bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

If you really are out of shape then I would just take it easy for an hour each time you ride, for three times. Then add in two or three 1 minute hard efforts. Basically, go as hard as you can sustain for 1 minute. In other words... don't blast yourself so that you die out within 20 seconds. Make it a hard effort but not hard enough that you can't keep the effort up for 1 minute. Rest for 3 minutes between efforts. Do that for three rides. The next three make it five efforts...

Thats what I've been doing. The past two days I've just been keeping a steady spin. Haven't pushed myself on it because I don't want to kill myself yet. Thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Joker, any more Cross Crusades for you?

I'm gunning for PIR and Barton. My bike should actually be in good working condition by then, no more jankiness, chain droppage and road gearing. CX season has definitely turned into "just maintaining" instead of building for me, which is refreshing for the mental break but my legs have been all too supple and not sore.

Joker, any more Cross Crusades for you?

I'm gunning for PIR and Barton. My bike should actually be in good working condition by then, no more jankiness, chain droppage and road gearing. CX season has definitely turned into "just maintaining" instead of building for me, which is refreshing for the mental break but my legs have been all too supple and not sore.

Nah, Cross is done for me. I just wanted to give a handful of races a try to see if I liked it and now that I know I do, I'll come back to it next year with a better ( meaning lighter ) bike and more training and focus for it.

I've been steady building a base for the road season next year. Strange to think that Jack Frost is only two and a half months away. I hate TT's but with this new coach and new program I'm on... TT's are on the board. I'll be doing them 'cheap guy' style on the road bike.

Glad to hear you got things nailed down. PIR and Barton are going to be awesome races. I'll probably be out at PIR to yell at the racers...

YEAH, NOT COOL

I don't get why people get so up in arms about fixed gears, I feel it's more the people who ride them who are the faggots then the bikes in general.

Which Locktite are you using, red or blue?

Blue Locktite is semi permanent and Red Locktite is permanent. This is going by the color of the liquid, not the color of the tube. Why they wouldn't just make the tube the same color as the name/color of the liquid is beyond me.

The blue is used more so to keep stuff from vibrating loose, not really hold anything under direct pressure. The red might work better in your case, but it will be a bitch to break loose when the time comes that you want to take the crank off.

Also it needs some time to cure. Locktite is anaerobic, meaning that it cures (or dries) in the absence of air. So generally it takes a couple of hours to set up. Try it again and let the bike sit over night before you take it for a spin.

Hope this helps...

I used the blue locktite and so far it's holding up just fine, but if it loosens up again ill try some of the red. props when im not 24'd.

I just came back from a trip to Cape Town in south africa.

Was competing in a sporting event so spent 90% of my time in this place called Bellville Vellodrome.

The Track was intense and a concrete surface as apposed to wood.

Was wishing i had of brought my bike.

Velodrome_Panorama1_resize.jpg