bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Rubbish... what happened? I saw you in the race on lap one and then I saw you standing by the run-up a minute or two later.

My race... well, I didn't have a call-up and I was totally fine with that. No pressure, just ride my own race. I was mid-pack most of the way through the first lap. When I got over by the team tents, along that gravel section, a guy in front of me went down and there was no where for me to turn and nothing I could do. I flew. I landed on my head and right shoulder pretty good. Rang my bell for real. Took me about three to four minutes to catch my mind and I got back on my bike... with a lot of help from random people. I had the whole course to myself for about a lap and a half before I started catching stragglers. Eventually Trebon caught me, then went down shortly after, then about ten other A's passed me and then it was over. Somehow, I'm still trying to figure this one out, I finished 49th out of 84 riders.

Today, my head is pounding and I have severe neck pain. I keep thinking my collarbone might be broken, but it's hard to tell.

Missing next weekend...

damn joker, that sucks. head injuries are very serious business, if you feel off see a doctor.

rubbish, i've never raced but that seems like about as frustrating as it could be. better luck next race.

i'm on the last stages of putting my 29er together. its an awesome feeling, its taken so fucking long to build. i'll get pics up when she's complete... just in time for winter riding.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but about three months ago someone stole a bunch of stuff off my SS mountain bike. Well, I replaced everything with bits I had, and some cheap stuff I got from friends. I then locked it up to the bike rack, in the bike storage area, where it was before. I thought, it's locked up, now, it'll be fine. Wrong. I went downstairs to ride it and not only was all the stuff I replaced gone, but so were the wheels. Fucking pissed.

A bike that was locked up a few rows down had just about everything stripped off it except the frame, fork and wheels.

The shitty thing is, other than the obvious, that I live in a secure building, you need a key fob to get in or out. To get into the bike storage are you need your front door key. So that means it's someone in my building, or someone that knows someone in my building.

I'm hoping my homeowners insurance will cover the cost of replacing the bits with proper new ones... because I can't afford to buy that shit right now.

And I'm missing a CX race right now... twice bummed.

get your building to put in cameras and watch the fuck out of your building.

those rims should be fairly easy to identify. anodized red vuelta XCs, i promise those were the only set in your building, and probably 1 of 10 sets in all of portland, find the rims, find the cocksucker doing this.

sorry to hear man, that pisses me off to an unhealthy level.

I ran over squirrel the other day, got him with both wheels, I wasn't trying to and I'm not not proud, just sayin...

I guess he was enthralled with whatever was in the grass and I suprised him but suddenly we were racing in the same direction and he decided he could cut in front, WRONG. The bike went 'bump, bump' and the squirrel went 'SQUEAKY! SQUEAK!'. I posted over him w/ the back tire to try to lighten it up and the last I saw he was HAULING ASS in the other direction... so I guess he has a story to tell as well.