bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The rim will get concaved by tire pressure when it's near worn. Also, some rims have wear indicators, which are basically a black line that disappears when it's worn.

Kool pads indeed slow wear.

In any case, it's best to clean your rims and brake pads after every rainy ride to get more life out of them. It's a huge pain in the ass doing it all winter in a place like the Pacific NW, though, but fuck, I guess it's slightly easier than relacing/rebuilding wheels.

Whatchu got on your plate, Joker?

I've gotten two decent interval sessions in so far this season, but these Thursday night throwdowns we do really are as good as any interval session. Team tactics, endless attacking, open road racing, two decent climbs to separate the field, and a good 26 mile loop with a flat sprint at the end.

Definitely gotta work on some threshold stuff soon though. I can't bridge big gaps solo for shit; small ones are okay, but the stuff that's 500m+ down the road I can't do. Had the same problem last season at the track...

Trying to build my climbing engine. Been doing "over & under" intervals. 30 minutes... starting at zone 3 for one minute, then up to zone 5 for one minute, back down to zone 3 for one minute, back up to zone 5 for one minute... and it keeps going for 30 minutes. It's not so bad going uphill but once I crest the climb and get to rollers... it's tough to keep the wattage in zone 5 going downhill.

I heard those Thursday sessions were good. A bunch of us were doing those on Wednesdays last year but it was too late in the season. However, I think they really helped me for CX season.

any thoughts on utilizing mail order joints vs the lbs...

i don't have that much money, but i've still got champagne taste, but i feel like i'm supporting walmart or something by shopping catalogs.

i'm thinking i'll buy my parts mail order and have lbs do the labor on the parts i can't (ie headset and bottom bracket).

thoughts?

yes, waaaay cheaper to include shipping. some of the stuff might be 08 or 09, some of its '10 models.

i guess its like performance bike. i hate those fuckers. i dunno, ethically torn about this. trying to build a bike for the 2011 season on a budget.

i've just been given a fixed gear bike from a friend who is going away for a few years. The bike has no brakes, and the whole fixed gear thing slips when i try to put pressure on setting off or slowing down. Just wondering if there are any tools or ways to fix this problem, cause i don't have the spare money to buy brakes or anything like that.