bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Rubbish: I was just thinking the same thing. It's funny how in highschool I resented dirt bikes and DH because of the bro mystique and now they're two things I really wish I had the cash for.... so who's the douche now?

@Choc, what, did you try riding up old tunnel road?

@Me, I just switched the CX to 23mm tires. Just looks goofy. Time to get in real miles.

Here's how my brain works:

1. Im totally fucking sure of myself that I know every road in the bay area

2. I look at that bit of road and think, "hey that has to be grizzly peak right before Tunnel rd."

3. I look at that background and instead of thinking "oh that's not grizzly peak" I think "Oh he must've created that view in post because if I cant name it it must not exist."

4. I post "shopped" on an internet forum to validate myself, and pretend i ride as much as choc and rubbish.

• Like 1

Lame. Was it a QR clamp? Or did it seem like some kids just yanked it out. I normally take my seat and seatpost with me if im locking my bike up where i cant see it, but thats very rarely

Nah, no QR, just regular old allen bolts.

Needless to say ball bearings are being glued/waxed into all my spare allen bolts on that bike now. Luckily the day was saved by a friend with a cheap setup to kick back after my shit got ganked. I've seen the commuter move where people remove their own post but honestly I'm OCD as shit about my saddle height being perfecto and would drive myself crazy remeasuring it every time.

Needless to say ball bearings are being glued/waxed into all my spare allen bolts on that bike now. Luckily the day was saved by a friend with a cheap setup to kick back after my shit got ganked. I've seen the commuter move where people remove their own post but honestly I'm OCD as shit about my saddle height being perfecto and would drive myself crazy remeasuring it every time.

mark the height with something?

Needless to say ball bearings are being glued/waxed into all my spare allen bolts on that bike now. .

I've been doing this for a while. Used shoe goo because I didn't have anything else around. Was kicking myself for not thinking about it more when i went to take the saddle off - seemed like it was going to be impossible, there was no was I wag going to be able to pry that bearing out of there. Dripping some goo gone onto the bolt and letting it sit for 10 minutes or so softened up the shoe goo enough to pry the ball out with a knife. I would say this is a pretty good theft deterrent, since I don't think a thief is going to able to turn your bike on its side and hang out while the goo gone or whatever solvent does its work. Also, the shoe goo comes out clean in one rubbery piece, leaving nothing in the bolt hole.