bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

I know it, I just know it... I'm going to get a lot of fuzz for posting this but I really want it. Really, really badly.

dc-shoes-se-bikes-pk-ripper-2.jpg

Just the frame and fork. I have all the other stuff, I just want the frame and fork.

I used to be heavy into to BMX in the late 70's early to mid 80's and always wanted a PK Ripper. Never could afford one. Now DC Shoes and SE Bikes are making this bad boy... and I need to build up a fixie for around town... just seems so right.

Where all my haters at?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Good choice. Shoes are worth doing right the first time around. I've had my Dominators for 2 years now and could probably handle another year... Sidi's rule.

I went riding some XC trails on my CX bike again after a busy week. Really fucking fun... I just love hoods and drops. Acer, hate all you want but I'm ditching the risers on my 29er. Can't stand climbing with them. I'm either gonna go with dirt drops like these:

3700156167_b0a79fbe93_o.jpg

Or some FSA Compact Omegas on the cheap/freebie status. Why? Because I'm MTBing to improve road handling skills, and drops are going to be the best way of doing that.

just get some 3 inch risers and flip them upsidown and get some cheapo barends and put them on backwards....

i cant remember if your on a singlespeed or not but if you are, go for the "h"bars, if your on a geared you will never be able to truly justify putting the worlds ugliest cockpit on your bike.

and is that bike supposed to have THAT much slope on the top tube or is it just an optical illusion type deal?

Joker, not hatin on that. You're not gonna start tricking on it though are you? Haha.

Acer, it's an SS. I got no cash for geared MTBs... maintaining the drivetrain on my cross bike is costing me enough. Anyways, fuck it, I'm putting road drops on it when I have the funds.

Raced Battlecreek CX yesterday. Flat, dry, grassy. Dropped a chain on the last lap and lost a few places but still managed a decent result in the B's. Cross is definitely making my handling skills better... loving it. I'm thinking about disengaging my brakes and taking a few runs through the BMX track here to really get a feel for pumping transitions and making free speed out of it... a lot of the guys had no idea how to do that but I was watching a MTB guy just go so clean into every tranny, corner and obstacle. Helped me on my own shit to emulate all his lines fo sho.

Joker, not hatin on that. You're not gonna start tricking on it though are you? Haha.

Acer, it's an SS. I got no cash for geared MTBs... maintaining the drivetrain on my cross bike is costing me enough. Anyways, fuck it, I'm putting road drops on it when I have the funds.

Raced Battlecreek CX yesterday. Flat, dry, grassy. Dropped a chain on the last lap and lost a few places but still managed a decent result in the B's. Cross is definitely making my handling skills better... loving it. I'm thinking about disengaging my brakes and taking a few runs through the BMX track here to really get a feel for pumping transitions and making free speed out of it... a lot of the guys had no idea how to do that but I was watching a MTB guy just go so clean into every tranny, corner and obstacle. Helped me on my own shit to emulate all his lines fo sho.

geared mountainbikes arent expensive at all... my shifters, cables, derailluers all cost under 120.

Just bought a CycleOps mag trainer for 50 bucks from a professor at my school. It's pretty damn loud but I guess it just sounds like I'm vacuuming 3 times a week for about an hour or so.

I'm so out of shape, what are some good intervals to start with on this trainer?

Joker that bike actually looks sick.

I have a question though,

Lately whenever i've been riding every half hour or so I will have to stop and tighten my crank arm, which got to be quite a hassle, so I took it off and regreased it, then put a drop of loctite on the end of the crank bolt, this has helped significantly but it still feels loose. Do you think this is the bolt or is my crank interface fucked? I don't have any money so I'm hoping for an quick fix

wrong place kiddo

any of you guys in here triathletes?

im startin to train for next years season... the swimming is giving me the most trouble because as it turns out, i need to completely re learn how to swim. and former LSD husk turned "do-gooder"/"athlete" is teaching me how to "let go of my instincts and forget everything about swimming that hardwired into my brain". but hey, hes done quite a few triathalons so i guess his help is genuine.

but i doubt il be able to keep up with this training program he "made" for me... just not enough time.

i've seen ad's for tri's here and there. a lot of the smaller ones seem very doable/easy to an untrained person like me.

but i'm sure they're tough as shit—good luck with that.

----

my HR hit 215 today and it was on a decent.. wtf?

highest i've ever gotten it before today was 188... though i haven't truly 'tested' my maxHR.

Just bought a CycleOps mag trainer for 50 bucks from a professor at my school. It's pretty damn loud but I guess it just sounds like I'm vacuuming 3 times a week for about an hour or so.

I'm so out of shape, what are some good intervals to start with on this trainer?

If you really are out of shape then I would just take it easy for an hour each time you ride, for three times. Then add in two or three 1 minute hard efforts. Basically, go as hard as you can sustain for 1 minute. In other words... don't blast yourself so that you die out within 20 seconds. Make it a hard effort but not hard enough that you can't keep the effort up for 1 minute. Rest for 3 minutes between efforts. Do that for three rides. The next three make it five efforts...

i've seen ad's for tri's here and there. a lot of the smaller ones seem very doable/easy to an untrained person like me.

----

highest i've ever gotten it before today was 188... though i haven't truly 'tested' my maxHR.

There's a good chance you rode by a radio tower or something and got some interference. A good chance...

hugh-motobecane-mixte-02.jpg

i have a 1975 Motobecane frame identicle to this ...

im converting it to a fixed gear im halfway through the process

i've changed it from a 10 gear to a 5 gear. all i need now is to invest in a nice free wheel that i can modify and i already bought a chrome plated BMX bike chain .

i also have a pair of high polished cranks and pedals i found on a road bike that was being removed from a bike rack in town. nice find but yes back to the point all i need now is the money for the free wheel

oh and while im here... theres a guy who i get parts off and he has a super sexy fixed gear messenger.. and a bright canary yellow chain he claims to have painted him self ... and it doesnt take a genious to figure out he doesnt paint.. but if i was to paint a chain or even TRY is there a technique or is it even possible?

thank you in advance ..

you can buy prepainted kmc metal chains for like $10 retail at any LBS.

thanks for your input .. but im from Ireland and we dont have them kind of organizations ..id have to get it shipped over and in all fairness i dont think i would go trough that effort for an artsy fartsy chain .. but none the less thanks anyways :)

----

yea the bike part is nothing, its literally only like 15 miles for a "sprint" triathalon.

the only thing thats hard for me is the swim, i cant even swim a quarter of a mile as it is right now.