Video Game System....PS2 or Xbox, which should i buy?

Guest diggity

This is for all you PS2 spawn camping llamas....

Originally posted by can of worms

ps2. sony will destroy the xbox

In your wettest and wildest dreams.... Sony is being pressured right now to lower the price of their system. You know why? Because they're charging more for a ps2 than it costs for an xbox.... and the ps is an inferior machine. Why haven't they lowered their prices you ask? Well, to put it quite simply it's because they need as much money as they can get, because they're struggling. XBOX's sales went up by 50%, yeah read it again.... when they lowered the price last month. Nintendo's got a very large fan base of kids and adults alike. Metroid Prime 2 is coming out soon. Do you think more people will go reserve that game or do you think more will go reserve some ps2 game? Hint: Metroid Prime 2 is a highly anticipated game. Not to mention, Halo 2 is coming out before xmas, so whatever that game killzone or whatever, it's gonna have to be some bad ass shit to stand up to what Nintendo and Microsoft are working on. Sony can have a million games that are half assed good and people still won't buy it based on the graphics quality alone. You notice how they keep making games like ratchet and klank or jack and dexter or whatever... you know what those games are? Weak clones of Mario. Imitate something successful...

Here are the release dates for alot of games... this is not all of them, because there are alot of crap games also (hence the ps2 list being kinda short)

XBOX's lineup:

May 4th Rallisport Challenge 2

May 25th Metal Slug 3

May 26th Thief: Deadly Shadows

June 1st The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

June 7th ShellShock: Nam '67

June 8th Full Spectrum Warrior

June 21st DRIV3R

August Funkmaster Flex's Digital Hitz Factory

August Street Racing Syndicate

August Metal Slug 4 & 5 Combo

Sept Operation Flashpoint

Sept SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos

Sept Silent Hill 4: The Room

Oct Area 51

Oct DOOM 3

Oct Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude

Oct Midway Arcade Treasures 2

Oct Mortal Kombat Deception

GCN's lineup:

June 7th The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

June 15th Mega Man X: Command Mission

June 15th Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3

June 22nd Mega Man Anniversary Collection

June 25th Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

August 2nd Pikmin 2

August 31st Street Racing Syndicate

Sept 1st Star Craft Ghost

Oct 15th Star Fox 2

Nov 15th Need For Speed Underground 2

Nov 16th Resident Evil 4

Nov 18th Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Dec 10th Paper Mario 2

PS2's lineup:

May 4th Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

June 1st MTV Music Generator 3: This is the Remix

June 7th ShellShock: Nam '67

June 14th Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

June 15th McFarlane's Evil Prophecy

June 21st DRIV3R

July 15th Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

August 3rd Funkmaster Flex's Digital Hitz Factory

August 24th Terminator 3: The Redemption

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jackson

Buy a snes, street fighter 2 turbo, all you need.

Xbox is aight but the controllers suck, ps2 has great controllers and GT3 which is all the human frame requires.

burnout 2 owns gt3...and burnout 3 will 0WN gt3

Graphics aren’t that important – any real gamer knows this. Dirty, almost all your arguments are based on graphics. You need to diversify. They’re important, but PS2 can hang, no doubt.

I enjoy playing both Xbox and PS2. I don’t own an Xbox, but I’m sure I will sooner or later. Why? I want online Steel Battalion, Star Wars: KOTR, and Halo 2. In the meantime, I make sure I visit Xbox owner’s houses from time to time.

PS2 for everything else (can’t wait for Gran Turismo 4). In my circle of friends and beyond, I’ve found that most people own the PS2. That means that when I come over to someone’s place to run some Madden or Live or what have you, I don’t have to try and adapt to a different controller. The Xbox controller isn't all that bad, but the PS2 controller takes it.

Also, if you’re into EASports, know that they are online only on PS2.

*Another thing – no racing game that Xbox brings will compare to Gran Turismo 4.

That's true, but there's a reason we aren't still playing atari 2600's. I can't enjoy a game no matter how nice the gameplay is if it's an eyesore. XBOX has a hard disk which means many upon many save games can be stored on it and you can copy music cds to the disk, how's that? I don't like the fact that ps2 only has 2 controller ports either... or the fact that it's not network ready.... or the loading times. But like I said, everyone's entitled to their opinions. I know that no matter what there's still gonna be alot of people that will defend ps2 to no end, and that's fine.

edit: about the GT4 comment, not true man, not true.... what's GT4 gonna have that an XBOX game won't? Don't say better graphics, and more realistic physics, ps2 can't process physics more realistic than xbox because of the hardware. And if you wanna talk about customizable everything in the cars is what makes that game good, wait for street racing syndicate and burnout....

Re: This is for all you PS2 spawn camping llamas....

Crimson's list

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

XBOX's lineup:

Sept SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos

Sept Silent Hill 4: The Room

Oct DOOM 3

Plus Halo 2 (Halo 2 is probably the most anticipated game ever and for good reasons...when it comes they're going to be sellin like free hotcakes) and what about Fable..all Ive heard about it is that its going to be awesome..

GCN's lineup:

June 7th The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

June 15th Mega Man X: Command Mission

Nov 16th Resident Evil 4 < This will be very very good

Nov 18th Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

PS2's lineup:

Hmmm....can't think of anything

Originally posted by Jackson

Xbox is aight but the controllers suck, ps2 has great controllers

I beg to differ, PS2 controllers are decent, but they definately should have put

some extra design into them when they released the PS2. My main confilct with it

is the shoulder buttons....mainly L2 and R2. The natural position for my middle fingers isnt jammed up next to L1 and R1, its down underneath the little shoulder

overhang....anyways I hate that shit.

