bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I have seen gauges on pumps go out before. Sorry if I am fucking up your expert thread.

Sigh, what is it with forums that makes people so much cooler than those around them?

Fixed.

All i said was that this thread was once 4 or 5 people talking with eachother about bikes. That wasn't anything for you to take personally. It would be nice if instead of you making posts worrying about what I think of you, you were more interested in searching this thread. Or using google.

i use a c02 pump for races and if i get a flat but my commuter has a super slow leak (like 3 days to get flat) so i pump it up before every ride. and thats ALOT of c02 cartridges

Stop using cO2 cartridges. You might not even have a leak. cO2 gas goes flat after a while. It's only meant to get you home or to a bike shop to pump your tires up. If it still leaks on you check the bead for tears. Be careful putting the tires on and off so as to not break another bead.

Just put as much air into the tire as you can and call it good.

Terrible advice. No wonder you got flats 3 times a week. Look at the tire and blow it up to spec. A floor pump with a lifetime warranty on it costs about $40. And when the gauge "goes out," like I said it unscrewed itself. Just tighten it back down.

Fixed for what? I remember going into bicycle stores years ago and having fools working retail jobs pull this imaginary "I work in a bike shop and that makes me cooler than you" card, that is the mentality that I was trying to point out.

If you are concerned about too much input on this thread then pm the 4 or 5 people that you referenced and set up some private shit where you can all get down about races or whatever,

I appreciate the call on co2 cartridges and will keep that in mind, I have wanted to buy a set up for a while and will not based on your input.

I stopped getting flats after I started filling up my tubes and using my hand to feel the tire instead of trusting a gauge that was out of adjustment regardless of how rare that might be.

For what it is worth I do not have much interest in arguing about bicycles on the internet.

What the heck are you talking about?

Fixed for what? I remember going into bicycle stores years ago and having fools working retail jobs pull this imaginary "I work in a bike shop and that makes me cooler than you" card, that is the mentality that I was trying to point out.

That's with any retail store of any industry. Welcome to erf.

If you are concerned about too much input on this thread then pm the 4 or 5 people that you referenced and set up some private shit where you can all get down about races or whatever,

Yeah awesome. That way people can post the same problem over and over because all answers are given in PM's. If you got a problem use google. If someone's got a question about flats dont give some off-the-cuff answer like "blow it up as much as you can."

I appreciate the call on co2 cartridges and will keep that in mind, I have wanted to buy a set up for a while and will not based on your input.

Like I care.

I stopped getting flats after I started filling up my tubes and using my hand to feel the tire instead of trusting a gauge that was out of adjustment regardless of how rare that might be.

Good 4 U.

For what it is worth I do not have much interest in arguing about bicycles on the internet.

What was this post about then? There are no "free posts" in Hesh's Bike Thread.

yeah soup - still rocking the trek.

a new bike is in the works, but i figure i'll keep riding this one through the winter and try to scoop it in the 'off' season.

hint: the brand contains an " é "

;)

________

most hand pumps i've used suck ass, but they'll get me to a gas station/shop

i keep a schrader/presta adapter for the station and occasional 'hey, can i use a pump' situation

the rich women living in the hills always oblige.

those co2 tanks blow for long term use they only work to get you where u absolutely have to until u can let that forsaken gas out of your tire in exchange for regular air, they work but as soon as the temperature fluctuates hot or cold that co2 will find a way to evaporate out of your tire some how just e nuff to not be to pressure. only way to fix it is get 100% air back into your tube

yeah soup - still rocking the trek.

a new bike is in the works, but i figure i'll keep riding this one through the winter and try to scoop it in the 'off' season.

hint: the brand contains an " é "

;)

________

most hand pumps i've used suck ass, but they'll get me to a gas station/shop

i keep a schrader/presta adapter for the station and occasional 'hey, can i use a pump' situation

the rich women living in the hills always oblige.

