Ghost Town: Chernobyl.

non-hetero

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Daze One Million

why do you guys stay hatin on mankind, i mean wtf? dissing nuclear power.....how dumb is that, really now....i mean i understand that it fucked a lot of shit up, familys, peoples homes, the enviroment, but you guys need to stop hatin on advancement...

A technology that has killed millions upon millions of people? Stop hating on advancement? Sounds like something a facist would have said back in nazi Germany... There are plenty of advancements no one hates on, like medicine, electronics, etc. Nuclear power isn't something we have to have, especially with the cost of lives...

Originally posted by anonymity1

Yes, nuclear waste is a terrible thing, but if people want to stop having to rely on nuclear power, we need to stop wasting non-renewable resources. That means if you are just going a short distance walk, ride a bike, carpool do everything in your effort to conserve non renewable resources so we dont have to increase reliability on this shit. We need more scientists to find out alternative energy sources before we completely fuck the world over.

Just imagine a single nuclear war. How many areas would be completely wiped out for millions of years, completely uninhabitable. I believe mankind will definitely end due to nukes.

Yes, a small amount of uranium produces a shitload of power, but the waste stays just about for ever. What will happen when there is no room left for nuclear waste and they start shooting that shit up into space?

I agree totally but if the rich people can't make a buck off of it than they will go to any lenghts to destroy it.

This is why rich people must die!!!HA HA HA!

ABANDONMENT, CANCER, DISPLACEMENT, ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER, NUCLEAR POWER, MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!

"marauders in radiation poluted area are not just a regular marauders, they don't steal stuff for themselves. There were cases of radiactive tv sets and other stuff being sold on city second hand markets and then police shot 7 or 8 of them and it helped"

Yikes to buying a tv covered in fallout.

a lot of you need to read the UNSCEAR reports on the after-effects of the Chernobyl explosions to clear up your misconceptions. it wasnt nearly as huge a disaster as most of you seem to think. 2 of the 3 remaining reactors continued to operate until the late 1990's, and every scientist working near or even right AT the site of the accident are being exposed to levels of radiation which are considered safe by every G7 nation. the figures for the number of people killed by the radiation on that woman's site are waaaay too high.

Space is humankinds only option for survival once the sun is ready to die. The sun will expand before it dies, so large it will overtake earths place in the solar system. It is vital for humankind to get off this rock, and the last thing we need is to be polluting our only means for survival with high speed nuclear waste bombs.

thats true, but in reality the solar system will be destroyed before it is our suns time to die out, the milky way is on a collision course with our sister solar system (cant recall the name) and if we dont find a way out of our solar system entirely, everything will be destroyed reguardless,i highly doubt humankind will be advanced enough in that amount of time to get out of our solar system and find a habitable planet to live on so with all due respect i think the nuclear waste missles are a good idea

Originally posted by anonymity1

There are other answers.....what about nuclear waste? What are we gonna do with all that SHIT? We dont need to be filling space on earth with that bullshit.

Solar power doesn't produce any waste except for the minimal amount used to make the panels.

God damn.

Kids are going to have to live here in a few decades.

I know it's gonna suck when I'm in my thirties, but it's gonna suck for the kids that are like 5 now.

renewable energy like hydro-electric, wind-power, or solar-power are not feasable when it comes to providing power on a worldwide scale. they just cant do it. Nuclear power, if the reactors are safe and all waste is safely disposed, does NO harm at all to the environment compared to the other means of power-generation we use. Burning fossil fuels, no matter how 'safe' the plants are, will always be poisoning our air and water oin a huge scale.

/devils advocate

...the only hope for humanity is cooperation and cold mothafuckin fusion :)

• 3 weeks later...

Her site has been updated with many more photos and stories.

Fuck I wish you could hotlink angelfire pictures.

These new ones are so amazing!

If you have already visited this site from my original post start off here:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofsp...d/chapter9.html

If this is your first time on this thread go here:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

Great site!

"With super vocals quicker than Superman can find a phone booth

The whole truth, nothin but the whole truth, I roast you

Thermonuclear vocals get hotter than Chernobyl

The double O, just abide nuclear explosions

Exposin radiation like a vulcan

I'm the only guy that knows why the Golden Eye

was stolen by five Soviet spies

They told me to lie, they dont want to hear the god spit

Chop my hands off at the armpits,

But i regenerate limbs Like Star fish, comin at you with the hard shit

Swallow my beeper and page myself so I can communicate with a dolphin

Lyrical arson, rush the planet like a million martians committin arson

Walkin the tarpits in India with snake charmlets..."

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd400/d451/d45142973f4.jpg'>

Re: Great site!

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

"With super vocals quicker than Superman can find a phone booth

The whole truth, nothin but the whole truth, I roast you

Thermonuclear vocals get hotter that in Chernobyl

The double O, just abide nuclear explosions

Exposin radiation like a vulcan

I'm the only guy that knows why the Golden Eye

was stolen by five Soviet spies

They told me to lie, they dont want to hear the god spit

Chop my hands off at the armpits,

But i regenerate limbs Like Star fish, comin at you with the hard shit

Swallow my beeper and page myself so I can communicate with a dolphin

Lyrical arson, rush the planet like a million martians committin arson

Walkin the tarpits in India with snake charmlets..."

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd400/d451/d45142973f4.jpg'>

Theo, is that Hempstead, as in Hempstead long island NY???

• 2 years later...
Yeah dude.... people go there to die.... the reason all those vehicles are still there is because they're contaminated beyond belief.... that place is cursed. I would be surprised if it became inhabited again during our lifetimes...

its already inhabitated dudeness. Some people have refused to leave.

Considering there is so much media attention on chernobyl, some of you are some ignorant motherfuckers

I got this photography book afew years ago. There are cool photos of iron curtain classrooms with plants growing in them and photos of lenin hanging on the walls.

3882439211.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Btw, its been said in recent articles that the number ofhealth problems caused by the radiation is highly exagerated

Guest Ginger Bread Man

did anyone watch the discovery channel special on chernobyl sunday? very interesting

they were saying how the radiation sinks 1 cm per year and it is 20 cm deep at this point. the only way to truly clean up the site would be to dig 20 cm deep put the earth into sealed containers and store it. there is still enough uranium to leathaly affect 100 million people in the core of the plant. the sarcaphagos <sp> that was made as a shell over the plant was ment to last 30 years. more than 20 have passed and the plan was to later create an even large shell around the current. this construction is already 10 years late in building. more than 500,000 civilian and military personel asisted in the cleanup. 24 hours a day rain or shine.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

by the way the life of a kilogram of the waste is 280 years... that area is uninhabitable.

daily crunch from what i saw in the doc. there are no people living there.

Archived