jpg.05d55d10ab2553d561aa0ac270cb5aa8.jpg

res_Specialized_hyb-fork-t_zpsqwilusb3.jpg.d3c6bf94dc63a1ff70fe7ebf86a811be.jpg

Jeeeeeeeeeezuz!!

Dude, kill that thing before it kills you. And it will do so, either with frustration as you try to revive it or by breaking as it soon as it hits the first piece of gravel.

My fucking knee hurts. Hit ice as I was cornering last week. Hurts more now than when I did it.

Sitting on just over 3000km for this year so far. Will do some 24 endurance races later this year and early next.

• Like 1

Fist 666, D C, Your opinions and advice are sound, for that fork system is TOAST!

I got up early this morning and removed the scissor jack. I had cranked it almost all the way open. The forks compressed back down about half way so I thought it was good then. Then I put my weight over it for a test and it just compressed all the way back down and was stuck there again.

It's going onto the scrap metal guy's truck today when he rolls around

• 1 year later...

New Addition to the family; Commencal Supreme Racing 2010. I wasn't even in the market for a full suspension downhill bike, I'd been trying to source and old Banshee Morphine frame for years to make a hardtail DH rig. However, a dude around the corner from me was selling this for $500, which is an utter steal so I grabbed it. It's only six inches of travel on the rear, which is only one more inch than my trail riding bike. The last DH rig I had was eight inches on the back, so this sucker may get bottomed out from time-to-time.

However, the front triangle is exactly the same as what they use on their DH specific bike (this bike is fine for DH but it's kind of DH-lite, a 'park bike') so I know I can put 200mm of travel on the front with triple clamp forks and I'll keep my eye out for an old rear triangle from a 2010 DH Supreme and do the swap when the opportunity arises. Been years since I've bombed a DH trail, really looking forward to getting back into it.

405294387_KJHTHPd.jpg1.jpg.7c401b68673647af00bdfd8d9418d114.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...