bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What's an average ride mileage wise for you guys? Average speed, elevation gain, etc? I just started using a tracking app on my phone and have been surprised at some of the results I'm getting and am somewhat curious as to what everyone else has. I usually ride 3-4 times per week, my normal route is 36 miles and I do a "long" ride of roughly 45 once or twice a week. I'm averaging about 17-18 mph with 2000 - 2500 feet of elevation gain. Is this about average? Below average? I have no aspirations of ever doing any kind of competitive cycling, I'm really just curious as to where I stand. I know a couple of you dudes are into racing and such, so some input from some of the more leisurely riders would be appreciated.

I think thats kinda like asking if your average heartrate is the same as someone elses. That being said i was doing about what you are doing when I was riding more. I had to take a month off to take care of some shit but now thats done ill be riding more, but still less. LBS has a 30 mile winter training ride ill be doing when I can.

On that black and gold one: dude should get a shorter stem so he doesnt have to slam his saddle forward. *shakes head*

Gonna go take some pictures of my jointzZz

375221_297995316900446_100000699393428_988881_2118115452_n.jpg

the single speed. Completely stock (except for the Fizik arione) Dawes SST-AL from Bikes Direct. Bar angle is retarded so that I can get along with the drops.

386064_297995653567079_100000699393428_988882_142767511_n.jpg

This is the new girl. 2011 Neuvation f100 frame set, rival RD, cheap specialized shallow drops, 130mm reynolds stem. Gonna also get a rival FD, and force crankset and shifters.

One of my reasons for asking is I'd like to do a group ride with my lbs at some point, I just don't want to show up and get dropped and feel like an asshole however. I'm riding a 15 year old tri bike and to be honest a bunch of dudes on $3000 carbon fiber race bikes all kitted out is a little intimidating. /nh

One of my reasons for asking is I'd like to do a group ride with my lbs at some point, I just don't want to show up and get dropped and feel like an asshole however. I'm riding a 15 year old tri bike and to be honest a bunch of dudes on $3000 carbon fiber race bikes all kitted out is a little intimidating. /nh

I can totally understand that. Call the lbs and ask about it. Theyll tell you how long it is and the average speed and route. Group rides aren't races. what I mean is their not trying to put on a ride that people dont want to go on, if that makes sense.

only thing that bothered me was my butt, after talking to some friends that ride a lot they

said it's just something you just gotta not think about and push through. my legs are fine,

i am constantly up and down stairs all day at work

that butt discomfort might be from your saddle position. In my experience if your saddle is too high or low, you feel it in your legs, and if it is too far back or forward you feel it between your legs. First ride i took on the winter bike i built up felt like i was going to make myself sterile, moved the seat forward about a cm and now it super comfy

too long of a reach so he had to bring the saddle forward to compensate? if thats wrong, whats going on?

Butt soreness is something that will go away.

Basically, if you're fitting a bike properly you arrive at seat position (height and fore-aft) totally separate from stem length and reach. If someone is pushing their saddle forward to compensate for a longer stem, that's like newbie mistake 101 shit.