bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so when a bunch of kids take something you like and turn it into a lifestyle and image and trend that have absolutely nothing to do with the original element, you're a loser for resenting the dipshits that bought into a trend and lifestyle they know nothing about?

cool. you guys are awesome.

so when a bunch of kids take something you like and turn it into a lifestyle and image and trend that have absolutely nothing to do with the original element, you're a loser for resenting the dipshits that bought into a trend and lifestyle they know nothing about?

cool. you guys are awesome.

dude, i really doubt you were apart of the jamaican wave of immigrants who brought the track-bike-on-the-streets-en-masse-revival thing back to NYC, nor the wave of 80's NY messengers working in the golden era.

this whole "i was there first" thing is a bullshit defense. it's about what you can do on it, not when you decided to get one.

any of you racey types make your own food for the road?

i'm talking bars and such.

i've been experimenting with various things and i find it much more rewarding than unwrapping a clif bar.

though, i do enjoy clif bars.

Started making my own granola bars last week. Its been really easy, cheap, and rewarding like you said. I've also switched to making sandwiches for longer rides to replace some bars and stuff, mainly whole wheat bread, crunchy pb, bananas and/or apples, and honey. Its been an awesome experiment to say the least. We could exchange granola bar recipes (NH haha) if you want. I have a couple combos that have worked.

Yeah I'd rather build it once rather than buying a whole apex group then wanting to go force 6 months later. I totally understand where youre coming from though. Right now my plan is force shifters and crank, probably still rival derailers but maybe force, and maybe planetx cnc brakes cuz they look super awesome.

any of you racey types make your own food for the road?

i'm talking bars and such.

i've been experimenting with various things and i find it much more rewarding than unwrapping a clif bar.

though, i do enjoy clif bars.

Well, for actual racing I won't do anything other than Clifs, gels and dextrose in the water.

For training I've experimented a bit over the years - sweet potatoes, the Garmin rice cakes, honey (in the little plastic Hammer flask), cream cheese/jelly sandwich with bacon (so good on a long ride near the end), etc.

What I've found is nothing really beats the Clif Bar or PBJ for calorie to size ratio. I could probably get enough energy eventually from eating the sweet potatoes or rice cakes, but not with the limited about of space I'm allotted in my jersey pockets.

Are you trying to save money or just try something new? Could always just pull over at a cafe/convenience store...

agreed on the race routine tip — i'm just doing it to mix things up a bit. plus, i really like KNOWING exactly what's in my food.

current experiment: whole wheat pancake mix, threw in some blueberry muesli, agave nectar, eggs, olive oil & cook on skillet -- they're good! a bit on the dry side in terms of trying to eat while gasping for air. but, it's the off season, so it's generally all chill/base miles right now.

going to try my hand at some flax, nuts, dried fruits, oats, wheat germ, honey type of bars.

I'm thinking about getting some wider classic drops on my winter bike. I think my main ride has 42 cm drops, it was weird at first but now it feels a lot more stable and responsive. Standing and pedaling on my beater with the narrower drops feels really awkward, like i don't have much control over the side to side motion. How wide are your bars?