Canadian!?! You bastard! I posted this in the motorbike thread but i think it got slept on so here http://www.cafemotos.com/ Im getting one... after i buy this steel frame with a crown on the badge called something like.... "clown tool?" lololololol

I got one of them pocket pumps that fold out into a floor pump. No more bent valves.

Took the cross bike out for some single track/MTB trail riding yesterday. Another flat tire... but probably a result of running the pressure a little low on the most technical/rooty descent section of my ride and pinching the tube. Tubeless or tubular would be a nice upgrade right about now... too bad my drivetrain needs replacing first.

I'm well aware of what pressures to inflate though, duderinos. Off-road throws you off on a different PSI range though as Acer can probably tell you... it's not about "pump as much air in as you can"... pretty much the opposite, especially riding a damn CX bike and getting the shit beat out of you by any rooty/bumpy section. Still so much more fun climbing on that bike than the SS 29er though...

Joker if all goes right I should be racing next weekend's CC... real excited. I think I may do back to back Saturday and Sunday CX races if possible. We got that Psycho Cross series here and Sal the organizer has a knack for making difficult/technical/MTB-like courses. Should be cool.

Say, what kind of bars do you run on your CX bike? I was thinking about getting those FSA Compact Wings/3T knockoffs since I never use the drops offroad on my FSA traditional bends...

Stop using cO2 cartridges. You might not even have a leak. cO2 gas goes flat after a while. It's only meant to get you home or to a bike shop to pump your tires up. If it still leaks on you check the bead for tears. Be careful putting the tires on and off so as to not break another bead.

the last c02 cartrige i used was last race season so almost a year. i just keep them with me on long rides and during races because they are quicker then hand pumps.

Rubbish... I heard the Pyscho Cross series was awesome! Have a good race at CC... there are a lot of people racing this year. Did you see that Alpenrose had close to 1400 racers? Makes it the largest one day CX race in the world. Crazy.

I use these cheapo Ritchey bars on my CX bike. It's my winter trainer so I built it up with as little money as possible because I knew it would get beat to hell. They do the job for what I need them to but for CX they were pretty bad. Flat top bars seem like a smart idea... something I'll consider when I start to build up a new CX bike for next year. I spend almost the entire race on the tops because I have brake levers there, and I feel like I can maneuver a lot better holding the bars there.

Fat Ralphy... I have a team mate who rides an Origin8 and he loves it. I've actually been looking at them online and found a few good deals, for frames in my size, on ebay. Plus I like the matte black paint job.

Been steady with the training and then out of no where on Saturday, three hours into my ride, my left ankle starts acting up. This super sharp pain at the bottom of every pedal stroke. No way to get a ride home and I'm about 1.5 hours from home... so I have to ride home like that. Hurt so bad. Now my ankle is jacked. Seeing my coach about it today and hoping it's a simple "stay off it for a week and ice it" fix.

Also been using kettlebells this year for strength training... fucking amazing!! If you can take classes to learn how to use them I suggest it. Just doing the basic swing works your whole body. It's weird how I can do a minute of squats with a 25lb kettlebell and it kills me more than doing 3 sets of ten squats at the squat rack using 100lbs. I'm a full on kettlebell believer...

• Like 1

thread needs more pictures:

4004419757_748449bdec.jpg

yesterday.

whats going on with the saddle tilt on the silver bike???

and im trading a fizik titanium gobi for a selle gel italian titanium somthin another i forgot the name.

good deal? the fizik is used(by me) and the guys getting rid of the selle because "its a light color and doesnt match anything" :rolleyes:

index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=389266533

As far as durability/quality how is Origin 8?

I don't have tons of bread to throw into this and I like the looks of the Origin 8 powder coated components...

ive read mixed reviews on bikeforums. i was gonna buy some of their cranks, but will prolly end up spending a couple more bucks and getting sugino rd

---

just found these cranks, which are also inexpensive...

http://www.thebikebiz.com/Pake_Track_Crank_Set_p/trk-cr-mer03.htm

• Like 1