Pictures of a scars you wish you had....

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

German is not better, it's different. My girlfriend had a car.. it was a vr6 passat wolfsberg edition glx... stupid fucking retarded to fix ANYTHING on that car, not to mention the prices for any part on it were just fucking outrageous in price... and I'm talking stock parts, not performance stuff. So there's alot of different things that weigh into what makes a car good or not. I'd rather have a japanese car that I can get parts for ALL day long in the junkyard than some German car that I have to order parts from german for thousands of dollars. She had a small fender bender that, screwed up the front bumper a little bit and slightly warped the hood. The totaled the car because the parts were well over what they thought they should be so they handed her $6000 in cash... she only bought the car for 5. Do the math.

I'm not going to get into it, but nothing matches german build quality.

I've driven enough cars to know, and after having a VW as a daily driver for over a year I won't drive anything else (apart from the obvious)

the parts may be expensive, but that's why you have warranty and insurance.

You can go to the junkyard all day long for japanese parts ... which says something in itself.

I've seen countless VW's with over 300,000 KM on the odom. My buddy is currently running a MKII (model year 1990) with over 320,000 KM on it. That speaks to me.

Also, nothing feels as solid on the road as german built cars. I remember one wreck on vwvortex.com where a state trooper posted that he attended to a crash site where two people were racing at > 100mph, a VW GTI and a mazda RX8. Both of them were involved in the same wreck, 3 people in the VW got out and walked away from it, both of the people in the RX8 were body bagged outta there.

VW FOR LIFE SON.

edit: I'm also not trying to start a pissing match here either, but if she had a "small fender bender" that warped her roof, it sounds to me like it was a little more serious than a small fender bender. I hear what you're saying on the expensive parts thing... but thats not 100% true. If you're buying OEM parts from a VW service dept. you're obviously paying too much, and there are other sources out there for cheaper.

With Mitsubishi's 10year or 100 thousand mile warranty its hard to turn down a shitbox (evo) for its preformace capabilities and pricing...

Ive never owned a vw or audi, so I have no clue about how they hold up or pricing, parts or in whole. I do know a buddy that had a gti, and that thing fell apart in 3 months, every piece of paneling fell off that thing within two weeks..brand new..hahaha..

Guy was not happy.

yeah but that can happen with any auto make, sometimes you just get the car that was put together on friday afternoon.

teen_014: yeah my buddy is currently running an mkII(1990) (car pictured) GTI 1.8 8v, that up there is a G60 (which is a monster! the G60 was the original corrado engine... supercharged 4 banger). Myself, I just bought myself a MKV(2007) GTI, 2.0T. I should be taking possesion of it sometime in november, I'll post up pictures when it shows up.

teen_014: yeah my buddy is currently running an mkII(1990) (car pictured) GTI 1.8 8v, that up there is a G60 (which is a monster! the G60 was the original corrado engine... supercharged 4 banger). Myself, I just bought myself a MKV(2007) GTI, 2.0T. I should be taking possesion of it sometime in november, I'll post up pictures when it shows up.

Yup, it was a G60 I drove.

A friend of mine also has the MKV Golf, not a GTI though, but it's wonderful to drive. But the fucking alarm when you don't wear your seatbelt drives me crazy, I fastened the seatbelt an sat on it, to make a statement, but the car didn't catch up. and the indicators, you can't just do a nice one-blink thingy, it fucking blinks three times. Apart from that, really nice car.

those are all features that you can change with the VAG-COM tool, the 3 blink is a flash to pass feature... but 90% of people on the highway don't know how to fucking drive anyway and if you flash to pass them they just sit in the left lane like a retard anyway, and then look pissed off when you blow by em in the right lane.

tell your buddy to take a look at vwortex.com's forums, he can find someone locally who has the VAG-COM and can do lots of neat things.... like kill the seatbelt chime, the DRL's, the flash to pass, if he has fogs he can play around with the function of those too, the alarm chime, etc etc

that's cool shameless, I'll have to check it out from work tomorrow because the only feed I'm seeing now is pitch black :(

Archived