Playstation 3

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read in EGM that at a Tokyo show in September a bunch of the PS3 consoles in the Sony booth overheated. It's why I didn't even think about getting the 360 until a couple of months after release. People standing in lines for games and consoles are fucking douchebags, too. Especially $600 consoles. Dudes are going to be getting robbed.

My friend works at a hotel that's connected to a mall downtown with a Sony store. He doesn't care about it but a guy he works with has been talking about it for weeks and is going to try to get in the mall before it opens through work so he can get in line before everyone else.

If you had to do it, the best way would be to drive out to a big-box store in the middle of nowhere, far away from any city or suburbs. It's kind of like a zombie apocolypse: stay away from any majorly populated areas.

yeah the people waiting in line are complete idiots. in a month they'll be readily available without lines. in a few months the price may drop. xbox360 i think came out in about november '05. but i ust got a 360 only a couple months ago. i don't regret it. the games aren't any less fun because i got it later.

these fools lining up don't look at it in perspective. 10-15 years from now a playstation 3 will not be seen as some kind of technologically godly creation that these nerds are worshiping it as being -- it will be looked at the same way you see a sega genesis today. just another obsolete system that most people don't care about anymore or think is "high tech."

another way is to go to a store in the hood. a bestbuy or circuit city in the ghetto. most of the video gamers that are nerdy enough to line up tend to be of the caucasian or asian ethnicity... with a few token blacks and hispanics sprinkled here and there. and they're not going to be camped out in compton. and ghetto people don't do shit like camp out for video games or star wars. they'll line up for the new jordans (in the daytime) but that's about it.

Make 34 mock up PS3 boxes, bump key the lock, perform some stunt to block all wharehouse cameras, mask the actual ps3s in some other container and take them out one by one. Sell them all together to someone else asap. If I had a chance to net 50k sheeeiiittttt.

ANOTHER STORY

People took 50 homeless people in a U-Haul truck to a Circuit City to have them wait in line for the new Sony Playstation 3, paying them 100 dollars a day to wait in line for 2 days for the release.

Video Here

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/homeless-people-line-up-in-america-for-a-ps3-215198.php

On another note, after work there is a party tonight, I expect it to get out around 4-5 AM.

You better believe I'm gonna check out the lines at stores around here.

I figure there are enough shops that there will be at least one that I can possibly cop one.

And yes, I'm one of the assholes that has no intention of keeping it.

i posted up in best buy around 1pm today. around 5 they told us they only had 34. i was # 40. pissed off. I was just gonna flip anyways. i saw it on craigslist for $5 g's. i guess i got playstatownd.

whoever is gonna pay 5 grand for a ps3 should be slapped in the face repeatedly. a year from now they'll be $500. 5 years from now they'll be $150. nuff said. remember fools were buying dreamcasts for over a grand when it first came out. see how ridiculous that sounds now. you can get em on ebay for $50.

Archived