Pictures of a scars you wish you had....

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to get into it, but nothing matches german build quality.

I've driven enough cars to know, and after having a VW as a daily driver for over a year I won't drive anything else (apart from the obvious)

the parts may be expensive, but that's why you have warranty and insurance.

You can go to the junkyard all day long for japanese parts ... which says something in itself.

I've seen countless VW's with over 300,000 KM on the odom. My buddy is currently running a MKII (model year 1990) with over 320,000 KM on it. That speaks to me.

Also, nothing feels as solid on the road as german built cars. I remember one wreck on vwvortex.com where a state trooper posted that he attended to a crash site where two people were racing at > 100mph, a VW GTI and a mazda RX8. Both of them were involved in the same wreck, 3 people in the VW got out and walked away from it, both of the people in the RX8 were body bagged outta there.

VW FOR LIFE SON.

edit: I'm also not trying to start a pissing match here either, but if she had a "small fender bender" that warped her roof, it sounds to me like it was a little more serious than a small fender bender. I hear what you're saying on the expensive parts thing... but thats not 100% true. If you're buying OEM parts from a VW service dept. you're obviously paying too much, and there are other sources out there for cheaper.

Actually, it was the hood... not the roof... she hit a trailer hitch on a truck... anyway, that aside, my little brother has a 2000 VW Passat V6 GLS... he wants to do some performance stuff to it, but I have been unable to find any good information. It seems that most everyone fucking with the vw's are playing with the turbo models. Do you know where I can find some good stuff for the car? Any help is appreciated. I love his car, btw, except that mother fucker SUCKS gas big time if you get on it... and that I'm not too fond of, but it's still a nice ride, and I smoked a 2.4L turbo pt cruiser BAD in his car with the tiptronic shifting.... anyway, yeah if you could help me out with that, it'd be great.

is it a VR ? 12 valve? 24 valve?

try and find out which model engine he has via his vin # and I might be able to help a little more.

there is big turbo kits for the VR engines (and not so big turbo), and most VR internals can handle the FI on stock internals (he might have to chip, and replace his injectors though)

check out techtonics tuning for stuff like catback's and downpipes. it's also worthwhile to check out their other stuff (mounts, cams, etc...) techtonics make hands down the best VW aftermarket parts out there IMO

It's not a VR. It says V6 on the trunk... and I believe, if I'm not mistaken, it's the 2.8L 6cyl motor. I'll go look up techtonics though. I'm completely lost when it comes to finding info for this particular car. I can answer, and find answers all day long for DSM related stuff, but this VW thing is proving to be elusive when it comes to finding aftermarket stuff for this particular model of Passat.

fuse: I think you got that backwards, VW was originally manufactured by Porsche, for the german people at the request of mr. Adolf Hitler (Volkswagen literally translates to the peoples car) ... and when I say bolt in directly in I mean directly, as in you can use the same mounts and bolts and everything lines up nice and perfectly... I've always wanted to try this but fucked if I have the spare cash, one day... one day

and dirty, I don't think VW make a 6cyl engine that isn't a VR. there's two versions, a 12v and a 24v. both of em can be made to have FI, but the 12v is more suited to it for obvious reasons.... VW doesn't make too many diff engines, and they tend to use the same engine in diff models. for instance, the brand new 2.0T FSI engine is used in GTI's, Jetta GLI's, Jetta 2.0T's, and Passat 2.0T's. You are right though, the Passat typically isn't the focus of the VW tuner community... although the AWD version has its possibilities

gallery%2Farticles%2FHonda%20RSX%20Fred%20Chang%2F01%2Ejpg

gallery%2Farticles%2FHonda%20RSX%20Fred%20Chang%2F05%2Ejpg

gallery%2Farticles%2FHonda%20RSX%20Fred%20Chang%2F20%2Ejpg

"The car went through the 700ft slalom course “faster than a Dodge Viper, Porsche Carrera GT supercar, half-million-dollar Saleen S7” and just 1.3mph slower than a Ferrari Enzo* (*06/05 – Road & Track Speed Magazine) and pulled a very impressive 0.94g on the skidpad.* (06/05 – Road & Track Speed Magazine). "

-fuse.

'54 Honda intent to participate in Isle of Man TT Race.

'59 Honda racing team takes 6th place in 125cc class in first entry in Isle of Man TT Race

'61 Honda racing team sweeps first five places in Isle of Man TT Race in both 125cc and 250cc categories.

'62 Construction of Suzuka circuit completed.

'64 Honda makes F1 debut at German Grand Prix (places 9th).

'65 Honda claims first F1 victory, in Mexico.

'66 Honda wins Constructor's Championship in all classes (50cc; 125cc; 250cc; 350cc; 500cc) at World Grand Prix, an international first.

Brabham Honda wins 11 straight races, an F2 first.

'67 Honda wins F1 Italian Grand Prix.

1980's

'81 Honda wins 500cc Motocross World Championship for 3rd consecutive year.

'82 XR500R wins Paris-Dakar Rally.

'83 Honda returns to F1 racing after 15-year hiatus.

'84 Honda wins for first time in its F1 comeback, at F1 Dallas Grand Prix in US.

Ralt Honda establishes new world r ecord of 12 consecutive victories in F2.

'86 Honda finishes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th in Paris-Dakar Rally.

Williams Honda takes F1 GP Constructor's Championship.

'87 F1 racing begins at Suzuka circuit.

Williams Honda takes F1 GP double title (Constructor's, Driver's Championships).

'88 McLaren Honda wins double title in F1 GP and posts record 11 consecutive F1 victories.

1990's

'90 McLaren Honda takes third F1 GP double title.

'91 Honda posts 60th Grand Prix victory in Brazil GP.

Honda posts 10th consecutive win in Isle of Man TT Race.

McLar en Honda wins double title in F1 Grand Prix (Driver's Championship for 5th consecutive year; Constructor's Championship 4th consecutive year).

'92 Honda announces withdrawal from F1 racing at end of '92 season.

'93 Honda wins World Solar Challenge '93, world's largest solar car race, with the Honda Dream.

'94 Honda enters US CART Series.

'95 Honda claims first CART Series victory in New Hampshire, US.

NSX wins GT2 class at Le Mans 24 Hour Race.

'96 Honda takes CART Series Manufacturer's Championship.

Honda wins World Solar Challenge '96.

'97 Honda wins 1997 Japanese Touring Car Championships.

Twin Ring Motegi completed.

'98 Japan's first CART race held at Twin Ring Motegi.

'99 Honda sweeps first three places in motorcycle TT Formula One race.

2000's

'00 Honda begins its 3rd era of F1 racing.

'01 500 World Grand Prix victories in motorcycle racing.

Honda takes 6th consecutive Driver's title; 4th Manufacturer's title in CART Series.

'02 Race debut of new 4-stroke, 5-cylinder RC211V motorcycle.

'03 Honda enters Indy Car Series.

'04 Honda engines power 1st through 7th place finishers at Indy 500.

Takahisa Fujinami becomes Japan's first series champion in FIM Trial World Championship.

'05 Official Honda Racing F1 Team is launched.

Honda wins Manufacturer's Championship, Driver's Championship, and Bombardier Rookie of the Year award in the IndyCar Series.

You're right metronome, Hondas are hardly worth talking about.

Source

-fuse.

Archived