bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I know I should be drooling but I can't stop thinking it's ugly.

Ti > carbon IMO

Moots%20Uno.jpg

:D

my friend has this moots (minus carbon wheels), built up to ~20lb. i rode it (not to it's full potential by any means), and the combination of ti, light weight and geometry makes the thing fun as hell. if i had the choice of any ss mtb regardless of budget... you know it'd be ti over carbon, and hardtail over f/s.

god, when i had a ss mtb, the thing was 27lb, rigid, too big for me and bottom of the barrel components. not much fun at all in comparison.

Dude... yeah, raced tonight. Needed to test the knee out and see what it can handle. I'm stronger than I thought I was but not as strong as I should be, and I have no engine for big, long efforts. The knee felt fine most of the race till the end, when it started to really flare up. Right now, sitting here typing, it's killing me. I need to go to bed. It was good for morale to see that I could put in efforts at the front, whether trying to bring a break back or just keep the pace high. Still not sure about racing this Saturday, though.

While it was nice to get out and get some fast paced racing in... the evening ended in bad form. A good friend and past teammate passed out after the sprint finish. Stopped breathing. Long story really short, one hour later he passed away. I'm in shock, stunned and in awe. I keep telling myself he passed away doing what he loved to do... cycling. Rest easy, David.

• Like 1

got a bike @ a yard sale trek 1500.....but i cant keep air in the front tire.replaced the tube and tire..is there a thicker tire i can get or is there a self-sealing inertube i can get ....my old lady says my ass to fat for the aluminum bike and i should stick to the mtn bike but the trek is fucking fast

fuck man its the northwest learn to deal! i understand ur just venting, but im a fucking steelhead fisher and at least you CAN ride in the rain. Try fishing for an ESA listed fish species in water that has 1 inch of visibility and is near flood stage!

rain barely even effects cycling, count ur blessings. fuck the wind though!

• Like 1

like a 60cm or something....

i need to start reading up on gear ratios, not sure what I want to go with at this point

if you live in a flat city: 50:18 or 49:17 or something close.. ive been riding those two ratios for the last five years in san francisco, even on my road bike i never switch out of my big chainring, always 53:21 or something close. riding fast is fun, and you can still cruise steady if you wannna.

r.i.p david

• Like 1

i dont see a locking mechanism on those grips... so im not gonna trust em

I've never had a locking mechanism on any grip and I've never had an issue, you have grips fly off often? No particles, they're more sticky than anything else. Better than Oury's, who everyone has and I find crazy uncomfortable.

I'll take pictures of them on my bike tomorrow, definitely look different in person.