Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the last three years I've been designing custom paint options for SAGE Titanium customers. Definitely fun to work with customers to come up with something they love and are excited to ride. Here's

Lap around the lake today

I made this

Posted Images

so i'm about to join the club and start riding bikes. might even start riding to work as i'm not very far at all and i could use the exercise.

I'm looking at :

http://www.rei.com/product/791138#

or

http://www.rei.com/product/775488#

a couple of questions for you experienced people :

what is up with people converting their bikes back into a single gear bike? that's a fixie / fixed right? what are the benefits of it, if any?

fixed riding provides a noticeably different riding experience. you're constantly moving, whereas on a geared bike, coasting is allowed. definitely a more fluid feeling than a geared bike, for me anyway... and that's something that i have been stuck on. i have a lot more fun on my fixed gear than any other bike i've ridden.

upkeep/maintenance is reduced on a fixed gear bike, as well as a single speed. the setup is fairly simple compared to a geared bike, so, essentially, less parts=less shit to break/needs to be maintained...

each style of bike has its own pros and cons, one bike may serve one purpose while a different bike tends to another...

there are a lot of resources online, google is your friend

In other news, I crashed at the velodrome two days in a row on two separate incidents. Yesterday, my foot pulled out of my Speedplay during the flying 200m (TT). I pedaled one footed for a couple seconds then slid out on my left side.

Today, I rubbed tires and my front skewer failed and my front wheel flew off. Gnarly road rash, cracked helmet and a face bruise.

i have a canary yellow voodoo wanga just like that mines a little worse for wear. but it still does the job i got it a few years back it was originally geared seeing as i baught it new but i swapped around the sprockets and got the flat black chain and hey presto :)

dont ride it any more.. i moved on to old road bikes.. i kinda always swap from different bikes, is anyone else like me? or do you like one style of bike and thats it?

saw this today at my dads house...

25 years ago...my brother started riding without training wheels at 18 months crazy (can in photo for size reference)

29810_1488580053810_1213201223_1413180_4004284_n.jpg

Beginning on Tuesday I am going to give up my car for two months and bike instead, sort of as an experiment to see how much weight I can lose and I am sick of traffic and gas and cars in general.

I will probably be making more appearances in this thread.

My friends dad was about to throw away this vintage peugeot that had been sitting in his garage for years. Cosmetically it is almost perfect. He said I could have it for free if I come take it off his hands, so I did. Stripped it down this weekend and turned it into this. Wish I had some before pictures:

CIMG4167.jpg

CIMG4168.jpg

CIMG4169.jpg

My first single speed, as I have always rode with gears, and I have to admit I'm loving it so far.

I'll never get it either. Then again I can't see anyone putting in any good miles on a single speed where the correct saddle position would effect you that much.

Aside from that, I've been getting ontop of stretching the fuck out of my IT band and quads to reduce my knee pain. It seems to be working out pretty well. I'm going to start Physical Therapy here in about two weeks. I need to finish up graduating college first.

31160_1490303056884_1213201223_1416470_7908477_n.jpg

is it a viable option to install a triple on the crank i have right now?

i am dealing with some major inclines and the dual crank isn't cutting it...

Probably one of those questions that can't be answered without seeing the bike..

31160_1490303056884_1213201223_1416470_7908477_n.jpg

is it a viable option to install a triple on the crank i have right now?

i am dealing with some major inclines and the dual crank isn't cutting it...

Probably one of those questions that can't be answered without seeing the bike..

You most likely wont be able to instal a triple without a new bottom bracket because a triple wont fit on the one you have, since it's fit for a double. That's the best thing I can give you right now without knowing a damn thing about your bike.

What ind of inclines are you talking about that you can't deal with on a double? I mean I know there are some pretty brutal hills around my way that suck on a double but it's nothing I can't power through (with a little bit of training at least: intervals, trainer, etc).

Maybe I just sound like a jackass because I'm kind of drunk.

Edit* Oh the toe clips might not be helping as much as clipless pedals as far as helping you up those hills. Might be a cheaper investment than a new crank...