bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had a chrome Hutch 'Pro Star' with chrome DK stem, chrome Araya rims, black hubs (I think Suntour or Sugino, maybe... can't remember), chrome Hutch bars, chrome Hutch seat post, chrome Hutch 'bear trap' pedals, chrome Dia-Comp MX brakes and Profile cranks. I don't remember my seat but it was one of those plastic deals that were super popular at the time. I think I used some motocross grips instead of standard BMX grips... Oury, maybe. Don't remember. I was all about doing anything Mike Dominguez, Mike Buff or R.L. Osborn did. Mike Dominguez was my hero when I was 16 and every trick he did I forced myself to learn. Kinda silly when I think about it now, but BMX was my world in the early 80's!!!

Nice Trick Star! Old school front brake too! I remember when that shit was first being spied in magazines. A few of my friends and I took our stem bolts and had a hole drilled in them so we could run our front brake cable through the stem, fork and out the fork shaft to the brake calipers. That was some ill-shit when it first came out. Took a long while before any companies came up with a stock way of converting the front brake. Are those Profile cranks, too? nice!! Those threads on the bottom bracket strip so easily though.

Ahhh... good times. The last time I rode a BMX bike was when I was 17... 24 years ago.

i get an intense pain in the "valley" of my palm sometimes when riding in the tops on the road bike. it seems to come randomly as i cant recreate the pain or think of anything in particular causing it (not bumps in the road or anything).

it feels similar to when you have a chip off your kneecap and you kneel on it and everythings lined up right and the chip is between the floor and the nerve and i guess it pinches it? but thats what it feels like. and it hurts like fucking crazy.

what do?

---REDLINE FLITE CRANKS

---WHEN A COMPANY PRODUCED THE "FRONT BRAKE DEAL" SO YOUR BARS COULD SPIN,

THEY ORIGINALLY CALLED IT THE "POTTS-MODIFICATION"

THEN SOMEONE INVENTED ONE FOR THE REAR (in my picture as well) "ACS ROTOR"

THEN ODDESSEY CAME OUT WITH A REAR BRAKE MOD.

TOO BAD YOU STIL DON'T HAVE A 20",

WE COULD BUILD A HALF-PIPE SOMEWHERE AND RIP!!!

(Hopefully next to Banfield freeway for easy Hospital access!)

LOL!! Yeah, "that guy" definitely egst called out when it's mid-August. nice new rig!

Acer... I have no idea what your pain could be coming from. I think it's something you should definitely have checked out though. If you have insurance... seek out a sports medicine doctor that takes your insurance. I've found that even if they can't treat the problem they know more about the pains associated with cycling and can easily diagnose what and where the pain is about... making seeing a regular doctor that much easier.

• Like 1

all apologies for not combing this thread for the question im about to ask..

disclaimer now:

1-dont know anything about bikes

2-have no patience to shop

my kid is absolutely gung-ho over this bike we saw the other day

priced around $470-500

Electra Coaster..whatever...

ElectraCoaster1.jpg

of course we would need to ride together, so i will need to buy 2.

worth it?

Thx;)

disclaimer now:

priced around $470-500

ElectraCoaster1.jpg

worth it?

Thx;)

for 470 build your kid a real bike...like an IRO

DOOOO IT

disclaimer now:

priced around $470-500

ElectraCoaster1.jpg

worth it?

Thx;)

electra makes a great bike, one of the best sellers where i work. good, quality product, fun to ride

What are the potential consequences of riding on a headset (threaded) that is too tight??

I noticed my headset sort of sticking in the straight ahead position, which i guess is a common failure. I didn't really know this at the time. I flipped the upper head tube race and replaced all the bearings after cleaning, etc. I didn't see any damage to the races or feel anything when i tested the fit. When i go to adjust it, its right in one spot and then too loose in the other or the other way around. I know that too loose can easily kill a frame, so I would opt for too tight. Whats the worst thing that this can do besides ruining the headset even more? I've ordered a new one but being out of bike for a week is not fun

did that make any sense??