bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So I have a technical question. Finally upgraded to a better bike however I need to buy a new cassette and I'm not sure what I need. I have a Ultegra 6600 RD (short cage I think) and 105 shifters. Does anyone know what type of cassette I should get? 9spd or 10 spd?

i assume you're replacing a 9spd?

unless you're also changing the whole drive train i wouldn't recommend changing from a 9 to a 10 in pieces. 8 to 9 seemed to be okay, but i've read that just throwing a 10 in the rear with a 9 set up can be problematic.

After further investigation I found that the 105 shifters were 10spd and will work with any somewhat modern shimano group. Now I'm trying to hunt down a decent 12/27 10spd cassette. Since I'm moving from a triple crank to a double, I want to get all the gear range I can get.. I don't feel like vomiting my lungs up on my next climb.

New bike.. soooo pumped.

5E15Ja5Md3M33J33oac7v470c97aea4f9117e.jpg

I have one of those frames. There isn't much online about them. I spoke at length with the dudes at the shop about it. it's a chinese aluminum frame. The one or two reviews I've found online were quite positive, but I haven't ridden it yet.

Been too broke to finish building mine, just yet.

I'm sure other people on the thread will have more intelligent things to say.

I have a Rocky Mountain Altitude for sale.

29 incher 2010,

18 inches frame.

Reba XX with pushlock,

SLX crank

XT front

XTR rear.

Sram XX brakes.

Troy lee seat

Raceface seatpost

I could provide infinite pictures to potential buyers.

the bike need a new chain and cassette by my standards, but its useable as is.

I would like to get 1500$ shipping included for this fine piece of cross country machinery.

I am paypal verified, located in canada so cash on delivery can be done for fellow canadian oontzers.

Willing to timestamp to prove i am not a nigerian scammer, if my join date does not prove i am o.g.

• 1 month later...

I've heard good things about their singlespeed mountainbikes, just didn't know if they put the same quality into their other lines.

Think I'm gonna snatch it up.

Not sure exactly why hes selling it for so cheap, I assume hes moving. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about when it came to bikes in email so I doubt he was some crackhead who nabbed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So a couple questions:

1. Do any of you actually register your bike with the national bike registry? and if so have you or anyone you know had success with it in case of a stolen bike? i've never even heard a second or third hand success story about it. but i feel like now that i'm back in a college town i should probably do more just in case.

2. So i recently picked up a raleigh furley to use as my town bike. I've been riding with my premium platforms but i want to get into something a little more efficient w/o upgrading to clipless, because this is going to be my bar bike and i don't want to wear my tap shoes while drinking.

i've never ridden with toe straps but it seems like thats what i'm looking for--any advice on pedals/straps/toe clips as far as what sucks, whats good, and a decent/affordable source. I don't want to pay more than $75, less is better.

There's a whole slew of different versions and brands that make those things, I had a set of hold fast's on some bmx platform pedals that i forgot the name of that worked well. The big plus with those is it's a lot easier/quicker to adjust to different shoes.

If you're going for a more "traditional" look, this is the way to go:

all-city-crayton-mountain-double.jpg

Couldn't find a picture of the black ones.

Make sure they are double strapped, you want two straps. More stability in the cage. Good thing about these is they are steel, so when they get bent (which will happen eventually, promise) you can just bend them back.

As for straps, people say leather straps are more comfortable, but I always just used nylon straps.

• Like 1