bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mmmmm, just destroyed a front wheel in a collision with a drunk bitch around Clark and Fullerton, gotta love Lincoln Park drunk bitches.

In any case, now in need of a new front wheel (road) for a reasonable price, replacing an alexrims that was due for replacement anyway, looking for some advice. Also trying to hook up some new shorts, thinking I want like a bib/singlet so please let me know if anyone has recs.

For future reference, is it completely reasonable to demand $100 on the spot for compensation from drunken idiots that cause accidents like the one I was in tonight? The new wheel will cost at least that so damn if I don't have some foot-in-the-mouth feelings right now.

You can try to demand it from her but I have no idea if it'll Work. I know my friends who ride pro all have their bikes insured. I remember back when Adam Switters was on Rock Racing and some driver in Davis ran him and his $7k bike over (Of all the bikes in that town to hit). He called up his insurer, went into a bike shop, ordered a bike of the same value, insurer payed the bill and he was back on the road in a couple days.

Today marked the third flat this week for me. It sucked today especially because today i was out of tubes. I guess changing the tires from road to cross every other day doesn't bode well for tubes.

Anybody have any home-remedies for a sore ankle? Its not related to an injury and and just hurts on the outside of my left ankle, specifically when i twist it for dismount.

Its not injured or worn out from cycling. Im guessing its from motorcycling because it hurts when i shift and I do that a hundred times a day. I clip out like four times. I hear home remedies help with non-serious ankle problems so I need to figure out what those are.

Oh and stretch, people. Stretch.

bike.jpg

A poor night time cell phone photo, but this is my all-purpose ride, and the first bike I've ever owned that isn't an entry level mountain bike. Surly Cross Check, I bought this as a complete in early July. Since then I have added Brooks b17 special saddle, Brooks bar tape, Shimano PD-M324 two sided clipless/ platform pedals, an Ultegra rear derailleur, and Kenda kwick roller sport touring tires. Also got the cheapest cateye computer I could find for mileage/speed etc.

I use this as my "car" for my daily commute/errands, as well as for fitness/fun/touring type riding. Longest ride this summer was 136 Miles.

• Like 1

Nice ride! Count, what kind of touring set-up do you have? I've been backpacking like crazy on the Appalachian Trail for a good part of the summer and I'd really like to combine that with bicycling next summer, apparently where I live (Pennsylvania) is a great place for touring, I see folks coming through all summer and most of the fall.