bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

in 15 years of on and off bike shop jobs selling all different brands of bikes i can honestly say without hesitation i have seen more issues with scott bicycles than any other brand i have sold. the newer stuff (since moving to round tubing instead of the hydro formed stuff) i have seen far less issues though. mountain and road "cheap" and expensive... factory head tube cracks, cracks at welds in rear triangles, cracked seat stay on an addict (carbon), a folded in half (twisted sideways) aluminum frame, others... the factory issues were no problem but MOST of those other frames were NOT warrantied and the amazing "crash replacement" program was offered. the company i work for now apparently has a limited life time deal with scott on their frames but im not sure how that works or what the details are.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/model/tcx.2/7315/44078/

ive been looking into getting one of these. I dont have any knowledge of shimano groups or whats good or whats bad. Ridden BMX pretty much forever but want this to commute.

this is the cheapest model available, and about the only thing i can afford. is it just gonna fall apart?

Slipped on a mix of gravel and ice Friday while out on a road ride and tore a quarter-sized chunk out of my chin from sliding my face in gravel and concrete. Ouch. Took the doctor 30 minutes to dig out with tweezers all the little chunks of rock embedded in my face. Also got a grapefruit-sized swelling on my hip. Bike is mostly cool save for a scuffed saddle and derailleur hanger that had to be replaced. Good thing the races were cancelled this weekend due to snow and ice...

Fuckin' winter, when does it end?

I have a 1962 Schwinn Racer for sale. $100 takes it.

2j2vj14.jpg

It needs some work, but if anyone on here is into restoring old bikes they should get a hold of me...local (Oakland, CA) deals only because I'm not gonna ship it (Bojangles being the sole exception).

Count... awesome on 3rd place in your race!!

Rubbish... in Vancouver BC for an art show, for a week. Probably won't race till POC or some crits around that time.

You've had some ok weather for the past few days if you brought a bike up with you. I'm going to check out the show as well. If I'm looking at the right event, it looks to be pretty good.