bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Trackstanding - angle the wheel towards your forward foot; i.e., right foot forward, wheel pointed to the right. Other than that it's just practice.

Skip stopping - yeah, it's the way to go. I think I skip about 97% of the time... the other 3% are those fast reaction/borderline emergency occasions and usually involve a fishtail or U-turn. I can get away with riding GP4000's or other nice tires on the rear (after they've been thoroughly shaved down from road riding, of course) and still get a month or two more out of them. I'm about ready to just say fuck it and build up a road-legit fixed gear with front/rear brakes and road drops though - although there is something to be said for never having to worry about cleaning brake pads and sidewalls.

Joker - have fun at tomorrow's race. I'm expecting a good race report :D I'm gonna sit this one out - can't find a ride. Going to try and make up for it by just going hard on tomorrow's local fast dude group ride, although the best and brightest will be away doing laps at Hagg Lake.

Race report...

Same course as the last two weeks but this week we did 6 laps for a total of 66 miles.

Late start due to ice on the road in spots. Not a good way to start out. The pace from the word go was kinda fast. In the first lap a group of ten gets a sizable gap. I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the back of it when it went, as I struggled within on whether or not I should go with it. I'm kicking myself because that break stayed away the whole race. Well, eventually, five riders got dropped from the break but the remaining five stayed away. Lap after lap there were surges to chase it down that were blistering fast. There were many, many chase groups trying to bridge up to the break but they all were brought back. Myself... I went to the front twice to lend a hand to bring the break back for my team mate, who I was riding for, but each time it just about killed me. On lap five my team mate crossed wheels with the guy in front of him and went down hard, right on his chin. I looked back to see if he was okay and he was getting up and getting on his bike so I began slow rolling to wait for him, as I rolled through a turn. I waited and waited for about a minute before I figured something was very wrong and I should just go. So I gunned it to try and catch the field... and it never happened. After about twenty minutes of trying to bridge a minute to the field, and getting damn close, I finally gave in and rode endurance to the finish line. My legs are toast right now.

Rubbish... it was a lot faster than the last two weeks. A lot more tactical, as well. Just a little too many hills for me, though. Glad next week is a rest week... before Piece of Cake.

i'm going to view a fixie today that a guy who lives close by is selling. it's 2nd hand. but he's only asking £100 for it. is this too good to be true?

there's no specification on the bike or parts. but i've sent him an e-mail asking what kind of frame it is.

all the ad says is that it can run 42 or 52 to 16.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i'm not really all that clued up when it comes to bikes these days...

It sounds like a janky road conversion, but we really can't tell you anything without a picture or link to the ad. If it's that cheap, it's either a piece of shit or a guy selling a nice old road frame that he doesn't know the value of - either way, nice road bikes have no business being set up as street fixed gears, and janky ones aren't worth the time and effort in a lot of cases.

that was my first thought. either this's too good to be true or this boy doesn't know what he's selling...

all he's said is it's a vintage frame, that he's checked for weakness and rust before respraying, and says the back wheel, front tyre, seat, handlebars, grips and front brake are all new.

he didn't give me a brand name of the frame either...

i'm ment to be goin' to see the cunt in aboot half and hour. i might just make up some pish aboot how i can't make it and ask if he can send me a pic of the bike.

that bike would be flawless if there was some foot retention and no aerospokes. ariya aero wheels or some B-43's. toss in a chub hub and its all gravy son, all gravy.

quick question, is there any way to go to school for learning how to build frames? I believe i have fallen in love with bikes and i wanna someday build my own fucking frame with my two hands.