Pictures of a scars you wish you had....

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok its time for a new car. Im getting one sometime this week.

I cant decide between these 2.

VW Bora VR6 4motion

DisplayImage.aspx?PD=9644904&S=ISS

DisplayImage.aspx?PD=9644909&S=ISS

or

Ford XR6 Turbo

1418429.jpg

1418434.jpg

Both are the same price ($26,000 Australian)

I could get that 180/240sx above but all my friends are anti ricer and cops here pull over jap imports way too often.

I could get that 180/240sx above but all my friends are anti ricer and cops here pull over jap imports way too often.

I know people like that. Its sad when they dont see the difference between:

240sx1.jpg

and

1612189sil80side.JPG

I guess its all in taste. My father owned a 240z, 260z and gave me my first car, a 280zxt. I was born and bred to look at classic japanese sports cars, so I love that people are discovering the 240sx after it sat unoticed in the US for so long.

I would take a nissan over any domestic car.

I've never heard of that ford either... it does look nice. Hey Shameless, guess what!! My buddy just called and said someone flipped their turbo talon, so the head is in the car, I'm fixin to put my wifebeater on and go out in the swealtering heat to pull the head... those things get GUTTED QUICK in the junkyards around here it seems everyone is out to find talons and eclipses that were turbo that have good parts... and that 240sx is very nice... compared to the yellow rice rocket, I can only imagine the yellow car's exhaust is probably the loud rattly variety and sounds like shit... that seems to go hand in hand with bad taste around here is exhausts that aren't proper for the cars they get put on and they end up sounding really stupid instead of really nice.

Yes, Boxcars, I kinda agree... they're like bad ass "out of the box"... I much more appreciate people

building their own motors and doing their own work to make a car fast. It gives a nice sense of accomplishment

unlike a nice sense of debt felt from blowing $200k on a European sports car.

Well gentleman there is a 240sx in detroit for 800. Very clean, little rust on the trunk(common).

Engine has high numbers, but it wont be in it for long.

Im going to look at it on friday.

Although Im unemployed and pennyless, Im going to find a way to have this car...I might have to sell a bunch of extra shit I have for my Z for it. Its hard to find one for that price without extensive rust around here.

Also I have an interview on next monday for a place I really want to work for. Best part is, its 5 min away from a very well known raceway..

Wish me luck.

Good luck!! And I hope you get the 240... is that an sr20det motor I see you buying in the near future too?!

My talon guru made friends with a guy that has an sr20det'd 240 w/ big fmic.... anyway the guy took him for

a ride in it and drifted the little u-turn around thing underneath the underpass of a highway...

well my talon friend said it was the scariest thing at first but after they made a couple rounds and realized

that the guy had total control of the car, he said it was exciting in a way that he had never felt excited in his talon....

which are not capable of doing that... I guess with the exception of the very very FEW talons that are either converted

to rwd or making a shit ton of hp/torque on the awd transmission. You have to have ridiculous power

to drift an awd. Anyway good luck on the job and get that car.

Oh, and my car is nearing a time in which it will be completely drivable... I'm in the process of taking the rest of the

accessories off the motor that's in the car, and I have to send my new (used) head and block to the machine shop

to get machined and put together... then it's a matter of switching over all my other stuff like my alternator, mani's

powersteering, transmission, etc.... then I will be burning the riced out mustang gt's that are all over the place here

once again, in my "beater" ass 4-cyl... I cannot wait, it's getting very close and I've been putting alot of time into

finding and getting the engine components I've needed, it's very exciting to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived