Ghost Town: Chernobyl.

non-hetero

I found this village a few years ago, I couldn't find it on my map, but the town cemetary tells the tale that, from the early 1800's, until 1986, all of the people who lived in this village were Smirnovs. It must be sectarian village, where brothers married sisters and all have the same last name. I put this village on my map and named it Smirnovka.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200 rubelf for a 2 hour tour, but the deafening silence creeped them out and they fled within 15 minutes of entering the dead zone...

not for me, and yeah nuclear power seems pretty inane when you really think of the devestation it has caused us so far.

common knowledge in the scientific community says that the earth has restarted every 2000 years or so. I wonder if after our time here is done, will there be explorers looking for gold or something and stumble upon teh radiation.

all this is too creepy for me to want to think about. i think someone should go in the dead zone and recover what they can from buildings and whatnot. unless that is something nobody there wants to even remember, which is understandable.

Technically that site's a hoax. While the woman did explore the dead zone, apparently her husband drove her around in a car to do it and they brought along the bike for a few posed shots. But the photos are cool nonetheless.

Archived