And xbox controllers seem to fit very nicely in my hand...all the buttons are in

close proximity, and it fits comfortably. Not the big controllers though...those things

are fucking abominations.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

edit: about the GT4 comment, not true man, not true.... what's GT4 gonna have that an XBOX game won't? Don't say better graphics, and more realistic physics, ps2 can't process physics more realistic than xbox because of the hardware. And if you wanna talk about customizable everything in the cars is what makes that game good, wait for street racing syndicate and burnout....

It’s the physics. Out of every racing game I’ve played, no game has matched Polyphony’s GT4. Xbox may have the potential to process the physics better, but no amount of “It’s good to play togeva” nonsense has allowed it to actually beat gran turismo 3’s physics. And from the articles I’ve read, GT4 will surpass the previous one in that department.

Like I said, I wish I had both. Both systems are very good, and yes, the Xbox has some things that make it spectacular. But if I really had to limit myself to just one console, it’s the ps2.

The only reason I don’t play my Atari 2600 still is because my mom gave it away to my cousins years back. :( Yar’s Revenge was awesome. I hear that they’re coming with a new version of that game…or was it a dream?

I owned a ps2 for about a month until I wisened up

and returned it for an xbox....great decision.

For about $7 I got an adaptor on ebay that allows

me to use the ps2 controller on my xbox. But I

still preffer the xbox controllers for racing games.

The triggers are much more precise and accurate.

Never played GT3 but I do like playing Project

Gotham 2 and playing on XBox live makes it that

much more enjoyable. As soon as I finish a track

I can see where I rank against other players

worldwide. Or I can download a ghost to see how

the person with the fastest time or best score

was to do it.

And, ea sports will be on xbox live this fall, count

on it. But IMO, ESPN Football is equal to if not

better than Madden. Accept it.

Don't buy either one. When the 2004 christmas season hits the companies are going to drop the new consoles on us immediatly making current hardware obsolete and laughable in the face of new laser guided technology.

GO to my house and it's like the lost burial ground for video game systems. I've got grocery bags packed with old nintendo games, a sega genesis laying on it's side like a speared rhinocerous, a super nintendo that looks like a domestic abuse victim and a playstation that was thrown at an unruly guest years ago.

SONAFABITCH FUCK SHIT SHIT SHTI FUCK

Kill Bill Game Not Going To Happen

You heard it here first. Way back in April I mentioned that the Kill Bill video game was in trouble, and today there's a Reuters story that confirms no such game is in development.

After licensing Quentin Tarantino's fourth film for the video game realm last year, a spokeswoman said there is no "Kill Bill" game in development at this time. With the traditional 18 months required to make a game and the second movie bowing in February, it looks as if gamers won't be able to kung fu fight with the film's colourful characters.

Also, some of the Kill Bill stars talked to Tech TV about their use of technology.

oh dhabs you know I dont know any better.

we're not gamers or anything, and it suites us for our once in a while video game fix.

now, what would you have suggested? i know your elite with the pc games... but as for hookuptoyour t.v. console??

and im mad that kill bill wont be a game.

::hugs:: you know you still love me.

PS2

PS2 is the system to go with, no doubt about it..It has more games and better games IMO. I plan on buying an Xbox one day, for one game Metal Slug 3,..But for now I'd rather play PS2 and Sega Saturn...I've had more fun with my SNES than I ever have with an Xbox. Although HALO was one bad ass game..And I heard Ninja Gaiden was pretty good too.

Originally posted by blazeakaEd

X-box all da way it may have some disadvantages like huge controllers and big system but it has da best grafics and gameplay and it plays dvds(so does PS2)but u get da point

Learn to spell, read, and make plausible points or shut the hell up.

kthx.

Originally posted by Devilush

we have a ps2. pretty cool.

we're also getting an x-box because of halo. plus its only 149.00 right now? shit. hop to it.

Well, right now they're selling limited edition semi-transparent Green Xbox's

that come WITH Halo...and they're only $160.00.

So shit, hop to it.

Originally posted by Crimsøn

Well, right now they're selling limited edition semi-transparent Green Xbox's

that come WITH Halo...and they're only $160.00.

So shit, hop to it.

Whaaaaa???

When's the new systems coming out? Next year? Christmas? I might wait for them to come out and buy vintage surplus xbox's... and rig them all together and make a super gaming machine! Hahahahaha.... yeah right. Maybe someday.

Originally posted by LENS

Don't buy either one. When the 2004 christmas season hits the companies are going to drop the new consoles on us immediatly making current hardware obsolete and laughable in the face of new laser guided technology.

GO to my house and it's like the lost burial ground for video game systems. I've got grocery bags packed with old nintendo games, a sega genesis laying on it's side like a speared rhinocerous, a super nintendo that looks like a domestic abuse victim and a playstation that was thrown at an unruly guest years ago.

Uh no, unless you are speaking about the psx...

but the next xbox and ps3 are due for early 2006..

ps2 vs xbox

i own a ps2,but my friends are slowly trying to talk me into an xbox,

they put a extra hard drive(disc)250,and download games,movies,mp3 etc and run it on the xbox...iam blown away,they got like 150 games,100 new movies....so now iam going for the xbox!why:

250 Gigabyte Harddisc

Media Player

Dashboard (menu)

-FTP Server

-Internet Explorer

-Messenger

-better grafics

-Online games

- HD

-game copy = 5 min on the harddisc

-play Nintendo64, SNES, NES, PSX

-no memory card, saved on the HD